Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari threaten to quit F1

Ferrari threaten to quit F1

From www.itv-f1.com

FERRARI MAKE F1 QUIT THREAT
    Last Updated: Monday, 13, September, 2004, 13:26
    Click to enlarge

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has warned the world champions could quit F1 unless they are given a bigger share of the sport’s revenues.

Montezemolo is furious that Bernie Ecclestone still pockets more money from the sport than the rest of the teams combined.

The Italian said that, even though shares in F1’s commercial rights have changed hands repeatedly over the past few years, the teams are no closer to receiving any more money.

He told autosport.com: "I think that a certain era of F1 is finished. We have to look at something new and it is totally impossible, and unacceptable, that the business has been sold three times in three years and without any advantage for the players.

"The teams get only 47 per cent of the television rights, which is less than 50 per cent, and zero from advertising, ticket revenues and hospitality. This is not possible any more and it means unfortunately that someone has gone too far.

"I am worried that some teams cannot survive for money reasons. Ferrari is a small company and we have to think very carefully for the future.

"It is not possible to survive even for teams like Ferrari with this unacceptable low level of revenues.

“We have to try and give the maximum support to change the situation with the other car manufacturers."

This is not a new concern – many of the carmakers involved in F1 formed the GPWC, a breakaway championship, several years ago in a bid to force Ecclestone’s hand.

But while things have gone quiet in recent months, Montezemolo’s outburst proves that the manufacturers are as determined as ever to get their way.

The costs of competing in F1 have risen dramatically even since the formation of the GPWC.

Montezemolo believes that Ecclestone must act immediately because teams cannot afford to wait until the current Concorde Agreement expires at the end of 2007.

He said: "I think that in life if somebody doesn't think of the future, and only to put money in their pockets today, we take a big risk for the future because I don't think F1 can survive in these conditions.

"Thank God at the end of 2007 we have something, but we still have three years in front of us and everything must change. We will see.

“Now is the time to try and find a solution and, if not, then everybody starting with Ferrari will think what we will do. The level of the revenue for the teams is unacceptable and ridiculous."
    Thanks for all the fish

yay no more ferrari hogging 1st place
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

he he . we all know Bernie is gonna give them more .. there will be no F1 without Ferrari
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

ppffrrtt take out mclaren and BAR and BMW then itll be nothing not to mention the other teams itll be a blind mans F1 soothing sound effects lol could do better my self vrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooommmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Last edited by CoTTerik; 09-14-2004 at 11:17 AM.

hahahaha lol

The teams get only 47 per cent of the television rights, which is less than 50 per cent,
    They sure know how to add and substract

Seriously now, I don't want Ferrari to leave Formula 1.

they wont leave, they just want money... what a load of arseholes...
    UCP's Biggest Mercedes Benz Fan! - Umer Sharif

Owner Of UCP's Best Avatar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benz_Boy_1
    they wont leave, they just want money... what a load of arseholes...
    erm, NO !!

All the teams have discussed this issue with Ecclestone for years.

it was the lack of funds goind to the teams ( and the huge profits going to Bernie ) that led to the formation of the GPWC.

Frankly, I dont' see a problem, they should run a seperate race series and let F1 die and Bernie's hopes of world domination with it
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i think that even without Ferrari other teams like Bmw,BAR & Mclaren will still come second. im only kidding. F1 will never be the same without ferrari or schumacher.

Hmm.. I smell Ferrari realising that they have spent too much money in becoming champions. This is not a new issue, as the formation of the GWPC proves, but do you think that if Eddie Jordan complined anyone would pay attention?
    F1 is a prostitute of a 'Sport' in my opinion, and Bernie is the big daddy pimp.

Let Ferrari quit and try their hand at WRC.. now that would be interesting

Fingers crossed What next from the moaning little scumbags?! But I want to have an incar coffee machine complusary in every car! *Bernie cocks his leg .. *kerrrsmack!* .... Fingers crossed even more!!!!

Just as a reminder that this is old news - that F1 teams can't afford to live on sponsorship alone and need the gate and loin's share of TV money that bernie pockets .....

http://motoring.iafrica.com/formulaone/324536.htm
    Mosley warning back in May abotu rising costs and quoting Ferrari as an "even they" example eg one of the best funded teams going !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Ciscoheat
    Hmm.. I smell Ferrari realising that they have spent too much money in becoming champions. This is not a new issue, as the formation of the GWPC proves, but do you think that if Eddie Jordan complined anyone would pay attention?
    F1 is a prostitute of a 'Sport' in my opinion, and Bernie is the big daddy pimp.

Let Ferrari quit and try their hand at WRC.. now that would be interesting
    ferrari in WRC? what car would they use?
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Thread Information