Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Celebrity Garages

Great Celebrity Garages

Yes, I am this bored. If it came down to either browsing famous peoples' garage photos or studying for both a pathobiology test and a calculus 2 test, you'd do the same.

So what have you guys got? I'm sure since I can only list great American collectors off the top of my head, some European members will come to the rescue here.

Jerry Seinfeld is rumored to have one of the best Porsche collections in existence (959, very first and very last 911 produced etc) but I can't seem to find any pictures...odd.

Jay Leno

Ralph Lauren

Don Wallace
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post

Jerry Seinfeld is rumored to have one of the best Porsche collections in existence (959, very first and very last 911 produced etc) but I can't seem to find any pictures...odd.
    he has one of the only 959's in the US. lucky guy but its not street legal. it will be after 25 years though.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

I haven't seen any photos of Aaron Kwok's car collection, but he supposedly owns a whole bunch.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Kwok]Aaron Kwok - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I know for sure he owns a Pagani Zonda one of only a few in Hong Kong.

Ralph Lauren's collection is to me by far the most desirable.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

And then of course there's the Sultan of Brunei and his family.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I have always felt Ralph Lauren's collection was more about quality than quantity and as such I've always admired his collection greatly. However I will not deny that Don Wallace seems to have a nice gathering of recent history super cars.

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    he has one of the only 959's in the US. lucky guy but its not street legal. it will be after 25 years though.
    They can be driven for "display" though mileage is limited. The owner of Pelican Parts (a Californian) motored his all around Monterey last year, and was part of our group that drove down Carmel Valley Road to a vinyard.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

That's handy.. 'No officer, I wasn't driving to the shops.. I'm going to display it in the carpark for five minutes while I get some milk...'
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post

Last I heard the the Sultan had approximately 155 Rolls Royces in his garage...not to mention the custom one-offs.

Now that is desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I haven't seen any photos of Aaron Kwok's car collection, but he supposedly owns a whole bunch.

Aaron Kwok - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know for sure he owns a Pagani Zonda one of only a few in Hong Kong.
    Actually HK is the largest market for Pagani, 1/5 of all Zondas are there as of now. There is also a car (the one which was crashed a while ago) which is identical to Knok's, only the interior is slightly different (alcantara instead of leather on the dashboard) but otherwise you couldn't spot any other difference.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Ralph Lauren's collection is to me by far the most desirable.
    Quote Originally Posted by VOGUE_MAN View Post
    I have always felt Ralph Lauren's collection was more about quality than quantity and as such I've always admired his collection greatly. However I will not deny that Don Wallace seems to have a nice gathering of recent history super cars.
    I agree, his immaculate taste definitely carries over into his automobiles. But then again, it's Ralph Lauren, what did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    He definitely has a large collection. I'd sell off 99% of it if I somehow acquired it though. Some of that stuff is just straight tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by aiasib View Post
    Last I heard the the Sultan had approximately 155 Rolls Royces in his garage...not to mention the custom one-offs.

Now that is desirable.
    According to Wikipedia (as we all know, the definitive source for true information) it's 500. What a terrible investment.

What about Nick Mason, does he have anything of note besides the 250 GTO (as if that isn't enough, what, being the most beautiful production car ever made and all)?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Actually HK is the largest market for Pagani, 1/5 of all Zondas are there as of now. There is also a car (the one which was crashed a while ago) which is identical to Knok's, only the interior is slightly different (alcantara instead of leather on the dashboard) but otherwise you couldn't spot any other difference.
    I didn't know that. That's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    What about Nick Mason, does he have anything of note besides the 250 GTO (as if that isn't enough, what, being the most beautiful production car ever made and all)?
    Whether he still owns it i'm not privvy to but he leant his Ferrari F60 to Top Gear for the day so they could do a piece on it.

these people must hire a manager for their garages yes?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Honestly I'm not sure I'd want to be privileged with owning so many cars. Too much of even a good thing like cars still seems like a bad thing. I like the idea of having one or two cars and a bike that really mean something to me. It would be easier to appreciate them. Unless I'm the owner of a legitimate car museum as some type of business venture, buying these things out of sheer boredom and too much money wouldn't be my cup of tea. I'm sure many would argue otherwise. That's just my view.

Thread Information