Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4th Gen.

I'm currently on a $19 cap and the phone was free. How many megglebytes do you get/use?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

50% of people i see with the i-phone, only do 99% of what i do with my phone. I think (some) people only get the new wizz bang toy as it's the cool thing. Half the time there are more phones with more substance- or more towards your real needs. I'll look at the i-phone in 12 months again and weigh that up.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Quote Originally Posted by S.O.S View Post
    50% of people i see with the i-phone, only do 99% of what i do with my phone. I think (some) people only get the new wizz bang toy as it's the cool thing. Half the time there are more phones with more substance- or more towards your real needs. I'll look at the i-phone in 12 months again and weigh that up.
    High tech phones are only appreciated when you get one for yourself the first time. Then you'll never go back. I HATE Apple, but I love my iPhone.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I'm currently on a $19 cap and the phone was free. How many megglebytes do you get/use?
    ~500mb. More than enough for a Smartphone (unless you start tethering with it, but thats another story entirely.)
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Very keen on this. My N97 has a faulty main board, so I might be given store credit to buy a new phone with. Probably going to wait for this to be released.

But then Nokia will be releasing the N8, which has a 12mp camera, and proper GPS... something I need...
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Quote Originally Posted by S.O.S View Post
    Part of it is that Apple's branding and name brand recognition. Same idea with BMW.

UPDATE: Some questions are answered for you guys.
    How much will the 16GB and 32GB models of the new iPhone 4 cost without a subsidy and contract [UNLOCKED]? Is that option available?
    Yes, the phones are available without a contract and without a subsidy. The 16GB iPhone will cost $599 and the 32GB iPhone is $699.

...So this means I can get the 16GB for $199 and the 32GB for $299, correct?
    Correct.

Also, pics of the white iPhone. Yeah, I'll be getting the black. So much for the 64GB that was much rumored...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

So this is my present phone, now in much worse condition.

It sucks, but I don't want it to die any time soon 'cause I don't want to pay for a new cell phone, let alone something so expensive.
    But I do want a touch screen notebook/desktop pc. Just saying.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    High tech phones are only appreciated when you get one for yourself the first time. Then you'll never go back. I HATE Apple, but I love my iPhone.
    I got a 5110! lol, no seriously i have the fancy stuff and all that in my phone, all touch and shake and stuff..
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Part of it is that Apple's branding and name brand recognition. Same idea with BMW.
    Expensive taxi ? lol. They do great things apple, they pretty much made the mobile phone world wake up, and it was needed.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

I just want to throw a couple of things in. For starters I am really not a fan of the iPhone, my HTC Hero can keep up with the iPhone 4 and it's a year old.

First thing is about the video calls, they can only be made over wifi. Why? When I am attached to my wifi I just use Skype on my PC.

Secondly is the video editing, what's the point in that? I feel cramped editing on my 24" monitor, I have a secondary 19" for playback. Also my HD video folder with my edits in is 54GB, yet Apple don't do a phone greater than 32GB? I think they missed a trick there.

Just my opinions. I do think the display is a very good innovation though.

Oh and the A4 chip was developed by Samsung...
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

HTC Hero is one phone i was looking at. Cheaper then the i-phones with a better deal hard to ignore.

they will be releasing the face time for use over 3G eventually, but they have to make sure the carriers are ready for it.. thats a lot of bandwidth it would suck up.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    they will be releasing the face time for use over 3G eventually, but they have to make sure the carriers are ready for it.. thats a lot of bandwidth it would suck up.
    I understand, but I have been making video calls for about 2 years now and my network seems to handle it fine, both phones I used had VGA front facing cameras so the data transfer was the same. It just seemed a silly!
    Maybe with the iPhone now supporting video calls it might drive down the costs to make one!
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Facetime over wi-fi only for now will likely be a US only thing.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Suka, the US is only an "emerging market" for advanced phone features and usage and so most of the things seen as "new and attractive" will be old had to us.
    With the exception of touch and screen resolution this "new" iPhone is only NOW matching the N95 design I've had for the last 3 years.
    Apps ? Yes, oodles more on the iPhone ... but do I really need a "gun simulator" or a "candle" ? All the real apps are covered. The N95s assisted GPS is as good now as when released 3 years ago. Music/Video ? Yes .. and best of all not forced to buy them through the vendors store
    Coming back to markets, we are more "mature" ... and for that reason astounds me how succesful the iPhone marketing is in the UK. Folks who've bought though dont' really realise that what the iPhone pronounces as "new and innovative" is old old tech.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information