Thread: Cat Delete?

Cat Delete?

I have a 2006 350Z and the only mods I've done so far are a CAI and plenum spacer as well as michelin ps2's all around. The car handles like a go kart but could use more power (boxter s pulls harder) so I've been thinking that a cheap and easy way to get an extra 10-20hp would be to do a cat delete and go with test pipes. I live in Florida so I don't need to worry about emissions inspections and I don't think the sound and rasp associated with test pipes would bother me too much. I've been sitting on the fence with this decision for a while, part of me thinks that to do a cat delete I should do an aftermarket exhaust as well since the stock exhaust probably isn't designed for the extra air flow and heat. What do you guys think?

(my friend did a cat delete on his 996 Porsche C4S and while it sounded great and was crazy fast, the baffles on the porsche sport exhaust that muffle the exhaust sound kept failing due to the extra heat and pressure. I think he wound up replacing his mufflers 5 or 6 times, but idk if that would happen to my car since the Z has no baffles)
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

As long as you don't mind givingother nature the middle finger, cat delete is pretty easy. You may have to look into an O2 sensor override as you will likely through a code by taking it out. Gains of 10/15 hp is pretty optimistic IMO if you are not going to be changing the tune. Try 350z forums for more precise answers as they will have the most experience in the modifying of a specific engine.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Those engines are hard to make more power than they already do w/o forced induction, no simple bolt ons....
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

haha. a cat delete? never heard it called that before? is it like you hit the delete button on the computer and it just goes away haha! yeah well i took the cat off my 85 seville when i added the cherry bomb but it didn't give it any more power.

Quote Originally Posted by jump15vc View Post
    I have a 2006 350Z and the only mods I've done so far are a CAI and plenum spacer as well as michelin ps2's all around. The car handles like a go kart
    skeptical
    i don't think you'll get much benefit. maybe do a high flow cat. they really don't seem to slow down flow very much on modern cars.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I highly doubt it handles like a go kart.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

^^^ Yea so do i. Handle like a go kart, realy.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

I guess "handling like a go kart" is a bit of a stretch. But the Michelins do make a huge difference over the stock Bridgestones
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Thread Information