Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not everyday you see one of these on eBay

Not everyday you see one of these on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FERRA...QQcmdZViewItem
    and all yours for only alittle more than $47,000!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Last edited by "Clevor" Angel; 11-01-2005 at 07:43 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

I find it funny, though, because all of these 'OMG rare cars on eBay!' come up often.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

$225,000.00 For a Yenko, wow! As much as I love Yenko cars, I'd rather get an F430 for that kinda money.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Man, what a beater Camaro

The gearbox going for 47 grand is a LOT! Then again considering the whole car costs millions that is probably about right. I just wonder what they want for the steering wheel?

I'd still take the Yenko over the F430, because it's more rare... and then I'd sell it on eBay and buy a used 575 Maranello like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferra...spagenameZWDVW

OR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...spagenameZWDVW

Wow. CLK-GTR for $365,100?? Thats pretty cheap, actually. But 198.8 mph? For that money I'd rather get a 575 Superamerica(200 mph, probly around $300,000 or so)

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    $225,000.00 For a Yenko, wow! As much as I love Yenko cars, I'd rather get an F430 for that kinda money.
    No you wouldn't...because once you found out it goes up in value 15%+ every year...you would keep it...not to mention if you ever drove it...that would do you in
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Man, what a beater Camaro
    haha, yeah it might look good from the outside, but I can 100% gaurantee there is bad rust under that vinyl top

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    No you wouldn't...because once you found out it goes up in value 15%+ every year...you would keep it...not to mention if you ever drove it...that would do you in
    Good points werty, but I still think I'd get the F430. If you buy a car as an investment, you're so worried about it's resale value that you end up never driving it. As far as it's performance goes, I had a 69 Camaro with a 427 in high school that my firends and I rebuilt. If I want another screaming 69, I can do it again...for a hell of a lot less. I'll stick with the F430...now where's my checkbook??
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Good points werty, but I still think I'd get the F430. If you buy a car as an investment, you're so worried about it's resale value that you end up never driving it. As far as it's performance goes, I had a 69 Camaro with a 427 in high school that my firends and I rebuilt. If I want another screaming 69, I can do it again...for a hell of a lot less. I'll stick with the F430...now where's my checkbook??
    fair enough....but to set the facts straight for me...i'm not worried about resale value either, if you have enough money for any car like these, I would buy both

I'd get the Yenko, a 12 second camaro right off the bat and the COPO ZL-1's were never beaten on the track turning consistent 11's and running 10's with good drivers and perfect weather.

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    fair enough....but to set the facts straight for me...i'm not worried about resale value either, if you have enough money for any car like these, I would buy both
    Another good point, I'd get both too.

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    I'd get the Yenko, a 12 second camaro right off the bat and the COPO ZL-1's were never beaten on the track turning consistent 11's and running 10's with good drivers and perfect weather.
    I want my car(s) to be able to lap quickly around a road course also, that's the reason I'd go for the Ferrari. 11 and 10 sec 1/4 miles are great fun, but I want a more rounded out performance package.

I would have thought the CLK would still be stuck up at a million. . . . . . . .
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Thread Information