Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McLaren P11

sure it isn't the real p11

of course at woking they already now how the car will look like, probably they have already made a fake full scale car, because a lot of supercar-makers do it at least a couple of years before of the launch time. projecting a car is more difficult if you don't know how the shape of the car is (so the downforce and so on), you'll agree. then, this pics are CG and are pretty ugly, but me and a lot of you can both design such a thing a say it is the next-gen F1, so the point is not if this car is or not (guess what?) ugly, but if the car is going on production or not, by the 2010, as they declare some months ago. i was wondering, only a few weeks ago, that they wouldn't, beacuse of the FIA's 100 million $ ammend, but it is just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    a lot of supercar-makers do it at least a couple of years before of the launch time.
    They build test mules - combinations of new components attached to old cars - and disguised prototypes, but I have never heard of companies building random fake cars to throw people off the scent.

It probably costs a million or so of whatever currency you choose to fabricate a one-off development car, so they will not do it for fun. Prototypes need to have a high degree of relevance to the finished product, or results from testing will not be relevant to the finished product either.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    i was wondering, only a few weeks ago, that they wouldn't, beacuse of the FIA's 100 million $ ammend, but it is just my opinion
    The FIA fined Vodaphone McLaren Mercedes, the racing team run by McLaren Racing.

McLaren Automotive is responsible for their road cars, and is a separate company, and as such should not be directly affected by the fine.

I looks bad and it's obviously going to have a V16 to compete with the Veyron...

Bet it was designed in Coventry....

i was refering to a fake car, made of plaster cast, or sometimes wood, just to figure out how the shape looks like, and only for an internal use of it, probably a half of the people working on the car won't see it until it is really finished.
    probably a didn't explain myself very well.
    anyway, i know this by some friend working at some italian automakers.
    i think you all know modena.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

come on its not going to have V12!!

good car man

Thread Information