Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 3.2 Turbo Stratos Replica

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    I have not seen any aftermerket body panels which did not need a lot of massaging in order to get them to work...fibreglass is the worst, though.

I refuse to buy aftermarket metal for the Mustang if I ever need to replace anything, as it's a thinner gauge than the original stuff. That's no big deal for, say, a small piece like the front and rear valances, but anything else - hello eBay.
    As far as kits go, most of them need some work.. the hawk needs quite a lot, but the lister bell panels fit from the mould and gan be used without painting. the cars shown on this page Listerbell are all in gel coat fiberglass, no paint, even the green and white car has the colour in the gel coat, so a lot of work is saved!
    Cheers Neil

www.turbonutter.net

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Not bad...bodywork isn't my thing, so...whatever saves work is king for me!
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Does make me smile in the same vein as seeing all the cars with blackboard paint on their exhausts and no oil in their engines at vanity car shows

The original Stratos panel fit was awful !!!!
    If wishing to be "original" it should be all over the place -- just like all period british motorbikes should have an oil puddle below them

BUT as a creation of the aim of the designer I do love the best-of kits.
    Had looked as a possible recreation classic rally car 10-15 years ago to relive memories
    Of these new kits, how many are exact replicas of the mechanics too ?
    Remember being told that they were selling as many suspension arms to original Stratos owners as they were to kits
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I've been around the stratos replica scene for a while 20+ years & while one of the 3 kits claims to be a copy of the origional, the suspension for sure is not the same, some of the panels may be the same, but not a lot else.. Lets face it the lancia had a steel centre tub & non of the kits have.
    I have never tried to make mine a true copy, I am just happy to have somthing similar to the Iconic Stratos
    Cheers Neil

www.turbonutter.net

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    The original Stratos panel fit was awful !!!!
    If wishing to be "original" it should be all over the place -- just like all period british motorbikes should have an oil puddle below them
    Triumphs are pretty reliable these days. I am selling my Harley but would buy a Triumph if I did it all over again.

Or a Norton Commando, if I REALLY had to do it all over again.

"reliable" ... they always were reliable as long as maintained and used regularly.

BUT all dripped oil due to the UK idea that splitting a crankcase along the bottom was a clever idea !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

@tn, the suspension PARTS I was clear about I thought.

Will try and check which one it was. They sold to REAL Stratos owners, so the did fit.
    Unlike another kit which was awful and looked like it was welded by a teenager on an apprentice scheme

"reliable" ... they always were reliable as long as maintained and used regularly.

BUT all dripped oil due to the UK idea that splitting a crankcase along the bottom was a clever idea !!
    Harley had that problem. "It's not leaking oil, it's marking its territory." Still run every day though. It's nice not to leak oil.

@tn, the suspension PARTS I was clear about I thought.

Will try and check which one it was. They sold to REAL Stratos owners, so the did fit.
    Unlike another kit which was awful and looked like it was welded by a teenager on an apprentice scheme
    It would be nice to know which suspension items fitted as I wasnt aware they did.
    Cheers Neil

www.turbonutter.net

Picked the car up earlier this week & witnessed it on the dyno - with a solid 492WHP!

Video Here
    Cheers Neil

www.turbonutter.net

The Car at AET Motorsport & the power graph....

ON DYNO.jpg

Stratos Power Torque 492 whp to scale.JPG
    Cheers Neil

www.turbonutter.net

How does it drive? You're probably too busy actually driving it to post here.

"Honey! We only have 19 rolls of toilet paper left, I'm going to the store!"

What a monster!! Beautiful car, any idea how much it weighs?

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    How does it drive? You're probably too busy actually driving it to post here.

"Honey! We only have 19 rolls of toilet paper left, I'm going to the store!"
    I need to getthe suspension settings tweaked, as its a bit twitchy at the moment, but thats booked for next week, so should drive a lot better then. The power is addictive

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    What a monster!! Beautiful car, any idea how much it weighs?
    I am thinking its around 1100kg, but the car will be weighed when it goes for the suspension set up, so will know for sure then..
    Cheers Neil

www.turbonutter.net

Quote Originally Posted by turbonutter View Post

I am thinking its around 1100kg, but the car will be weighed when it goes for the suspension set up, so will know for sure then..
    That's ridiculous, it must fly

Thread Information