Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

I really hope Raikonnen does well. For a driver of his calibre, it's shocking how badly his been doing for the last few races. He does well in practice but when it comes down to the actual race, he's just been completely off the ball. I mean if he does put his head down and focus, well... We all know that Raikonnen is COMPLETELY unstoppable when he's properly on the pace. In fact, I know i'll get criticized for this, but i think that when Raikonnen is really on top of his game, he makes Hamilton look like a total amateur. Anyway, I'm going home from school for the weekend tomorrow so i'll be watching all the events of the race closely on sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxin View Post
    I really hope Raikonnen does well. For a driver of his calibre, it's shocking how badly his been doing for the last few races. He does well in practice but when it comes down to the actual race, he's just been completely off the ball. I mean if he does put his head down and focus, well... We all know that Raikonnen is COMPLETELY unstoppable when he's properly on the pace. In fact, I know i'll get criticized for this, but i think that when Raikonnen is really on top of his game, he makes Hamilton look like a total amateur. Anyway, I'm going home from school for the weekend tomorrow so i'll be watching all the events of the race closely on sunday.
    actually, he doesn't do well in practice at all, at least in the last races.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    just an hour ago here (Padua, 200km from Monza) it rained so hard it was difficult to drive at low speed...he would probably have retired from F1
    The FIA might ban rainy races if Belgium was anything to go by so the reds arent at a disadvantage.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I don't know... It will be hell in Italy this week...

Ferrari was disappointed due to Raikkonen's crash...

McLaren was downed due to the penalty of Hamilton giving Massa the win in Belgium...

So, t's going to be exciting

Rain will pull excitement, and entertainment I should think. It'll be interesting how Kimi's preforms and if Hamilton can pull the win, I think he can but it won't be easy. He needs it after last week.But I don't know Monza hasn't pulled much out before, I think it'll be an intriguing race..
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    The FIA might ban rainy races if Belgium was anything to go by so the reds arent at a disadvantage.
    what do you mean?

Ferrari used to win a lot of races in the rain. They have some problems with low temperatures this years (so rain and dry tires aren't a good call for them), or at least this is what they like we think.

what do you mean?

Ferrari used to win a lot of races in the rain. They have some problems with low temperatures this years (so rain and dry tires aren't a good call for them), or at least this is what they like we think.
    Massa is terrible in the wet, and Raikko has been let down on numerous occassions by reliability issues.

what do you mean?

Felipe will always be haunted by his 1.056*10^7 spins at silverstone, and kimi just doesnt have the raw pace it seems.
    I was also being sarcastic
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Felipe will always be haunted by his 1.056*10^7 spins at silverstone, and kimi just doesnt have the raw pace it seems.
    I was also being sarcastic
    gotcha

regarding Massa, I think he is a little easy (too much) on the throttle when the track isn't in perfect conditions because it was heavily criticized at the beginning of the season when he used to spin at almost every corner because of the absence of the TC...yeah, right...stop using the right pedal as a button!

Whats happening with Raikkonen and Hamilton? Im only watching live timing. Anybody watching the quali?
    Nulla tenaci invia est via

Quote Originally Posted by Knuto View Post
    Whats happening with Raikkonen and Hamilton? Im only watching live timing. Anybody watching the quali?
    They made a BIG mistake regarding the weather. Both went out early in the session and gambled on intermediate tyres, thinking the rain was going to ease. However, it didn't and the rain just got worse. Most other drivers were out on full wets and set decent times, but by the time Hamilton and Raikkonen had come in and changed to full wets the weather had worsened significantly and there was just no grip at all. Great news for Massa though as he is the only one of the title contenders in the final shoot out.

The conditions are appalling. If this was race conditions the safety car would probably be out, as cars have been spinning off left right and centre.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    They made a BIG mistake regarding the weather. Both went out early in the session and gambled on intermediate tyres, thinking the rain was going to ease. However, it didn't and the rain just got worse. Most other drivers were out on full wets and set decent times, but by the time Hamilton and Raikkonen had come in and changed to full wets the weather had worsened significantly and there was just no grip at all. Great news for Massa though as he is the only one of the title contenders in the final shoot out.

The conditions are appalling. If this was race conditions the safety car would probably be out, as cars have been spinning off left right and centre.
    OK, thanks for clearing that up. It will surely be an interesting start tomorrow with Raikkonen 14th and Hamilton 15th.

Wow, Hami and Kimi out of Q2

Quote Originally Posted by Knuto View Post
    OK, thanks for clearing that up. It will surely be an interesting start tomorrow with Raikkonen 14th and Hamilton 15th.
    Certainly will. Vettel is looking good for pole position at the moment!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Certainly will. Vettel is looking good for pole position at the moment!
    Vettel in pole position. Cant wait for tomorrows race. Go Toro Rosso!

Thread Information