Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2010 Chinese Grand Prix (April 16 - 18)

However you hate Hamilton for his moves on the track, you can never deny his outright pace. Its a fact he is faster than Button and a fact that in his first year he kept Alonso honest. How can these not be skills?
    "This car is about as refined as a Glaswegian dock worker after 10 cans of special brew"

Quote Originally Posted by TheScrutineer View Post
    However you hate Hamilton for his moves on the track, you can never deny his outright pace. Its a fact he is faster than Button and a fact that in his first year he kept Alonso honest. How can these not be skills?
    so if he is so fast on the track why does he need this stupid behaviour?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Not sure if entering the pit lane that way is completely OK. Both Hamilton and Alonso drove off the line delimiting the lane, and it doesn't really matter (to me) if there was tarmac or grass after that line, you're still off.

I think Vettel did that "because Hamilton was there". Of course, if Vettel was alone he wouldn't have moved towards the garages, what I mean is that Hamilton was released when he shouldn't have but still he was trying to take advantage of that "unsafe" release, so Vettel was feeling alittle like the innocent guy getting robbed, or something, and reacted. Wrong nonetheless.
    If that was Valencia with a much tighter pit lane and even more important pit exit, they would have get a penalty, like Ferrari two years ago I think, but it shouldn't make a difference where you are racing.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

So far though its Button 2, Hamilton 0. He being faster is because he has to, to make up for whatever strategic/brain fart deficit he find himself in. I'm no JB fan, but Button has impressed me a lot this year because he is matching Hamilton most of the time on pace, and he seems to be more in control in his race especially when judgement call needs to be made. And all that stuff about him being smooth and gentle seems to be factual and is paying dividend in the age of full-tank endurance F1 rule.

No doubt Hamilton has speed, but he needs to develop as a whole package more in an era of multiple title contender when his car is no longer the fastest as it was in 2007/2008. 2009's struggle with McLaren had not mature him as much as I thought...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    So far though its Button 2, Hamilton 0.
    This. Hamilton's been setting a good pace in races, but destroys his tires doing it and is then forced to slow down. Button's fast and preserving the tires all at once.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    This. Hamilton's been setting a good pace in races, but destroys his tires doing it and is then forced to slow down. Button's fast and preserving the tires all at once.
    A McLaren engineer (can't remember who) was being interviewed after the race and said there has been no clear advantage in tyre wear with Button's smooth style compared to Hamilton. It also stated this in Autosport magazine after reviewing pre-season testing. However, Button seems to be picking when to use his tyres well and hasn't had to ruin them coming though the field like Hamilton.
    "This car is about as refined as a Glaswegian dock worker after 10 cans of special brew"

Always careful on what a team representative ever says.
    THey can't afford to give any opponent even the slightest insight into their own drivers cars.
    Otherwise then the opponent determines their tactics to take advantage.

So "both the same" sounds MUCH more like a holding statement to prevent any team devising any advantage than it ever does the truth
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information