Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

The FIA has announced the weights of the various cars after the qualifying in Australia and it is interesting to see that the top 10 have not really gambled much on fuel. Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello weighed in at 664kg and 666kg, while Sebastian Vettel's Red Bull was carrying 657kg and Robert Kubica's BMW has 650kg. Nico Rosberg's Williams had 657kg and Felipe Massa's Ferrari was at 654kg and Kimi Raikkonen at 655kg. Mark Webber was heavier at 662. The two Toyotas, which must start from the back, weighed in at 670 (Glock) and 655 (Trulli).

The rest of the field had rather bigger loads with Nick Heidfeld at 691, Fernando Alonso at 680, Heikki Kovalainen (690), Nelson Piquet (694) and Giancarlo Fisichella (689). Kazuki Nakajima was much lighter at 612kg, the Williams team hoping for an early Safety Car to help him make up the poor qualifying position. Lewis Hamilton weighed in at 655 with Sebastien Buemi at 675, Adrian Sutil at 684 and Sebastien Bourdais at 662.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    What? You don't miss James Allen???
    We did not get the ITV coverage here in the Netherlands. The Dutch commentator is not very insightful, so this was a massive improvement.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

What? You don't miss James Allen???
    we never had that privilege....Belgian TV (without any commercial breaks), Dutch TV (with commercial breaks) served us well during the interbellum after Murray Walker....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

here we go again, this fully supports my "decision" not to watch F1 any more.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    here we go again, this fully supports my "decision" not to watch F1 any more.
    Yes, it seems Drama Queen central 2008 has resumed.

It's nice seeing two almost sponsorless cars in the front row.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

'Ouch! The guys on UCP have noticed!'

They will romp away in the race if the qualifying pace is any indication....they are heavier and at any point they look like they have speed to spare....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

if those guys are going to win a race in the first two or even perform well, and then FIa bans their diffusers...that would suck.
    If really their designs are based on not clear enough rules, than they shouldn't change them, at least for this year. If they are proved to be cheating, sink'em.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

A part of my optimism and hope for McLaren sank with Kovi at 14th and now Hamilton at 20th, but that is what they warrant for slaking in the off-season.

My pick is one of the Brawn cars for the win. They really deserve it coming from such as sketchy winter. That is, they deserve the win assuming that nothing is "illegal" with their cars.

EDIT: Hamilton is not 20th but 18th with both Toyota's sent to the back.
    Last edited by LTSmash; 03-28-2009 at 01:36 PM.

I hope that the Brawn boys do well tomorrow, but, as is my tradition, I will be rooting for Webber in Australia.
    I hope Brawn doesn't dominate, though both Jens and Rubens certainly deserve it, I'd love to see them cutting through the field. Maybe with the rather weird tire situation, the results will get even more mixed uo.
    Disappointing run by my man Heikki, but I think McLaren will rise up a little bit.
    I'm digging the BBC and the post-rule change craziness.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I hope Button goes off in T1...can't stand the overrated twit.

Sucks that Brawn is saddled with him.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    if those guys are going to win a race in the first two or even perform well, and then FIa bans their diffusers...that would suck.
    If really their designs are based on not clear enough rules, than they shouldn't change them, at least for this year. If they are proved to be cheating, sink'em.
    I'm kind of torn on this situation. While Brawn deserves to use these diffusers since it is legal, I hope they don't end up walking all over the field this season a la Ferrari of the early 2000's. I'm all for close racing but you can't punish Brawn, Williams, and Toyota for ingenuity. I guess the other teams better get such a diffuser in the works come Europe.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I'm kind of torn on this situation. While Brawn deserves to use these diffusers since it is legal, I hope they don't end up walking all over the field this season a la Ferrari of the early 2000's. I'm all for close racing but you can't punish Brawn, Williams, and Toyota for ingenuity. I guess the other teams better get such a diffuser in the works come Europe.
    Either that or they amend the rules and force the supa' diffusa' teams to use diffusers more in line with the spirit of the rules. I hope however that they don't strip these teams of points as that'd be goofy.

Thread Information