Thread: My review of the Chrysler 300C 5,7 HEMI

My review of the Chrysler 300C 5,7 HEMI

ok, there have been many reviews like these one lately and i had a chance to ride an interesting car so...

our site have been testing 300C HEMI for few days now and i think i've got enough knowledge to write a short review of it

everybody can see how does the car look like - you either like it or not, hard to be neutral about it. i personaly don't find it beatiful but it has something impressive about it and i would like to ride one

interior is... crappy. it looks bad; things don't suit one to another, and the materials are just cheap. the interior lights don't work, same as the clock and trunk opener (you need to open it manually from inside)

i really hope it's only matter of that one car

even though i didn't like the interior, i forgot about it really fast because of the engine - i have to admit i adore that engine, the power in blend with that power is marvellous. the car itself fortunately isn't overpowered and there aren't any problems with controlling it, even on big speeds (we achieved top speed of it). the only thing i can say i didn't really like were the brakes, it's hard to feel them, although on smaller speeds there tend to be too hard. everybody knows what suspension american cars do have, this one is the same

i can say two bad things about the engine - big fuel consumption as for our standarts 15-20 l/100km and that it is soo big that it's hard to maneuvre with such a big block in front of you

to sum up - i don't like sitting in it, but riding is really exciting and if anybody would like to buy that car, don't ever choose the less powerful version

everybody knows perfectly how does the car look like so i won't be uploading any pics, if someone is really interested i'll post a link to the gallery tomorrow

interesting films will be included later as well
    Last edited by dydzi; 03-06-2006 at 11:20 AM.
    12 cylinders or walk!

my friend has one its really nice i think. good features good looks good power. its just about as fast as my mustang but a little bit slower. i think its comfy to sit in but its a little weird feeling to drive. i dont know what it is...i dunno tho its not a big deal. its a nice car but i dont think i would ever own any of the chrysler hemis unless it was an srt8
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    my friend has one its really nice i think. good features good looks good power. its just about as fast as my mustang but a little bit slower. i think its comfy to sit in but its a little weird feeling to drive. i dont know what it is...i dunno tho its not a big deal. its a nice car but i dont think i would ever own any of the chrysler hemis unless it was an srt8
    maybe it's because the size of it

and SRT8 is not availible over here
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    i can say two bad things about the engine - big fuel consumption as for our standarts 15-20 l/100km and that it is soo big that it's hard to maneuvre with such a big block in front of you
    Are you saying the engine is physically big? Because its really not...

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/HEMI/hemimain.html

ok, there have been many reviews like these one lately and i had a chance to ride an interesting car so...

our site have been testing 300C HEMI for few days now and i think i've got enough knowledge to write a short review of it

everybody can see how does the car look like - you either like it or not, hard to be neutral about it. i personaly don't find it beatiful but it has something impressive about it and i would like to ride one

interior is... crappy. it looks bad; things don't suit one to another, and the materials are just cheap. the interior lights don't work, same as the clock and trunk opener (you need to open it manually from inside)

i really hope it's only matter of that one car

even though i didn't like the interior, i forgot about it really fast because of the engine - i have to admit i adore that engine, the power in blend with that power is marvellous. the car itself fortunately isn't overpowered and there aren't any problems with controlling it, even on big speeds (we achieved top speed of it). the only thing i can say i didn't really like were the brakes, it's hard to feel them, although on smaller speeds there tend to be too hard. everybody knows what suspension american cars do have, this one is the same

to sum up - i don't like sitting in it, but riding is really exciting and if anybody would like to buy that car, don't ever choose the less powerful version

everybody knows perfectly how does the car look like so i won't be uploading any pics, if someone is really interested i'll post a link to the gallery tomorrow

interesting films will be included later as well
    Did you have any problems with the Auto lights at all?

The best thing about this car might be it's Mercedes roots. And the donk.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Are you saying the engine is physically big? Because its really not...

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/HEMI/hemimain.html

even if engine itself isn't that big, then all the fron part of the car is big, compared to other cars, even from the same class

and it's not only my opinion it's hard to drive at small speeds and, for example, park between two cars, first thing that comes to your mind when you're driving it for the first time is - what a long hood it is
    12 cylinders or walk!

even if engine itself isn't that big, then all the fron part of the car is big, compared to other cars, even from the same class

and it's not only my opinion it's hard to drive at small speeds and, for example, park between two cars, first thing that comes to your mind when you're driving it for the first time is - what a long hood it is
    Ill give you that, Ive never driven one, but have only heard good things. You have to keep in mind this is a full size sedan, not really made in mind for small European roads.

B]Chrysler 300C [/B]Concept Preliminary Specifications
    Basic Dimensions:
    Wheelbase: 120.0 inches (3,048 mm)
    Overall length: 196.8 inches (4,999 mm)
    Overall width: 74.0 inches (1,880 mm)
    Overall height: 58.4 inches (1,483 mm)
    Front overhang: 34.3 inches (871 mm)
    Rear overhang: 42.5 inches (1,080 mm)
    Front track: 63.0 inches (1,600 mm)
    Rear track: 63.0 inches (1,600 mm)
    Estimated weight: 4,000 lbs. (1,808 kg)

2006 BMW 7-Series: Specs & Safety

Vehicle Dimensions
    4-door sedan 4-door sedan
    Wheelbase, in. 117.7 123.2
    Overall Length, in. 198.4 203.9
    Overall Width, in. 74.9 74.9
    Overall Height, in. 58.7 58.4
    Curb Weight, lbs. 4486 4552
    Cargo Volume, cu. ft. 18.0 18.0
    Standard Payload, lbs. -- --
    Fuel Capacity, gals. 23.3 23.3
    Seating Capacity 5 5
    Front Head Room, in. 39.2 39.2
    Max. Front Leg Room, in. 41.3 41.3
    Rear Head Room, in. 38.5 38.5
    Max. Rear Leg Room, in. 37.2 43.4
    Specifications Key: NA = not available; "--" = measurement does not exist.

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class: Specs & Safety
    Vehicle Dimensions
    4-door sedan 4-door wagon
    Wheelbase, in. 112.4 112.4
    Overall Length, in. 189.7 190.9
    Overall Width, in. 71.3 71.7
    Overall Height, in. 57.0 58.3
    Curb Weight, lbs. 3703 3990
    Cargo Volume, cu. ft. 15.9 68.9
    Standard Payload, lbs. -- --
    Fuel Capacity, gals. 21.1 21.1
    Seating Capacity 5 7
    Front Head Room, in. 39.1 39.6
    Max. Front Leg Room, in. 41.9 41.9
    Rear Head Room, in. 37.8 39.3
    Max. Rear Leg Room, in. 35.6 36.0
    Specifications Key: NA = not available; "--" = measurement does not exist.

Over exaggeration, I never hear any complaining about the size of full sized Euro-saloons on Europeans roads, like the S-class. Even though the 300 looks qiut blukky appereance.

yeah the 300 looks bigger than it really is
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    i've seen a few of them here already and i have to say that the 300C looks very manly especially in black... i love it.

On my way home from swimming today, i saw a silver 300C and it had a number plate that says "4 Chics"... WTF?!

by the way, i dont think the 300C was designed to be a race car, so dont expect it to behave like one. Not every car is designed to be powerful and great to drive... IMO, the 300C a city car for business people.. basically...
    Last edited by r1ckst4; 03-08-2006 at 02:08 AM.
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

4 chics in the car with him maybe
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information