Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2008 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

third foot pedal induced diff or brake control thing....that was on the McLaren
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post

Nakajima was an idiot in trying that on the fastest corner. DC does NOT have to concede the speed to allow a faster car to not run wide on the corner. Compare GLock and DC earlier ?

I sense a whole silly Brit driver backlash because Hamilton is a young guy with skill. A repeat of the growrth of Schumi-hate ? Unwarranted imho.

Guys who think it "bad" need to go back and view the last 30+ years of F1. It's a bunch of pussies nowadays in comparison !!!

Charged, your views as a driver are legit for amateur racing. When it's full pro with sponsors and top funding then the cost of a few panel repairs is irrelevant and "holding position" and incurreing a few bumps are accepted. Like you, our track looks VERY poorly on the club racer with that approach. But when BTCC comes there are door handles, mirrors and bumpers spread all over the circuit I think using your epxerience as judge for F1 loses that extra "flexibility"
    Im not anti hamilton he is a cut above the rest at the moment and he is getting the best out of a very well sorted car although James Allen is starting to annoy me greatly with his over parochial commentating Vettel hardly got a mention and drove from the start to the checkers with barely a wheel off line, showed fantastic poise for someone so young yet only was really talked about in the last few laps once lewis couldnt pass Massa. Was absolutley p#ssed at Webbers display, not sure if strategy is to blame or that the renault engine is a bit ordinary in is power delivery without the electronic gizmos but it seems like he is fast but not really a good racer. Hopefully with Vettel next year it will re energize his enthusiasm.... although Im thinking Vettel will smash him in the races and Webber may be finished.
    At least we still have stoner and bayliss

My veiws are probably coming from the ametuer level but I know my sponsor(wifey) would not be happy if i came home with a bent car, plus finding parts for a 34 yr old corolla is not easy and now not cheap.... engines, gearboxes etc I dont care I fix that myself but paint and panel is expensive.... putting a very bent racecar back on the trailer is gut wrenching

Not sure about DC he has done some ordinary driving this year, he has totalled plenty of his and other people cars this year with his driving this year.

Cant wait for the night race it should be a belter
    Last edited by charged; 09-16-2008 at 09:46 AM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Was absolutley p#ssed at Webbers display, not sure if strategy is to blame or that the renault engine is a bit ordinary in is power delivery without the electronic gizmos but it seems like he is fast but not really a good racer. Hopefully with Vettel next year it will re energize his enthusiasm.... although Im thinking Vettel will smash him in the races and Webber may be finished.
    At least we still have stoner and bayliss
    He got stuck behind some of the one stoppers after his first pit stop (Kubica and Alonso) and he cooked his tyres trying to get past them. His final stint it looked like he was swapping fastest times with Raikkonen and Bourdais. He probably couldve finished 3rd-4th if the strategy had been timed better. I'd be surprised if Vettel walks all over him next year, he should have the advantage for the first half of next year at least.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    He got stuck behind some of the one stoppers after his first pit stop (Kubica and Alonso) and he cooked his tyres trying to get past them. His final stint it looked like he was swapping fastest times with Raikkonen and Bourdais. He probably couldve finished 3rd-4th if the strategy had been timed better. I'd be surprised if Vettel walks all over him next year, he should have the advantage for the first half of next year at least.

Hope your right FPV but his attitude and body language suggests he just wants this year over. Hopefully next year will be better with more competition in the team at the moment he doesnt have to try too hard to eclipse his present team mate

Isnt Bayliss retiring at the end of this year?
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27 View Post
    Isnt Bayliss retiring at the end of this year?
    yep sadly, he could sill keep going IMHO, hes heading back to the farm and may be getting a drive in the V8s

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Hope your right FPV but his attitude and body language suggests he just wants this year over. Hopefully next year will be better with more competition in the team at the moment he doesnt have to try too hard to eclipse his present team mate
    I think Webber will be fine for next year and the rest of this year. I havent seen anything from his attitude or body language to suggest anything, but to be honest i havent been looking either. Any multitude of things could be getting him down, not least STR's performance compared to RBR. At the start of the year he was confident Coulthard and himself would keep RBR in with a solid shot at 4th with their better development skills as a team compared to Glock/Trulli, Alonso/Piquet and Rosberg/Nakajima, but now they seem to be fighting the sister team for 6th as Renault and Toyota fight for 4th.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information