Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Events


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-10-2007, 07:47 AM
nota's Avatar
nota nota is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,032
Timothy thanks for sharing your terrific pics

You chose a great selection. The one of the '65 Riviera reminds me of my old one, nearly identical. Almost 9 years of bliss (sob)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA) View Post
Pictures #14

1. Ford; unsure of year or model
2. Ford Super Deluxe; unsure of year
1 = Model A Roadster, unsure of year
2 = I think its a '46

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Revo's Avatar
Revo Revo is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,711
Tallinn, Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA) View Post
Pictures #9
....
6. Chevrolet Vega GT; I'd never heard of a GT model of the Vega before, and a brief search didn't turn anything up. Does anyone know more about this model?
Here is a page from 1972 Vega brochure describing GT package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA) View Post
Pictures #16
....
3-6. Hudson Hornet; unsure of year
Hudson is from 1952.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Timothy (in VA)'s Avatar
Timothy (in VA) Timothy (in VA) is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,610
Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by faksta View Post
Think it's a Buick Model 10 Touring - around year 1910, maybe.
Thanks ; I had no idea where to start before. I'm not sure it's a Touring though. I did some research and think it may be a Model 10 Surrey, but I'm not sure. All the pictures of Tourings I could find had doors and a windshield, and the in all the pictures I found of the Surrey, it doesn't, like the one at the show. But I know very little about early Buicks, and good information is hard to find, so I could easily be wrong. My best bet may be to wait until next year's show and hope it's there again.
__________________
UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Last edited by Timothy (in VA); 10-10-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Timothy (in VA)'s Avatar
Timothy (in VA) Timothy (in VA) is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,610
Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo View Post
Here is a page from 1972 Vega brochure describing GT package.


Hudson is from 1952.
Awesome, thanks.
__________________
UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-10-2007, 07:43 PM
johnnynumfiv's Avatar
johnnynumfiv johnnynumfiv is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,068
Connecticut, USA
Send a message via AIM to johnnynumfiv Send a message via MSN to johnnynumfiv
Another note about the vega's, the ones with aluminum blocks, the cylinder walls sank into the block making the engine useless unless rebuilt w/ sleeves. :P
We have a bunch of them at the shop, fun little cars, loud as hell. They also built wagon GT's.
High perfomance versions were made by Motion(we have a couple of those too), guaranteed 10 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

I run vega gt wheels on my race car.

Last edited by johnnynumfiv; 10-10-2007 at 07:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-11-2007, 11:22 AM
faksta's Avatar
faksta faksta is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,546
Moscow, Russia
Send a message via MSN to faksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA) View Post
Thanks ; I had no idea where to start before. I'm not sure it's a Touring though. I did some research and think it may be a Model 10 Surrey, but I'm not sure. All the pictures of Tourings I could find had doors and a windshield, and the in all the pictures I found of the Surrey, it doesn't, like the one at the show. But I know very little about early Buicks, and good information is hard to find, so I could easily be wrong. My best bet may be to wait until next year's show and hope it's there again.
Strange.. I thought that surreys appeared in 1950s... It is something new for me, then.
And.. I think I've seen pics of the following car taken at some event this year somewhere in the net, and think I saved them, but couldn't find them neither in my collection nor in Internet.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-09-2007, 09:11 AM
superblackz superblackz is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA) View Post
Pictures #9

6. Chevrolet Vega GT; I'd never heard of a GT model of the Vega before, and a brief search didn't turn anything up. Does anyone know more about this model?
Great pics. I drove one of these new, from 1973-1976, first "compact" F/R driver I cut my teeth on. Other than the all-Aluminum engine tanking at about 30k miles and replaced with I believe a iron-sleeved model under warranty, it was a decent car for its day. It was a gold-ish color with white GT stripes. It was my father's car, he was heavily into FB SCCA at the time, he more than once said it was one of the better handling US Compact cars he'd driven.

The handling was pretty good, at least in the GT. 6" wide rims with 13" tires made for a pretty solid footprint. I had the one time opportunity to also ride in the Cosworth version of this car, which sported a Cosworth engine transplant, some other features, and came in black with gold trim. That model was pretty quick, something a little lacking in the GT
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-09-2007, 09:14 AM
superblackz superblackz is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
Another note about the vega's, the ones with aluminum blocks, the cylinder walls sank into the block making the engine useless unless rebuilt w/ sleeves. :P
We have a bunch of them at the shop, fun little cars, loud as hell. They also built wagon GT's.
High perfomance versions were made by Motion(we have a couple of those too), guaranteed 10 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

I run vega gt wheels on my race car.
They sure did, our GT lasted 30k on the first engine, I am thinking the replacement was still Aluminum with cylinder wall sleeves. The wheels are light, 13"x6", although the tires it had at the time were downright scary (bias ply even on the GT). Brakes were also scary weak, or maybe I just drove too fast - I was only about 15 at the time out in the middle of nowhere in Oregon, with many miles of open, empty roads.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-13-2009, 11:40 AM
winnieandbuzz winnieandbuzz is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1
I love these classic US cars, too bad we don't have much of a car culture here in Europe...
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-13-2009, 11:45 AM
henk4's Avatar
henk4 henk4 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 27,312
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnieandbuzz View Post
I love these classic US cars, too bad we don't have much of a car culture here in Europe...
welcome.
A brief search on google using "car clubs Holland" resulted in this
http://www.mopar.nl/

They have a meeting schedule for 2009 but not yet specified.

and I haven't checked the other links further.
__________________
"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car brochures ginza Books, magazines, brochures and posters 1001 09-23-2017 05:21 AM
Its that time of year: annual Car of the Year Awards in Australia and NZ motorsportnerd General Automotive 13 09-10-2015 04:13 AM
Gran Turismo 5 Sauc3 Gaming 1020 05-19-2014 03:16 PM
GT4 whole car list!!!! Mustang Gaming 247 07-07-2010 08:06 AM
Favorite James Bond Automobile toyota_trevor Car comparison 103 12-16-2008 06:40 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:32 PM.

 

1998 - 2019 Ultimatecarpage.com