Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Reason for Absence

My Reason for Absence

June 21st, I wake up out of bed. I turn on my computer to check UCP and another forum, mm2c. Then I switch my computer to stand by and head off to get ready for the day. After getting ready, I head downstairs, greeted by the smell of eggs cooking on the stove. I eat breakfast and run out to meet my friend who has come over to go to the biking trails about 4 miles away. We were going to go biking the entire day, just ourselves and our bikes...and the long winding trails.
    So we head off, biking slowly and talking to each other, asking how each other's day was. Soon we pass the local mall's parking lot. The final moments had finally arrived. In the distance, we could see a taxi going at very dangerous speeds, I would estimate 50 mph, flying over speed bumps and over sidewalks. We try to get the hell out of there as fast as possible on our bikes. Our adrenaline was pumping hard as hell, we obviously didn't want to be run over by that freak. My friend was unfortunate enough to get his wheel caught in a small twig sticking out of a bush. His bike twisted over and he fell on the ground-hard. He slid for at least 15 feet. I didn't stop though, I saw that maniac coming our way. I don't even think the taxi driver saw my friend as he crashed through the bushes. The guy finally crashed into a pole and ran out, laughing. He had obviously been drinking very hard. By that time I had seen what happened. My life had been changed forever in that split second, that one moment. I fell, and I couldn't stand up. I was on my knees, devastated by what had happened, and clueless to my surroundings. One thought rolled in my mind over and over. "He's.....dead...." An ambulance quickly arrived on scene and some paramedics ran over to the scene. I remember hearing one say, "He isn't going to make it. It's too late." A cop came by me, and picked me up and sat me down on the front of his car. he asked me a few questions I couldn't remember. From where I was then, I could see my friend. There was blood....everywhere....His body was split in half, I saw an arm a few feet away. I fainted. About three hours later I woke up in a hospital. But I still remembered what had happened, and finally recovering that horrible image, I passed out again, waking up 5 minutes later this time around.
    This has taught me a lesson. One I will not share, for only through experience can you learn its true meaning. It pains me to speak of this....so that's it. I realized that there's more to life than I ever knew. All I will leave you with is this: "Live life to the fullest today, for tomorrow will not come."
    As for me, I'll still live life for what it is to me. There is too much that I have to live for. I'm sorry I left you guys, but I'll be around, probably not as often now, as I'll be "living life to the fullest." But I will make sure to drop in every once in a while, see how everyone is doing....so I'll be seeing you guys around.

My friend, Jonathan Ubulius, thank you for everything. May you forever rest in peace.

im so sorry

man... i am sorry for your loss... thats so sad... did they catch the driver? hope that guy does life... i mean real life... i go riding with SHIFTY all the time, on mountainbike trails... and then on the way home we ride via roads, because we are too tired. this means alot to me and (defianately) him, may your friend RIP.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

My condolence goes out to your friend, It's so weird how fast life can turn things up side down

My condolence goes out to your friend also. Sorry man for loosing a friend
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

may your friends soul rest in peace forever. my condolences

I offer my condolences.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Im sorry for your loss man!

Thanks for sharing it with us! I know how hard that kind of things are to talk about and i think it was very big of you to share it. Ive experienced something a bit like it a few years ago, so i think i know what you're going through!

My condolences and thoughts goes to you and your friend. May he rest in peace
    "Power, Beauty, Soul" - Aston Martin

i feel the same as everyine else man sorry
    To Some, a rusted out 1989 GMC Suburban* is trash

But to Me, its home

sorry for your loss mon

I hope the driver is punished
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I'm sorry GT500.

I cant imagine how that must feel...You see these things in films, but when reality takes its turn its hard to take it in. Me being a deep person, things like this realy do make you realise reality isnt a game,and like you said, we should take every opportunity to live life to the full. Putting myself in your shoes.. I feel for you man... Im sure a great loss to everybody he knew and my thoughts go out to his family and friends. May he forever rest in peace..

Sorry for your loss.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

My sincerest condolences to you and his family.

I am constantly reminded of how unbelivably lucky I have been in my life, never to have witnessed, or experienced anything like that.

As such, I cannot possibly begin to comprehend how you must feel.

I know many people who have seen horrible things happen to people, a close family friend has had some of the worst runs of luck through their life, if something can go wrong, it will. Yet this person is one of the most cheerful, and happy people I know.

I am somewhat encouraged to see that you have decided to live your life to the fullest, I hope you achieve all that you want to.
    Thanks for all the fish

Oh dear oh dear. I am really sorry for your loss GT500. I hope the Bastard is charged and has the book thrown at him.

Give our condolences to your friends family, any friend of yours is a friend of ours also.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

That is one of the most terrible tragedies I have ever heard. I am truly sorry for your loss and your friend's families loss. May you be strong at this tough time in your life...
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

Thread Information