Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd!!

Pink Floyd!!

CNN reports that waters gilmore mason and wright are going to perform!
    LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Four members of seminal British rock band Pink Floyd will play together for the first time in 24 years at London's Live 8 charity concert for Africa on July 2, publicists for the event said on Sunday.
    LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Four members of seminal British rock band Pink Floyd will play together for the first time in 24 years at London's Live 8 charity concert for Africa on July 2, publicists for the event said on Sunday.

Guitarist David Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason and keyboard player Richard Wright will be on stage with bassist Roger Waters for their first public performance since they played at London's Earls Court in 1981.

The rock legends will join a star-studded line-up including Coldplay, Elton John and Paul McCartney at the Live 8 concert in Hyde Park, organized by activist rocker Bob Geldof to pressure rich nations to ease African poverty.

"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world," said Gilmour.

"Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if reforming for this concert will help focus attention then it's got to be worthwhile."

The band released their first album "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" in 1967 and broke records with 1973's "The Dark Side Of The Moon", which remained in the American album charts for more than a decade.

In the 1980s relations between Waters and the rest of the group soured, with Waters suing over the rights to the Pink Floyd name.

Gilmore, Mason and Wright continued to record and tour as Pink Floyd, releasing their last studio album "The Division Bell" in 1994.
    i sooo want to go but i dont think ill be able to because it is too soon to plan a trip there. im hopeful i can change my dads mind though.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Wow, finally!

Roger did a solo gig here some time back, but it's been a little blank. I want to see them live, with David Gilmour playing his serial number 0001 Stratocaster...

Perhaps one of the best bands ever- their The Dark Side Of The Moon has been in the Top 30 album charts in America for over 30 years.

You have to enter a competition for the tickerts- you can't buy them

*# *#*#*@ (*)#@ ()$#*)

i want to go so badly. if they EVER come to the US, i am buying tickets and going no matter what. im going to start an emerganecy fund with at least 500 dollars in it so that if they ever come i wont need to worry about how im gonna get enough money in time.

hahah i just found this funny.

CNN, an american news group posted Gilmore's statement, but left out this bit
    "It’s crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations."
    typical

That's awesome!

First time after 24 years!!!

Wow! I think id kill some one to go to that concert.

who the hell is pink floyd?
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

you suck i hope you die

I agree. If you don't know Pink Floyd, your music collection needs to be taken away. They're only the greatest prog rock band ever! Emerson, Lake & Palmer come close though...

I was really pissed when I found out yo ucould only win tickets, I would sell one of my guitars to buy tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    who the hell is pink floyd?
    You've never heard of Pink Floyd? What rock have you been living under?
    For anyone in South Africa the Pink Floyd Experience are going to be touring there from 28 July 2005
    http://www.pinkfloydexperience.co.nz
    I saw them in Wellington a few weeks ago, and damn they are good!

Oh boys, i´ve heard that notice here, in brazil, i just want to say to you, who live next to the show, go for me, and for the millons who wanted to see that fantastic group

not very relevant to cars...

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    not very relevant to cars...
    Dude, shut up, as I said before, IT'S CALLED THE MISCELLANEOUS SECTION!

having almost 29 times as many posts as you and having been here 19 months longer than you i have a good idea of what to post here

Thread Information