Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gear Series 13 [May contain spoilers]

It's the delivery that matters.. subtlety for the proverbial.

The torrent for 13x02 is out.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

lol at stig photocopying his head
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Is it just me, or the news was awful? Other than that good episode, better than 13x01. The cheap car challenge was funny and entertaining but the SV Murci had a lot more potential.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Is it just me, or the news was awful? Other than that good episode, better than 13x01. The cheap car challenge was funny and entertaining but the SV Murci had a lot more potential.
    I wouldn't say awful, it was a good segment I think... not great, but good. Definitely better than last week's.

Quote Originally Posted by syko View Post
    lol at stig photocopying his head
    Yeah haha, that and pictures of Will Young on Jezza's desk, pictures of the Queen on May's, pictures of dogs on Hammond's, not to forget a tooth whitening kit next to the latter's phone, and a pile of gold bricks in the background

(Yeah I watched the episode twice, I didn't catch any of those props on my first watch)
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I was especially surprised by the F1's performance. I mean, the Veyron is said to have a 2.5 sec 0-60 time and an even more impressive 0-186mph (300kph) time, yet it was matched and even beaten by the old king (until of course they got to speeds well over 150mph). I also thought that the LP670 would beat the 722. An episode of surprises, I guess.

One more thing - I'd kill to watch Top Gear in HD (preferably 1080p), imagine teh AWESOMENESS!!
    Last edited by P3RG4R3C; 06-30-2009 at 08:44 AM.

I wonder if any of the drivers the James May stereo bit was aimed at will get the joke??

I couldn't stop laughing at that bit
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

just watched this weeks episode. Pretty fantastic TBH. Real high quality maintained throughout the episode. In terms of entertainment atleast. They obviously have alot more funding from the BBC for this series. Its definitely turned into one of the most popular primetime shows on a sunday so i presume viewing figures have boomed. People outside of the UK wouldnt reckognise the star in a reasonably priced car but MM is a new found comedian who's big over here. He was hilarious. And the rally section in the US with the subaru had some excellent camerawork involved. I was shocked to see the road in london literally full of fiat 500's and absolutely no other cars.. its pretty much the iphone of the car industry it seems. Also noticeably a political theme throughout the show concerning recent issues..

I didn't know who the guest was, but he was indeed hilarious. Perhaps the best SIARPC ever. The US Rally film had excellent camera work but a bit short on content. The small cars films were good, altough I think they didn't road test the second batch too well. The iQ had potential, winning one of the tests and finishing second in the other 2. It would've been better to include the 500 in the test in the first place. Overall quite a good episode.

David, you may not want to watch it though...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    David, you may not want to watch it though...
    I did, and I don't mind.

They are right about the build quality, but I think James was a bit harsh about the ride quality but hey, it's the cheapest brand new car I could find on the market, what else to expect I still think it's a good car though, like I wrote in my review, not great, but good.

Also I paid $8,999 CAD for mine (now my parents' as you know), and James said his cost £8,500, which is $16,091 CAD. Quite a damn lot more. I can get a base Civic for that price! As I already stated a few times now, among the motivating factors to buy the Aveo the price was definitely the deciding one, as well as insurances cost, which they didn't mention.

And I'd rather cruise in a car built with cheap plastic than in that Roomster, what an appaling looking car God it's probably the best way to make women run away from you.

As for the rest of the episode I enjoyed it, especially the Ken Block part.
    Last edited by fisetdavid26; 07-05-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

This episode was the most fun of the series so far. No particular moment I can point to, but lots of great zingers from Clarkson and Richard and some proper dicking around. It was also cool to see Usain Bolt, as he is a bit different than the average SIARPC (and the first non-Brit non-Yank, I think).
    The Panamera race was very well done, but it confirmed my fear that the Panamera is a good car. I also enjoyed the RS vs. Megane bit even though it was a little too shallow and condensed for my liking.
    My only biggish complaint would be that James didn't quite feature as heavily as I would have liked, but even he had some good moments.
    Also, lol at the condom on the windshield as the Trojan got the Evo.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    This episode was the most fun of the series so far. No particular moment I can point to, but lots of great zingers from Clarkson and Richard and some proper dicking around. It was also cool to see Usain Bolt, as he is a bit different than the average SIARPC (and the first non-Brit non-Yank, I think).
    The Panamera race was very well done, but it confirmed my fear that the Panamera is a good car. I also enjoyed the RS vs. Megane bit even though it was a little too shallow and condensed for my liking.
    My only biggish complaint would be that James didn't quite feature as heavily as I would have liked, but even he had some good moments.
    Also, lol at the condom on the windshield as the Trojan got the Evo.
    assuming ep4 is out then?
    The Datto will rage again...

Mhmm. Final Gear has ze link.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

dl last night, will watch tonight.
    The Datto will rage again...

wasnt a massively great episode. atleast compared to last weeks. i think the porsche deserved a more in-depth review rather than immediately being part of a top-gear race. i know its all about the entertainment now. but we want to see more of the cool-wall. more reviews of important cars and more in depth news. then we can get back to the fooling around

Thread Information