Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
how many were made nota? i don't seem to see any except for events like these
Mate it seems about 30 Milano GT built with 8 drivers remaining

JWF Fibreglass Industries built a lot of kit-car bodies through the late fifties and early sixties. Most popular were the Milanos, which initially came as open cars, but were joined later by the Milano GT model as well.

These bodies found their way onto a whole range of chassis, were powered by many different engines, were used on both road and track. But JWF changed course and no longer built sports car bodies as other business proved more profitable.
Bolly Blog: Another Milano GT 179

What the hell is a JWF Milano GT?
The chassis was specific for this car (built by Nota) and the fiberglass body uses design elements of contemporary Ferraris. You may also see a small Cobra Daytona in it. And it's really small, about 3.5 m long, 1.4 m wide - it's small by any standard.
Typical engine choices included MG and of course the Holden I-6 in both versions. I've seen a pic of one Milano GT fitted with a Slant-Six Valiant, mounted vertically. Also Zephyr.

Btw the final JWF was the very attractive Milano GT2. Two 'works' GT2 built in 1970 for JWF owners to have fun and good success in Class-level racing, and one more subsequent for a total of three. GT2 looks different to GT, its styling inspiration was for 'something like a Lola GT' with traces of GT40 influence, but long nosed and with aft-sited cabin to suit the mechanicals. GT2 featured an unlikey combo of Matich SR3-inspired tube chassis and Holden HR front-end, diff, brakes and 179 tri-carb engine.