Thread: Spyker Companies Declared Bankrupt

Spyker Companies Declared Bankrupt

The end of the road for Spyker?

Quote Originally Posted by Press Release
    Zeewolde, the Netherlands, 18 December 2014. Today the District Court of Midden-Nederland, at the request of the administrator, converted the moratorium of payment, granted to Spyker N.V. and its wholly owned subsidiaries Spyker Automobielen B.V. and Spyker Events & Branding B.V. (collectively “Spyker” or the “Company”) on December 2nd, last, to bankruptcy. The cause for this conversion was that the committed bridge funding did unfortunately not reach the company in time. The administrator will continue his work but now as receiver.

Victor R. Muller, Founder and Chief Executive Officer said: “None of the ambitions we had when we founded Spyker 15 years ago, has vanished as a result of today’s events. In 2000 we set out to establish a super sports car business from scratch with a global distribution and we achieved that. Over the years we undertook some daring ventures that left their marks on the company which in turn contributed to today’s demise.

However, I would like to make clear that as far as I am concerned “this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning” to quote Winston Churchill. I will relentlessly endeavour to resurrect Spyker as soon as practically possible and, assuming we will be successful, pursue our goal to merge with a high performance electric aircraft manufacturer and develop revolutionary electric Spykers with disruptive sustainable technology.

This is the moment to express my gratitude to our customers, dealers, suppliers and of course our employees and Board. Their loyalty and support was vital to build the brand over the past decade and a half. They can count on us continuing to live by the Spyker axiom “Nulla Tenaci Invia est Via” (Latin for “For the tenacious no road is impassible”).”
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Pretty much were already, didn't seem like they introduced anything new in years and their highest yearly sale was 94 cars almost 10 yrs ago

Indeed. This is just confirmation of the actual end...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Though, they brought a much more complete product to market than all the other nuts who started "supercar" companies during the '00s, the end was never far out of sight.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Indeed, a relatively good run and some cool looking cars and interiors, but they have been dead for a while now.

Kinda like ZombSaab.

It's awesome that said nuts still get coverage from blogs by starting a website, showing some renders, and giving a press release. 1050 hp from a turbosuperhybridcharged smallblock and build quality to rival British Leyland! This will car will definitely happen!!!one11

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Kinda like ZombSaab.
    They owned it, so maybe there's a trend...

Should we add Spyker to the UCP Automotive Group Inc.? We currently only have Saab, although Mahindra seems they want it...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    ...they brought a much more complete product to market than all the other nuts who started "supercar" companies during the '00s...
    Alongside with Pagani and Koenigsegg, Spyker may have been the only boutique-type sports car manufacturer to have gained respect for putting out a quality product in the last 15 years. Other than Saleen maybe, but then again Saleen was a car tuner for years already and the S7's qualities as a road car are debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    It's awesome that said nuts still get coverage from blogs by starting a website, showing some renders, and giving a press release. 1050 hp from a turbosuperhybridcharged smallblock and build quality to rival British Leyland! This will car will definitely happen!!!one11
    What I find ridiculous about those *cough*scammers*cough* sorry I meant car manufacturers is that their cars are incredibly simple to concretise (tubular frames and SBCs, not exactly the most expensive technology out there), yet they never do it.

EDIT: well damn it, strikethrough doesn't work.

Thread Information