Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Formula One Season Official Thread

Alonso just needs to leave F1 if he's throwing a fit everywhere.
    I figured Alonso would be happy given Nelsinho's awful performance so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    I figured Alonso would be happy given Nelsinho's awful performance so far this season.
    Nelson, he doesn't want to be called Junior anymore.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Why would he need to leave? Top line F1 drivers not only dont fear mortality, they also have a single minded egotistical attitude. Alonso simply is one of the more outspoken ones, not helped by the Spanish media who have less experience then the British, Italian or German media in preserving their stars.
    I am the Stig

McLaren won't get the 5th garages in Bahrain like they did in Melbourne and Sepang, but be at the back of the garages, as they should be. I think it is bullshit that they finished last in the standings but get special permission (probably because they are a big, powerful team) to be the 5th garage. What a load of crap. They were banned from the championship, they should have the last garages. Good for the Bahrani GP organisers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    McLaren won't get the 5th garages in Bahrain like they did in Melbourne and Sepang, but be at the back of the garages, as they should be. I think it is bullshit that they finished last in the standings but get special permission (probably because they are a big, powerful team) to be the 5th garage. What a load of crap. They were banned from the championship, they should have the last garages. Good for the Bahrani GP organisers.
    McLaren does have quite a bit more equipment and staff than other teams at the back, but I do agree.

McLaren does have quite a bit more equipment and staff than other teams at the back, but I do agree.
    Yeah they may but you know what? They were caught cheating.

As for the whole were they guilty thing we talked about a while ago, the fact of the matter is, McLaren failed to inform the FIA immediately that it was in possession of Ferrari's technical data, it seems as though it was only after Alonso threatened Dennis did Ron tell the FIA. That is pretty unacceptable.

Did the drivers use the Ferrari data to assist with testing? I seem to remember them discussing some of the detailed Ferrari data in emails.

Does anyone know what the progress of the civil suit is?

Why were they not at the back for first two races? Another fishy F1/FIA decision/ruling/judgement?

I think the FIA thought it better to have all of the "big" teams together and figured the fans would rather it like that.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by ringle View Post
    Why were they not at the back for first two races? Another fishy F1/FIA decision/ruling/judgement?
    It was a result of a deal with Ecclestone. The official explanation was that McLaren would struggle to fit into the smaller garages and smaller paddocks (especially with their huge media center).
    The FIA hadn't opposed this solution, but the rumour has it that Mosley made an unofficial agreement with Dennis that the latter will step down from his position after the 2008 season. However, Dennis has recently changed his mind, which Mosley is not happy with. Since the allocation of pits is decided by FIA (Mosley), not by FOM (Ecclestone), McLaren got demoted to the back of the pitlane.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel View Post
    It was a result of a deal with Ecclestone. The official explanation was that McLaren would struggle to fit into the smaller garages and smaller paddocks (especially with their huge media center).
    The FIA hadn't opposed this solution, but the rumour has it that Mosley made an unofficial agreement with Dennis that the latter will step down from his position after the 2008 season. However, Dennis has recently changed his mind, which Mosley is not happy with. Since the allocation of pits is decided by FIA (Mosley), not by FOM (Ecclestone), McLaren got demoted to the back of the pitlane.
    So just what kind of "fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants" rules do the FIA and F1 go by? Do they simply make the rules up as they go along? This is not the hallmark of a class organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by ringle View Post
    So just what kind of "fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants" rules do the FIA and F1 go by? Do they simply make the rules up as they go along? This is not the hallmark of a class organisation.
    I agree. I think they have made some dumbass, and beyond that, unprofessional decisions in the past.

I hope Max gets booted for his private life even though he shouldn't.

"making up rules"

Well the F1 teams agreed many years ago to run a COncorde Agreement which by definition is olways goign to be a flexible structure.

OVER powering rules would destroy the formula. By definition with a rule for everything then in fact it woudl only be possible to build one car, run one team that could comply NOT good for the health of F1. It's MEANT to be leading-edge

Without flexibility any system is doomed.

HOWVER, thanks to Bernies political shenanigans over the last 25 years there are more political loopholes than most !!

Still not got as bad as George whats-his-name and the Indy series/circuit !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Is this the end of the line for Super Aguri F1? A twenty car field for the Spanish GP.

It's possible that Heidfeld could be ousted soon and replaced with another "German star".
    Rosberg is bound in a contract with Williams, so that points to...Nico Hulkenberg...

I don't know if BMW would want to have no German drivers in the team due to marketing reasons.

It's possible that Heidfeld could be ousted soon and replaced with another "German star".
    Rosberg is bound in a contract with Williams, so that points to...Nico Hulkenberg...
    Why is quick Nick getting ousted? Is th is another of one of the many outrageous rumors that F1 generates every season? It feels to me like it is.

Thread Information