Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cadillac Cien Concept in "The Island" movie

Cadillac Cien Concept in "The Island" movie

just saw the teaser and trailer to the new movie "The Island". The teaser clearly shows the Cien in a couple scenes

Teaser: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/the...international/
    Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/the_island/
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Oooh, looks a bit too complicated for me.

Only messin

what do i have to do to rent a cien for couple of days?

Even after both videos I have no idea what the conflict of the movie is . Goes to show how much thought is being put into the plots of movies these days

However, that car is hot.

Why would GM lend a prototype car to a production studio? They would have have had several dozen lying around and willing to be sacrificed. I know Audi and Lexus made cars for recent films but that is kind of different, the Cien was a concept like 2 or 3 years ago how is it that now its used in a movie as opposed to then?

This movie could have started filming years ago, or they made the deals years ago.
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Are you sure that's the Cien? I mean you can't clearly see it in the trailer. There are only two shots, one with a car with both doors open and one where it's from the side on a highway, maybe. I'm not 100% sure that's a Cien.

The movie is about an island where real human are kept in those chamber and clones are released into the real world. So I guess, a few real humans escape and put a stop to the island. That's what I understood from the teaser.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    Are you sure that's the Cien? I mean you can't clearly see it in the trailer. There are only two shots, one with a car with both doors open and one where it's from the side on a highway, maybe. I'm not 100% sure that's a Cien.

The movie is about an island where real human are kept in those chamber and clones are released into the real world. So I guess, a few real humans escape and put a stop to the island. That's what I understood from the teaser.
    if you watch the Teaser and pause it when you see the car in what looks like a dim dusty room with ruins in the background. i analyzed it pretty close before i posted this. the large side vent just behind the driver door is clear, and the rear license plate section is definite. the rear underside diffuser is visible as well. i'm sure it's the Cien, but as usual for movies, they'll make a few to use for driving, static, damage, etc. it may not be the actual first concept that was premiered.
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Quote Originally Posted by <AAA-MOD>
    if you watch the Teaser and pause it when you see the car in what looks like a dim dusty room with ruins in the background. i analyzed it pretty close before i posted this. the large side vent just behind the driver door is clear, and the rear license plate section is definite. the rear underside diffuser is visible as well. i'm sure it's the Cien, but as usual for movies, they'll make a few to use for driving, static, damage, etc. it may not be the actual first concept that was premiered.
    Yep, definately a Cien. I checked it out as well.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Cadillac are probably doing this as poart of there plan to reintroduce them to more Youthful buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Cadillac are probably doing this as poart of there plan to reintroduce them to more Youthful buyers.
    the only way that would ever work is if it had a big Cadillac logo on the side. Otherwise, if they don't show a close-up of the badge, or mention the name, most people won't have a clue that it IS a Cadillac.

who cares ?
    looks like a good movie though
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    Even after both videos I have no idea what the conflict of the movie is . Goes to show how much thought is being put into the plots of movies these days

However, that car is hot.
    looks like a ripoff of the matrix

We'll only a few more days until" The island" comes out, i am looking forward to seeing the case sceen including the Cien

http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media...26/vids_1.html
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

it is a cien(sort of), i saw the "first look: the island" on hbo and they said they made some deal with GM about gettin a cien, tho i think thats a replica cause they said it didn't have the same engine than the prototype.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Thread Information