Thread: Maserati Boomerang Tail-lights

Maserati Boomerang Tail-lights

Today I saw a new Maserati with boomerang taillights driving down the street across from me. It had the current shape but with the special taillights and twin bonnet vents. However, I wasn't aware the next generation with the boomerang taillights was out yet. Can anyone help me out on this, as it is the second model I've seen with them (The other one was in May).

it's not a new Maserati

it's the 3200GT......now it's called Coupé and has other taillights

when I saw the title I thought it's about the Maserati Boomerang's taillights.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Delmaster; 12-04-2004 at 06:56 AM.

may be Maserati's do come later in the most isolated capital of the world
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yes, they look brilliant, but they stopped doing them on the revised 4.3 coupe.

They replaced them with lights that look like they have been nicked from a VW Passat...

... because of Americans.

Rest assured that the world is safe again from such things as style and good design.
    Thanks for all the fish

So they are on the older models then?

Sorry I'm a bit confused by all this. From what I've gathered from Motoring mags is that the current generation get the crapola Passat back lights, but the new generation which is due sometime next year have the boomerang taillights making a reappearance.

I like very very much the 3200gt then one 4200, the 3200 has the boomerang lights and in the front has twice ar entrance up in the engine...seems like one Marea Turbo, but it´s one Mazerati...

The Brazilian Boyyy

yeh most people know the rear end of the 3200 is better than the 4200, but the question is what will the rear end of the new coupe look like. this is not including the grandsport that is a sexy car.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    may be Maserati's do come later in the most isolated capital of the world
    Well everyone over here accepts that WA (Western Australia) also means Wait Awhile....

I think we're getting lost somewhere here. I have seen the Passat-Masers cruising around for ages, but I've only ever seen 2 with the boomerang taillights. Is there any other way to tell the old from the new besides the back ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferous
    Well everyone over here accepts that WA (Western Australia) also means Wait Awhile....

I think we're getting lost somewhere here. I have seen the Passat-Masers cruising around for ages, but I've only ever seen 2 with the boomerang taillights. Is there any other way to tell the old from the new besides the back ends?
    outwardly not, inside the twin turbo 3200 has been replaced by a on-aspirated 4200
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Ah, that's right I remember the story. The old TT V6 was running out of emissions and noise compliance so Ferrari gave them their V8...

Well it looks like it was more than likely an old model then, even if the new model due next year is almost identical to the 3200 model. If that isn't indecisive I don't know what is...

It has been ruined, just like the E-Type Jaguar, by the American market.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    It has been ruined, just like the E-Type Jaguar, by the American market.
    Lol, is it always our fault? BTW, Just remember who beat who in the Revolutionary War, owned.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Lol, is it always our fault? BTW, Just remember who beat who in the Revolutionary War, owned.
    coughVietnamcough.

Sorry, had to get it out mate.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Well it sure seems sometimes like everything gets blamed on us, whether we did it or not. I could not care less about the taillights on a car I'll never buy or gawk at, so I'll take the blame for it even though I have no idea whether it "actually" is our "fault".
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    You guys got 'Owned' by two guys and a cow in 'Nam.

Jaguar have been raped by Ford to make the cars more appealing to the American market, because that's where the sales are. Many companies change their cars to make them more appealing to the American market, however, this usually makes them worse cars for it. So you guys cop the blame.

Thread Information