Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Kosir will get first taste of rallying in Fall of 2010

Kyle Kosir will get first taste of rallying in Fall of 2010

Hey guys,

I will be getting a lesson on Rallying in September of this year. The event is a rally cross but I will more be using it for learning techniques of getting the car sideways and being very smooth and precise. Since there is no room for error it will be teaching me alot. My teacher isn't a well known driver but has taken part in many rallies in the 90's. We will be driver a 2002 Golf GTI 337 which has a seem welded chassis and a slightly bigger turbo then stock. Im not sure on power or anything but more will come when i grab all the info. Also doing some research. I will probbly be one of the youngest drivers in Group Open of the Canadian Rally Championship I dont know if thats good or not. Comments are greatly appreciated

Kyle Kosir

here is the car http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/1...V-GTI-337.html

Cool, Rallycross! Post pics/vids when the season starts!

and if you're allowed to publish them, please post pics of your car int/ext, or specs
    Good luck dude!

I will forsure Anyone know the best onboard video camera to get?

Is this the same Kyle Kosir?

We seem to have a celebrity amongst us.
    Formula GP2

and from
    Nexopia | Blog

Exclusive interview - Kyle Kosir

No one can say Kyle Kosir isn't patient. 112 GP2 Grand Prix starts, many near misses, but no wins. Then came 113 - a number some might consider unlucky - and Kosir's patience finally paid off. And what a win it was - few victories have brought such unanimous applause from throughout the GP2 paddock. Kosir had broken the spell at last. And now that he has tasted victory, he wants more...

Q: It was a long and winding road to the top step of the podium at the Hungarian Grand Prix. How did it feel?
    Kyle Kosir: When you have been fighting for 4 and a half years of your life to win in GP2, it is the most amazing feeling to stand on the podium and see the whole team so emotional in front of you. It's a major milestone for me and it's important to celebrate your first win, I've been working towards this for a long time. I was so happy for my family as well, just to reward all the support that they have given me and my career over the years. To look down from the top step of the podium and see my dad's face below was just fantastic, it's something that I will never forget.
    Q: How much of it was relieving that burden - both for yourself - the media had started to write you off as a potential winner - and for the team?
    KK: It was a dream first win. I know it has taken a long time but this was the most spectacular win I could have had. It wasn't the relief of a burden. I had a couple of tough years before Honda, but I always believed in myself and it was about finding the right team that I could work with. It's been a tough year for us without a doubt but we always knew that we could do it. But you know I have not won the world championship, I have won a Grand Prix. There's a bit to go before we are challenging for the championship but I'm just going to enjoy this moment first.

Q: And have you given yourself a special treat to celebrate during GP2 racing's summer break?
    KK: Straight after the race, I headed off to China to do some PR work on behalf of our title sponsor British American Tobacco so I didn't really get the chance to celebrate properly then. Then I travelled to Japan on my way home to visit with Mr Fukui at Honda Head Office in Tokyo and Honda R&D in Tochigi to say thank you to all the staff there who have been working so hard. Once I came back to Europe, I had time for a celebration with my family and have now just spent a really relaxing ten days on the Mediterranean with my friends. Just having the time to see my family and friends and to share the occasion with them has been the treat for me really.

Q: Having started from 14th on the grid in Hungary you could not have expected it to turn out to be THE place for you. When did you realize that then and there would be your first win?
    KK: Starting 14th and going through from there was spectacular. I was on the edge, every moment you thought you would be off the circuit because of the wet conditions, but you need to be on the limit to challenge for a win. From about 30 laps out, I was pretty happy. I knew I was in a good position but you never know what could happen with the weather, that's why I had to build up a big lead just in case. But, from 10 laps out, I knew I was going to win and I didn't want the race to end as I was feeling so good in the cockpit. To come from 14th is the perfect way to get your first win, I drove well and importantly the team didn't put a foot wrong, we really got it all together on that day.

Q: Some will still say that Honda are not ready to win on their own strengths - that they still have to hope for mistakes by others. However, in truth the last two races have shown a steady curve upwards. Are the team’s developments now on the right track compared to the start of the season, when CEO Nick Fry admitted that winter testing and development had gone in slightly the wrong direction?
    KK: We are certainly on the right track now but this win doesn't change our determination. We know that our car is not the most competitive out there and that is something that we have to work on. There are five races left this season and there are likely to be some challenging times again but our confidence is high so we just have to keep our heads down and keep working.

Q: So what is it that has catapulted Honda back to competitiveness?
    KK: It's not really about a major overhaul, it's just been that the whole team has been working so hard to improve our performance. It's about taking little steps in all the areas that you need to improve upon. In Hungary, we really won it as a team with an excellent strategy, the right calls at the right time, and fantastic work by the guys during the pitstops.

Q: You finished fifth at last year's Turkish Grand Prix. What expectations do you have for this weekend?
    KK: It's been really hectic for the last couple of weeks since our win in Hungary but now that I've had the chance to celebrate properly and some time off to relax, I'm ready to get back in the car again and get on with the Turkish Grand Prix. Our car is well-suited to the Istanbul Park circuit and we are capable of a good result there. I really enjoyed the circuit last year and had a good race coming from 13th on the grid to finish 5th, so I'm looking forward to the weekend.
    ShoutPMFacebookTwittermore...Copy and paste this link into an email or message:EmailDiggMySpace Comments (0) | Report | Top

I don't think that is the same guy.

That blog is 4 yo.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I'm confused. I cannot find that name in any GP2 results.

Me and my friends did that as a joke. I was like 15 when that was up i belive. I wish i did GP2. Needed excess of 1.5-2 mil dollars i think to run the series. I have only done Karting and F1200. I was supposed to run FPA but my passport expired. How dumb is that

Pretty dumb!

Sorry, I posted the links. Maybe you should change your name to Walter Mitty.

Or Milli Vanilli

Or Hoser Poser!

Kyle Kosir will get first taste of rallying in Fall of 2010

Everytime a Kyle kosir thread pops up.. The weird comes out. What the hell is goin on in this thread
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Paula Pace appears to be another adversary of Kyle who has "cleverly" disguised his/her status as an adversary by making their flag an Argentinian one.

aha I was 14 guys relax. BTW anyone know how to create a Flash website? Were shutting down the F1200 one. And creating a whole knew website. Interactive driver profiles, onboard video of each driver and so on? I use to use Nexopia for Computer Tech Class. Did alot of photo shopping and web building. So if you see something wierd or something like that don't mind. It was all 5-6 years ago in my highschool days of Grade 10 and 11. But I can't Fotoshop worth of crap

I'm really confused..

Thread Information