Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BMW F20 (Late 2011-Early 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    ps - the audi 1 is even more deviod of creativity than the new bmw 1
    Disagree.. I think the A1 probably the best looking Audi you can buy. 'Cept maybe the R8. I think that's mostly because it doesn't look like the rest of them.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I really like the original 1 series look, however this does not appeal to me at all. They need to abort this and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Disagree.. I think the A1 probably the best looking Audi you can buy. 'Cept maybe the R8. I think that's mostly because it doesn't look like the rest of them.
    But it does, doesn't it? All Audi's look and feel pretty much the same, which is probably why they are so successful. The one that is a little bit different is the R8, and it even isn't that different...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well, compared to the ones that look exactly the same, it's a breath of fresh air. I saw one parked on the street a couple of weeks ago, it stood out for all the right reasons... though being bright red it would have. It's obviously an Audi from the last 15 years, but at least it's not just an A3 at 75%.

I can give you it looks a bit different, probably bright colors, colored pillars and personalization but it does have this very particular noughties Audi feel.

I was given a ride in a A1 1.4 TFSi when it was presented in Barcelona and this weekend I drove the A2 1.4, and they are two very different cars. The A2 is a clever interpretation of the city, with interesting engineering solutions. The A1 is a conventional Audi.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's not that beatyful, to be honest, but at least they ditched the stupid hanging crase which made it look loke a pregnant pig.
    I'm not sure how this will age... maybe it's just ahead of it's time? I don't know.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I can give you it looks a bit different, probably bright colors, colored pillars and personalization but it does have this very particular noughties Audi feel.

I was given a ride in a A1 1.4 TFSi when it was presented in Barcelona and this weekend I drove the A2 1.4, and they are two very different cars. The A2 is a clever interpretation of the city, with interesting engineering solutions. The A1 is a conventional Audi.
    Don't get me wrong, the A1 is certainly a conventional and Audi-ish Audi, but I reckon it's a more successful styling exercise than this new 1.

Commodore, this will forever look like someone's tried to make a small car that looks crap. The waistline is too high, there's too many creases and the headlights look dumb... they're too far to the sides, it makes it look like it has learning difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Commodore, this will forever look like someone's tried to make a small car that looks crap. The waistline is too high, there's too many creases and the headlights look dumb... they're too far to the sides, it makes it look like it has learning difficulties.
    My brother (who is 15) likes this. His friends too. And his entire class.

Maybe it's just a matter of taste. Everybody seems to hate it, yet the younger people like it (omg... I'm beginning to talk like I was old... ). Time will judge the design, that's for sure.

And I like the high waist line.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Pfft, kids, what do they know...

That looks horrible.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Nice Car..with Cool color...
    toyota place

Quote Originally Posted by sporty car View Post
    Nice Car..with Cool color...
    What is it that you enjoy about it? Please elaborate, as I find most aspects of it rather unsightly.

There's actually a car with one color, then another one with a different color.

Things may be getting advanced.

Probably.

EDIT Who the hell chooses as his user name "sporty car"? That'd be like being a fan of 4x4s and choosing "midly capable off road car" as a user name...
    Last edited by Ferrer; 06-14-2011 at 11:32 PM.
    Visca Catalunya!

The look is growing on me a bit, but i still don't really like it. Inside the new 1 series is better than the old one though, and the fuel economy for the new BMW 1 Series will be better, the new 120d will now do 62.8 mpg (well, BMW say that it will) and the Co2 is down. There will be a 116d EfficientDynamics model will follow with official figures of 74mpg and 99g/km of CO2 good enough to earn it free road tax.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

I thought the 1 series was supposed to be a spiritual successor to the old 2002. This is kind of ugly and pretty expensive. Has anyone on here driven a 1 series? Is it a worthy comparison to the old 2002s? If I remember right from my car magazines, most said it was all right but too expensive.

Thread Information