Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 250 P

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ferrari 250 P

Ferrari 250 P #1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ferrer; 12-16-2009 at 05:08 AM.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Visca Catalunya!

Ferrari 250 P #3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visca Catalunya!

I'm familiar with the Parkes photos, but what's interesting here is the right or left drivers position and the Scarfiotti #144 targa hoop. Running changes to the 250P or specific setups for driver and/or track?
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    I'm familiar with the Parkes photos, but what's interesting here is the right or left drivers position and the Scarfiotti #144 targa hoop. Running changes to the 250P or specific setups for driver and/or track?
    it is even more interesting that the photo caption indicates that both shots of the 110 car are taken at the same occasion, 1000 km Ring, 1964. Obviously there were two cars running. Did one get damaged during practice?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if some of these are the 3.3 275p... being it's hard to distinguish between this particular cars progressions....then there's the 4.0 330p. Engine displacement changes with basically the same body showing minor changes along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    it is even more interesting that the photo caption indicates that both shots of the 110 car are taken at the same occasion, 1000 km Ring, 1964. Obviously there were two cars running. Did one get damaged during practice?
    Only car #114 the winner of the 1964 1000km of Nurburgring is actually a 275P (s/n 0820).

All the others show s/n 0810 and s/n 0812, which are 250 Ps, in the 1963 1000km of Nurburgring and the 1963 Targa Florio.
    Visca Catalunya!

I should have said 1000 km 1963...still two different cars, with the same number at the same occasion. Where is the Targa Florio shot?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I should have said 1000 km 1963...still two different cars, with the same number at the same occasion. Where is the Targa Florio shot?
    Post #3.
    Visca Catalunya!

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these are the 3.3 275p... being it's hard to distinguish between this particular cars progressions....then there's the 4.0 330p. Engine displacement changes with basically the same body showing minor changes along the way.

Am i right in thinking you guys are referring to the #2 / photo 1 as being LHD ?

Quote Originally Posted by RSOWNER View Post
    Am i right in thinking you guys are referring to the #2 / photo 1 as being LHD ?
    yep, the kodacolor thing...do you think it is not??

Indeed i do. I think its an optical trick of the eye. The 250P has very high sides and the driving position i've noticed also seems to be pushed more towards the centre of the car. Taken at that angle it makes it look as if he's sitting closer to the left than he really is, if you look where the rear view mirror is on the dashboard as well it definately looks closer to the camera than the steering wheel meaning he must be sitting on the right side of it not the left. As for the font being slightly different on the left and right doors thats easily put down to the fact they were hand painted on and therefore wouldn't be a perfect match.
    Last edited by RSOWNER; 12-17-2009 at 08:27 AM.

Indeed i do. I think its an optical trick of the eye. The 250P has very high sides and the driving position i've noticed also seems to be pushed more towards the centre of the car. Taken at that angle it makes it look as if he's sitting closer to the left than he really is, if you look where the rear view mirror is on the dashboard as well it definately looks closer to the camera than the steering wheel meaning he must be sitting on the right side of it not the left.
    Agreed.

Indeed i do. I think its an optical trick of the eye. The 250P has very high sides and the driving position i've noticed also seems to be pushed more towards the centre of the car. Taken at that angle it makes it look as if he's sitting closer to the left than he really is, if you look where the rear view mirror is on the dashboard as well it definately looks closer to the camera than the steering wheel meaning he must be sitting on the right side of it not the left. As for the font being slightly different on the left and right doors thats easily put down to the fact they were hand painted on and therefore wouldn't be a perfect match.
    you are absolutely right, the mirror is the direct give away. Sorry for having caused this confusion. And yes, fonts are hand painted and obviously different at both sides of the car.

you are absolutely right, the mirror is the direct give away. Sorry for having caused this confusion. And yes, fonts are hand painted and obviously different at both sides of the car.
    Not a problem Henk4, it took me quite a while to spot something that confirmed my theory. I quite enjoy it when there's a puzzle to solve

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    So, it's the same car (#0812).
    I think we can safely assume so Ferrer. I'm enjoying your frequent entries into Matt's Hide-out, keep up the good work.

Thread Information