Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4-Doors Porsche??

when you take a bottle of jack daniels, and you water it down a bit, you still have mostly a bottle of jack. however as time goes by and by and you water it down more and more, before you know it all you have left is water, bland comon, everyday water, in cool packaging mind you but still just water. porsche should open up their line to bring back a front engined rwd 928 type car using cayene v8's, a grand touring 2 door fast back, they should bring a 944/968 replacement that would spank cars like the 350z kinda like a little history repeating itself. heck if they were smart they'd team up with vw and have a helping hand in the concept r, develope a flat 4 turbo motor, which they could easily do as i heard they had a helping hand in the subi wrx motor, and have a modern day 914.

line up would look something like.
    914 replacement
    944/698

move boxster up a notch, more like being a step before the 911, offer a coupe and a roadster

then have the king 911, return it to its roots of being a pure sportscar, if you want touring you'll have the replacement for the 928 end of story

have the modern day 928 and make it a sporty as hell grand touring beast.

then yes, have the cayene.cuz heck, it makes them money.
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]Got QUATTRO?[/FONT]

I think it is about time Porsche made a new 928.

That Coupe GT-type thingy Perfadv posted looked damned fine. I think it'd be sweet if Porsche fanned out a little, but rather than just make boring cars, inject them with the quality and performance we've been seeing in them for years. hell, an affordable front Engine, rear drive coupe that could kick the RX-8's and 350Z's ass would rule.

And Porsche could start making motor bikes. god knows they already make motors for Harley Davidson.

I definetely say revive the 928 and 944. I wouldn't cry if they made a Sport Sedan out to eat Evo's and WRX's for lunch, either.

i remembere reading a while ago Car and Driver quoting some Porsche senior management official saying that the main purpose of the Cayenne was to increase their financial stability and thus keep them independent and not get swallowed by some huge company that would influence their directions. thus the Cayenne was made to sort of bring in the money necessary to finance the sports cars they develop.
    i am not sure if a 4-door Porsche would ever be produced on the same basis or not, but i stronlgy agree with Henk that the Maserati QP might make other sports car makers think of the idea.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

i agree i wouldnt like to see th 911 messed up... but you gyuys have to admit a front engine V8 coupe would make a fine adition as a 4th model in the porsche line up
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    I think it is about time Porsche made a new 928.
    AMEN!!
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

that looks like the front of an intercity train. its so ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    i remembere reading a while ago Car and Driver quoting some Porsche senior management official saying that the main purpose of the Cayenne was to increase their financial stability and thus keep them independent and not get swallowed by some huge company that would influence their directions. thus the Cayenne was made to sort of bring in the money necessary to finance the sports cars they develop.
    i am not sure if a 4-door Porsche would ever be produced on the same basis or not, but i stronlgy agree with Henk that the Maserati QP might make other sports car makers think of the idea.
    Exactly, Misho. The Cayenne is what saved Porsche from having to sell to another company. The Cayenne financed the development of the 997 and the new Boxster. I don't see any reason for them not to branch out to other types of cars. It's not like they would sell them as an alternative to a 911. It would be for a whole different set of buyers.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Porsche, scrap the Cayenne and start work on a new 928 for us people.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    The Cayenne financed the development of the 997 and the new Boxster. I don't see any reason for them not to branch out to other types of cars.
    Car companies exist to make money.
    A few of them care about building great cars, but money is the main objective.

People always seem to forget that.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    Porsche, scrap the Cayenne and start work on a new 928 for us people.
    Until the SUV craze dies, the Cayenne and maybe even its successors will haunt purists everywhere. I see more Cayennes in the Newport Beach area than other new Porsches.

The original 928s design never made it to the road like Porsche intended, only years later did it get the kind of power Porsche wanted. The late-70s model was pretty weak and it never got the kind of reception that makes new models successful. Most of the bad feedback was from the 911 crowd. Eternally insecure that their baby will get taken away, they cry foul whenever Porsche looks to diversify. Porsche should issue a consitututional corporate statement: "there will always be a 911, rest assured". Then they'll be free to make what sells and have the money to make competitive machines.

In addition to being a car maker Porsche are also a consultancy and design firm, and this doesn't weaken their sporting machines.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

uglify it, LOL preach brother preach !!!

it looka kinda like CGT in a 4 door body!!!

I'd like to see what Porsche comes up with for a new 944 Turbo S model.

I don´t know if you agree to me but, porsche isn´t a every day car, and then, if the porsche does this car, that´s better than one Cayenne, but the Cayenne when it appeared, all magazines have done several bad comments to it...I think the porsche could work in cars like Carrera GT, Carrera and the Boxter, and not to invent this project....but if you think, the porsche want to do this car to battle with the Ferrari 612 Scagliett, the porsche will be cheapper, and that´s is the goal of Porsche

Brazilian Boy!

Thread Information