Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lotus Circuit Racer

Lotus Circuit Racer

The Lotus “Circuit Car”
    The all new lightweight and high performance track day Lotus

The new Lotus “Circuit Car” was announced by Kim
    Ogaard-Nielsen, CEO of Group Lotus, to privileged Lotus Club International members at the annual Lotus Club International Gala Dinner held at Norwich City Football Club. Based on the Lotus Elise Aluminium chassis, and weighing in at approximately 600kg, the single-seater car (with an option of two seats) has been designed and engineered solely for Track Day and Club Racing.

The lightweight composite bodywork of the visually dramatic open-topped circuit car combines high downforce from cleverly engineered aerodynamics. Part of its phenomenal performance is from a supercharged VVTL-i (Variable Valve Timing with Lift – intelligent) engine, and is estimated to achieve the 0 – 100 mph (160 km/h) sprint in a staggering 9.0 seconds. This exciting
    combination has allowed for a dynamic racing package producing higher performance to that of existing Elise-based products. An entry-level naturally-aspirated VVTL-i engine will also be available, powering the car from 0 – 62 mph in under 4 seconds.

Tony Shute, Head of Product Development at Lotus Cars, explains what makes the Lotus “Circuit Car” a leading high performance track car: “The new product has allowed Lotus to once again apply its key “performance through lightweight” philosophy. This is in order to achieve an innovative product for the track day and club racing Lotus enthusiast whilst staying true to the key
    design attributes of the Elise and Exige products. They are considered to be amongst the finest existing road and track day cars by thousands of owners around the world, and the “Circuit Car” will build on this formidable reputation, helping to further underline Lotus as the ultimate driver’s choice.”

The introduction of the new Lotus “Circuit Car” will generate additional exposure of the Lotus brand and provide Lotus with entry to further key market sectors, as Clive Dopson, Managing Director of Lotus Cars, explains “The introduction of this new model plays a key role in developing and enhancing the presence of Lotus Cars on the track, whilst providing the driver of today with a pure circuit car which thrives on the essential values of the Lotus brand. In addition, it will be yet another example of a high quality product to be built at our world class production facilities at Hethel.”

The Lotus “Circuit Car” is due to go into production at the Group Lotus Headquarters in Hethel, Norfolk, in December 2005, with scheduled volume of approximately 100 units per annum.

Full specifications and price will be announced closer to the production date.

Predicted Performance figures:

Naturally Aspirated VVTL-i Engine:

0 to 60 mph 4 seconds (approx.)
    0 to 100 mph < 11 seconds

Supercharged VVTL-i Engine:

0 to 60 mph 3.5 seconds (approx.)
    0 to 100 mph < 9.0 seconds
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

might as well have just moved jorismo's thread to the hideout...

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    might as well have just moved jorismo's thread to the hideout...
    I posted the entire press release and my pictures are 4x as big.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    I posted the entire press release and my pictures are 4x as big.
    And you now want an applause or something??
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    Just pointing out the differences between your thread and mine and why mine is in the hide-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Just pointing out the differences between your thread and mine and why mine is in the hide-out.
    I know, just kiddin' around...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

He deserves a big one!
    Do you people imagine the work that we have to download, resize and post all these pictures? Matt and others have a lot of work just to please you and you even complain about it ??? Gosh...
    Last edited by McLareN; 06-13-2005 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McLareN
    He deserves a big one!
    Do you people imagine the work that we have to download, resize and post all these pictures? Matt and others have a lot of work just to please you and you even complain about it ??? Gosh...
    RELAX!!! Why don't you just come to Holland and we'll discuss this point while smoking a nice joint.... mmmmm nice....

RELAX!!! Why don't you just come to Holland and we'll discuss this point while smoking a nice joint.... mmmmm nice....
    I was just making a (true) statement.
    And well, thats an interesting offer. i'll think about it

Quote Originally Posted by McLareN
    I was just making a (true) statement.
    And well, thats an interesting offer. i'll think about it
    don't think, just do!!

Any details on "when" and "how much" ?

I'd like to see an Expose version

well, a good solution would be to ermm... edit jorismo's post with the larger pictures and move it to the hideout, seems stupid having 2 threads the same name but its allowed. May aswel just make a new website called 'mattshi-res hideout.com' in that case..

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    well, a good solution would be to ermm... edit jorismo's post with the larger pictures and move it to the hideout, seems stupid having 2 threads the same name but its allowed. May aswel just make a new website called 'mattshi-res hideout.com' in that case..
    Yeah... greate idea...

These pics look like an ugly chop. Thanks anyway)
    my site - http://www.caravan.ru/~chapter/pu

Yeah... greate idea...
    do i sense sarcasm?

Thread Information