Page 482 of 500 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 7489

Thread: Galah Sessions

Buy one and make it float.. the world needs an amphibious moke - a moke in a moat.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I'M ON A MOKE!

Somehow doesn't have the same effect. still, instant lulz I suspect.

EDIT: that Porsche teaches me two things:
    1) Military Intelligence really is an oxymoron.
    2) Nothing is so perfect as to not need improvement in someone's eyes.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

what about the third thing you learnt?.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Seriously, there are people who buy Carrera GT bodykits for their 911's? I shouldn't be shocked, but somehow, those people never fail to exceed my expectations. Next week: Panda engined Ferrari 355.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Lets all buy Mokes...
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Lets all buy Mokes...
    I'd just about be in that... shenaningans abound.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Lets all buy Mokes...
    it is very, very tempting.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

dibs pink one.
    The Datto will rage again...

so a workshop in WA got another FG GT on the rollers.. 333rwkw and 328rwkw.
    dunno why ford chose to badge them as 335kw.. under rated for insurance purposes??
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Easy special varient? "This one is the 350kw one!" More likely it's to attempt to appease the hysterical mothers association.. they don't want ACA to do a 'special investigation' into kids in powerful cars.

On another note..

So, this morning me and some guys from work went for a ride up to the road warriors cafe on the oddly specific highway again. Only I only got to just before the F3 turn off on the current specific highway before my rear brake was clonking. Turns out the bolts that hold the brake caliper in place were gone... so I rode it back to the shop that did the service (replaced rear tyre and rear brake pads) on Wednesday and was all wtf. After the guy was all furious and apologetic I was told that the pads delaminated on the somewhat scored rotor, which vibrated enough to cause the bolts to let go. Not sure about that.. there was the odd vibration in the back there before though, so.. maybe. They replaced the pads and chamfered the leading edge to help them bed in properly this time and loctited the bolts in, so.. should be ok now I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    so a workshop in WA got another FG GT on the rollers.. 333rwkw and 328rwkw.
    dunno why ford chose to badge them as 335kw.. under rated for insurance purposes??
    Well theres no real point in badging them over 400kw+ which they could do. As it is, the ECU has so many torque tags to keep the driveline together and the car driveable its only making that power either on the dyno, or in the higher gears and hence the 'average' quarter mile times so far.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Well theres no real point in badging them over 400kw+ which they could do. As it is, the ECU has so many torque tags to keep the driveline together and the car driveable its only making that power either on the dyno, or in the higher gears and hence the 'average' quarter mile times so far.
    KPM just tuned a GS impressive results,
    To Clarify
    Initial stock rune 268 rwkw

Tune Only
    333 Rwkw
    Computer estimated 432 Fwkw/ 680 Nm Torque
    KPM Estimation approx 405 fwkw

As metioned at this stage we have just started initial tuning. No pulleys exhaust or any other modifications. To say it has responded well to just a tune is an understatement.
    The tuning is in its initial stage as we are monitering various important parameters as we go. eg intake temps , knock retard, oil temps etc..
    These will be trimmed on road , dyno and testtrack over time.
    Any and all other upgrades will be brought about by the nessecatity for improvement and/or reliabilty as we monitor data results stage by stage.
    Once again we are offering a compliment to factory warranties with our packages so needless to say thourough testing will be undertaken.

wait until exhaust, pulley change and I/C start happening

theres going to be bits of gearbox, clutch tailshafts everwhere
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

So anyone who's my facebook friend will know I took my mother to see The Social Network today (she's a big West Wing fan, and it's written by the same guy), and my thoughts are as such;

It's amazing.

Well written is putting it mildly; it's acerbic, intellectual, and requires you to keep pace with the storyline and dialogue, not the other way around. Pausing for dramatic effect, sure, but still rushing headlong down the story line.

I love that it's a Facebook movie not about Facebook - it's the cause of the main conflict, for sure, but it's merely the tool with which the main characters interact - rather appropriate, I think.

And to top it off the soundtrack was amazing - Atticus Ross (of "The Book of Eli" fame) and Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) have done a fantastic job of creating electronic music with a soul-laced edge.

I was thoroughly impressed in a way I was not expecting, and while my mother and sister were left thinking of Zuckerberg as an asshole, I was left with a man I kind of felt sorry for - certainly in his position by his own decisions, but left with no understanding of those decisions.

I digress - It's amazing, do see.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I took some photos of the brake on the bike before I got it mended. Seems good now though, went up to Manly and back this weekend.. it's really singing along since the service.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information