Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > User's rides


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 06-23-2006, 11:50 AM
spi-ti-tout's Avatar
spi-ti-tout spi-ti-tout is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,501
Location: land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
Send a message via MSN to spi-ti-tout Send a message via Yahoo to spi-ti-tout
Quote:
Originally Posted by McReis
And you're trying to spoil my effort.
Some of us are just the right people
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 06-24-2006, 05:50 AM
Ferg's Avatar
Ferg Ferg is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 47
If I was in the market for a 3-Series sized car I'd rather buy the Alfa and lose money than the BMW and lose self-respect.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 06-24-2006, 06:53 AM
IWantAnAudiRS6's Avatar
IWantAnAudiRS6 IWantAnAudiRS6 is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg
If I was in the market for a 3-Series sized car I'd rather buy the Alfa and lose money than the BMW and lose self-respect.
Haha, that's the true petrolhead talking!

An interesting sidenote, did you know that BMWs in Britain are now losing money hand over fist? A BMW 318i that's had a couple of options (21,000 new, thereabouts) will be worth 14,000 after one year...

And the BMW 760Li, as Ferrer correctly stated, is one of the worst-depreciating cars in Britain.

To be honest I'd rather take a more stylish, individual Alfa Romeo that's already lost a tonne of money (and may make it back as a classic) than a Beemer that WILL lose a tonne of money, and is seen everywhere.

The BMW 3-Series - Like bottoms, every arsehole's got one.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 06-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Suka's Avatar
Suka Suka is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,214
Sible Hedingham, Essex, United Kingdom
Send a message via MSN to Suka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg
If I was in the market for a 3-Series sized car I'd rather buy the Alfa and lose money than the BMW and lose self-respect.
Quality.


Didn't your Father-in-Law own a 3-Series BMW?
__________________
Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 06-26-2006, 04:34 PM
IWantAnAudiRS6's Avatar
IWantAnAudiRS6 IWantAnAudiRS6 is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,072
AWOOOGA!!!

The Chevy is gone... replaced by a Corsa 1.2 Twinport.

I'm personally a great fan of this car, I don't want the Civic back for a while...
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 06-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,277
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
AWOOOGA!!!

The Chevy is gone... replaced by a Corsa 1.2 Twinport.
Have you really imporved or actually gone worse...?
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 06-27-2006, 04:45 AM
IWantAnAudiRS6's Avatar
IWantAnAudiRS6 IWantAnAudiRS6 is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer
Have you really imporved or actually gone worse...?
I think it's a much bigger step up.

Strange how different two cars can be that are made by the same parent company. The car with the older design and supposedly lesser brand values is actually a much better car than the one that's been developed but a couple of years ago and sold to be a 'better' car...
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 06-27-2006, 05:46 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,277
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
I think it's a much bigger step up.

Strange how different two cars can be that are made by the same parent company. The car with the older design and supposedly lesser brand values is actually a much better car than the one that's been developed but a couple of years ago and sold to be a 'better' car...
Well I'm sure you can do better than a Vauxhall Corsa... And the Chevrolet, well bear in mind it's a Daewoo, 'nuff said...
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 06-27-2006, 08:10 AM
IWantAnAudiRS6's Avatar
IWantAnAudiRS6 IWantAnAudiRS6 is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer
Well I'm sure you can do better than a Vauxhall Corsa... And the Chevrolet, well bear in mind it's a Daewoo, 'nuff said...
I just like the Corsa!

And yeah, it's odd! It looks like a Daewoo... drives like a Daewoo, even smells like a Daewoo... but it's a Chevy.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,277
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
I just like the Corsa!
I quite like the exterior styling, but the interior... oh my god! There are much better superminis out there...
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:09 AM
IWantAnAudiRS6's Avatar
IWantAnAudiRS6 IWantAnAudiRS6 is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer
I quite like the exterior styling, but the interior... oh my god! There are much better superminis out there...
Yeah, well, the courtesy car folks don't have anything else (apart from crappy Chevvies...)

Otherwise, I'd be happy with a... hmm. I don't know.

Still the Corsa that sticks near the top...
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,277
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
Yeah, well, the courtesy car folks don't have anything else (apart from crappy Chevvies...)

Otherwise, I'd be happy with a... hmm. I don't know.

Still the Corsa that sticks near the top...
I lend you some help, you can choose between the following:

Fiat Grande Punto, Renault Clio, Suzuki Swift or Toyota Yaris.

__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:19 AM
IWantAnAudiRS6's Avatar
IWantAnAudiRS6 IWantAnAudiRS6 is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer
I lend you some help, you can choose between the following:

Fiat Grande Punto, Renault Clio, Suzuki Swift or Toyota Yaris.

I'd honestly take the Corsa. Seriously.

Unless the offer for a Clio 182 instead of a 1.4 Twinport was on the table...
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,277
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
I'd honestly take the Corsa. Seriously.

Unless the offer for a Clio 182 instead of a 1.4 Twinport was on the table...
Well the Clio V6 is technically a Clio... That first for me then. And if I want to be sensible, a Grande Punto, looks like Maserati, doesn't go like one...
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:25 AM
IWantAnAudiRS6's Avatar
IWantAnAudiRS6 IWantAnAudiRS6 is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer
Well the Clio V6 is technically a Clio... That first for me then. And if I want to be sensible, a Grande Punto, looks like Maserati, doesn't go like one...
Until the new Multijet technology arises... 150bhp from a 1.4 naturally aspirated, by my calculations a 2.0 would be able to make 220bhp with natural aspiration...?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:31 PM.

 

1998 - 2019 Ultimatecarpage.com