Thread: A funny story!

A funny story!

Here is a funny story my dad was telling me about one of his friends.

My dad had to one night, go with his friend to pick up his new car, A toyota supra Twin turbo. He took him, picked up the car and every thing was fine. It was pretty late at night and the motorways were empty. My dad was already cruising infront of his friend at about 100 mph. The next thing he new the supra came flying past at well over 120 mph and accelerated out of site.
    About 10 minutes later my dad caught up to his mate to find him doing about 40 mph on the hard shoulder. He pulled over and the both got out and inspected the car. What they found were the tires in shreads.
    They called a recovery firm and got his car towed. When they got to the garage, they waited for a while and the mechanic came back to inform them that he had finished. here is the conversation that they had.

Mechanic: Well I have changed the wheels, and its all ready to go
    Dad's friend: Cheers mate
    M: So thats a pretty nice car you have got there.
    DF: Yeah, just got it tonight.
    M: So, how fast have you done in her?
    DF: Well I have just done 175 on the motorway
    M: hahahahahahahahah
    DF: is something funny?
    M: yeah, The wheels that were on the car were only garunteed up to 120 mph, They can't cope with any excess speed
    DF: Oh ****
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Here is a funny story my dad was telling me about one of his friends.

My dad had to one night, go with his friend to pick up his new car, A toyota supra Twin turbo. He took him, picked up the car and every thing was fine. It was pretty late at night and the motorways were empty. My dad was already cruising infront of his friend at about 100 mph. The next thing he new the supra came flying past at well over 120 mph and accelerated out of site.
    About 10 minutes later my dad caught up to his mate to find him doing about 40 mph on the hard shoulder. He pulled over and the both got out and inspected the car. What they found were the tires in shreads.
    They called a recovery firm and got his car towed. When they got to the garage, they waited for a while and the mechanic came back to inform them that he had finished. here is the conversation that they had.

Mechanic: Well I have changed the wheels, and its all ready to go
    Dad's friend: Cheers mate
    M: So thats a pretty nice car you have got there.
    DF: Yeah, just got it tonight.
    M: So, how fast have you done in her?
    DF: Well I have just done 175 on the motorway
    M: hahahahahahahahah
    DF: is something funny?
    M: yeah, The wheels that were on the car were only garunteed up to 120 mph, They can't cope with any excess speed
    DF: Oh ****
    Man, must of *been* some cheap tires
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Man, must of *been* some cheap tires
    They really were. I still can't believe he did 175 with people still on the road even though there was only a few
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    They really were. I still can't believe he did 175 with people still on the road even though there was only a few
    bet he didnt' fit ZW or ZY rated tyres either as they are arm-and-leg jobs.
    I do because of the track $$ouch$$
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

That's not funny, its just stupid.

I bet he didn't bother to check the state of the tyres, let alone that they were of a decent speed rating. And no doubt the oil etc wasn't checked before attempting Vmax either.

That would be really hilarious having the engine sieze at that speed.
    Thanks for all the fish

I think this is copied from another forum.
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Quote Originally Posted by UCR
    I think this is copied from another forum.

This I a 100% true story. I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    That would be really hilarious having the engine sieze at that speed.
    not funny, the new engine in the Stryker locked solid the secodn time we tried to fire it up.
    We stripped it down to find 2 broken pieces of the cam retaining finger locked in the crank cam drive.
    Simple enough to fix - new parts going in tomorrow.
    BUT all we could say to each other is thank God it happnened turning it over on the starter motor and not entering Duffus dip at knockhill in 7000 revs and 100mph. And we KEPT saying it - and giving a little prayer of thanks
    It's not pleasant what happens when a car seizes SOLID because of mechanical failure. I've seen Mini pushrods puncture the bonnet and appear in front of the driver and conrods shear and break their way THROUGH the engine block and bury in the bulkhead.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

relating to ^^ that story, frend of mien was at some rally in kenya, or mebe tanzania. saw this car come up a hill, take off, and then it landed so hard the springs came up thru the bonnet...
    ouch...
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    not funny
    I was being sarcastic

Going by the logic of the tale; if fitting unchecked, innapropriate tyres to a car then trying to go as fast as possible is "funny" then spinning down a dual carriage way in a rapidly disintegrating Supra must be "hilarious".

I think the majority of people shouldn't be allowed near cars, because they just do completely stupid things with them. I am totally amazed that the death count from road "collisions"* isn't in the hundreds of thousands.

*No such thing as an "accident" anymore, according to the authorities.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information