Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McLaren P11

How do they know that the styling is finalized?

Looks promising, though I'll wait until 2010 to decide that.

Looks sooo boooring... I've expected much more from McLaren. Those 'clean' lines are too simple, IMO. It's just a modernized Ferrari 360 mixed with Ascari KZ-1. Sooo far from originality...The only thing I like is a rear end reminding of the F1.
    Hope these are not final pics, cause they should have come from year 2000 or something

Time and again, the media concocts a photoshop of some car not due for 2 years, and time and again everyone complains that it looks rubbish.

Why not hold off on commenting on the styling until some actual pictures of the actual car emerge, not the wild fantasies of CAR's graphics department?

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Time and again, the media concocts a photoshop of some car not due for 2 years, and time and again everyone complains that it looks rubbish.

Why not hold off on commenting on the styling until some actual pictures of the actual car emerge, not the wild fantasies of CAR's graphics department?
    Just replying to make sure no one misses this post!!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I understand you both, but in my opinion this car is quite near to future production version - it's not just one photoshop pic, as usual - there are some of them. Moreover, I'm not telling anything on technical subject. I bet that McLaren car would be interesting in handling and so on. But some direction in which the designs would be developed should be already known, and could be shown here in some major parts. Why not? So, if we have some tentative pictures why not to comment on them?
    P.S. You may re-address my previous comment to CAR's graphic department if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Why not? So, if we have some tentative pictures why not to comment on them?
    They are tentative pictures, but they are not tentative pictures of a McLaren P11. They are fiction.

Because when the real pictures come out, all the Brits are going to be on a masturbation festival proclaiming that Lewis Hamilton helped design this new heaven-sent prodigy.

They are tentative pictures, but they are not tentative pictures of a McLaren P11. They are fiction.
    Then you must be a fan of not commenting pictures coming from unofficial sources? Man, we are discussing these exact pics here, not the future car - that's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Because when the real pictures come out, all the Brits are going to be on a masturbation festival proclaiming that Lewis Hamilton helped design this new heaven-sent prodigy.
    you confuse your and our nationalism
    And not a lot was made of McLaren's last one being helped in it's design
    You working on Fantasy Island .....
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Intersting

The article is quite good (thanks Car magazine!) and the concept behind the next McLaren is great. This CG drawing is a little plain but when looking at the F1 it is not an extraordinary visual car as something like the Enzo is. Remember that the F1 was designed first and foremost in the wind tunnel. Frankly it could be a visual slug but if it drives better than the F1 I'll sign up today!

looks kinda nice, but i guess they could do better and it is kinda like the askari z1
    plus the front seems like an exact reproduction of the F430

correction
    askari KZ1, though i dont see the point
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kigango123; 10-15-2007 at 12:19 PM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    it is kinda like the askari z1
    Posting rubbish again I see.

Is it your intent to include as little fact as possible in each of your posts?

It would take about 5 seconds of your time to find the correct title for the vehicle is the Ascari KZ1.

Posting rubbish again I see.

Is it your intent to include as little fact as possible in each of your posts?

It would take about 5 seconds of your time to find the correct title for the vehicle is the Ascari KZ1.
    What the hell? I don't get the problem with his post.. so he left out a K, big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    What the hell? I don't get the problem with his post.. so he left out a K, big deal.
    He seems to consistently post nuggets which invariably turn out to be misguided or just plain wrong, which the tiniest piece of research would show.

The Caparo T1's "problematic" supercharger, for instance.

The real problem is the Caparo doesn't have a supercharger.

Complaining bitterly that a car like the Nissan GT-R is not entirely bespoke, and that it shares components, despite the fact that all cars on sale share components.

I don't mind people having an opinion, but I don't see the point of posting something and hoping that you might be right in what you say.

I don't seem to recall anyone having a problem when people like Prius were getting almost non-stop stick for doing the same.

He seems to consistently post nuggets which invariably turn out to be misguided or just plain wrong, which the tiniest piece of research would show.

The Caparo T1's "problematic" supercharger, for instance.

The real problem is the Caparo doesn't have a supercharger.

Complaining bitterly that a car like the Nissan GT-R is not entirely bespoke, and that it shares components, despite the fact that all cars on sale share components.

I don't mind people having an opinion, but I don't see the point of posting something and hoping that you might be right in what you say.

I don't seem to recall anyone having a problem when people like Prius were getting almost non-stop stick for doing the same.
    again, i apologized for not knowing that they updated the Caparo engine by removing the supercharger. But having the supercharger in the first place was stupid in such a high revving car.

And I do not like the fact that everything in the New skyline was removed from the Infinity G35 except for the Heavy and useless transmission

Other than that i have to ask why are people picking on me.
    Last edited by kigango123; 10-16-2007 at 11:19 AM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Thread Information