Thread: In Progress: Lambo Gallardo

In Progress: Lambo Gallardo

This is the new Fujimi kit...a follow up to their recent Murcie kit. It seems this kit is a little more accurate although it still has fitting issues just like all Fujimi kits. I haven't gotten to much of the assembly but so far I had to reduce the size of the side glass so it would fit, you learn with Fujimi to check everything like that before you get too far. Here's a couple pics of the body painted in basic white, it will get a pearl white mid-coat, I was inspired by the white Gallardo posted on UCP from the Geneva show.

Unlike the Murcie kit this body is one piece except for the engine cover which makes it a quicker build and less potential for error.

Wheels shown are for pic purposes only.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dino Scuderia; 03-21-2005 at 01:58 PM.

bling bling

looking good so far mate keep going
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

do you ever stop and think *ahh,i wish i had a real car to do this on* must be like living in lego land :P

Nice rims..can't wait to see the final piece.

yes I have a feeling this is going to looks just as awesome as the Murcielago. Is it the same type of kit Dino?
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by Manik
    yes I have a feeling this is going to looks just as awesome as the Murcielago. Is it the same type of kit Dino?
    Yes, same company. How's your project going?

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Yes, same company. How's your project going?
    pretty good so far, I have the body painted and the engine finished. I am working on the interior and it is almost done. I really like it so far, when I am finished I'll post it on the forum. But don't expect much it sure isn't a good as some of the models you have posted. I have one more question to ask you dino, Once I finished spray painting the body I started to paint the inside of the front lights. While I was painting it black it started cracking? Do you have any advice for my next model on how to aviod this?

Good luck on your Gallardo!

pretty good so far, I have the body painted and the engine finished. I am working on the interior and it is almost done. I really like it so far, when I am finished I'll post it on the forum. But don't expect much it sure isn't a good as some of the models you have posted. I have one more question to ask you dino, Once I finished spray painting the body I started to paint the inside of the front lights. While I was painting it black it started cracking? Do you have any advice for my next model on how to aviod this?

Good luck on your Gallardo!
    What kind of paint were you using?

What kind of paint were you using?
    I used Model Masters Paint to spray the body.

I used Model Masters Paint to spray the body.
    So which paint cracked, the black or other? And what kind was the black paint?

You're giving me little bits of info so I don't know how to help you. Tell me what you used and how you did everything.

ok I just told you that I used Model Masters paint to spray onto the body, Then after it dried I was going to paint in the inside of the headlights black. Because that is what the kit says to do. To paint the inside of the headlights black I used the testors model paint and I put the paint on with a troothpick. When I was putting the black paint over the red sprayed on paint the black paint began to crack. Is there any way I could aviod the paint cracking in the future or do you have any tips?

Here is a photo of the sport on the real car where the paint cracked. This isn't my model.......

ok I just told you that I used Model Masters paint to spray onto the body, Then after it dried I was going to paint in the inside of the headlights black. Because that is what the kit says to do. To paint the inside of the headlights black I used the testors model paint and I put the paint on with a troothpick. When I was putting the black paint over the red sprayed on paint the black paint began to crack. Is there any way I could aviod the paint cracking in the future or do you have any tips?

Here is a photo of the sport on the real car where the paint cracked. This isn't my model.......
    Hmmmm.... you said the black paint cracked as you were putting it on, sounds like it wasn't cracking which could only occur after it dried....sounds more like it wasn't sticking to the red so it was seperating, not cracking. Next time try scuffing the paint underneath with some fine grit sandpaper, paint needs a surface it can 'bite' into.

Finally nearing the end, still have to paint the window trim and put a wash in the panel lines. Unlike the real car I painted the gauge housing on the dash and the whole center console in aluminum to liven it up a little.

Finally nearing the end, still have to paint the window trim and put a wash in the panel lines. Unlike the real car I painted the gauge housing on the dash and the whole center console in aluminum to liven it up a little.
    Ok so next time I'm modeling I'll sand the sprayed section down that gets painted over. Thanks for the advice Dino although I probably won't be doing another 1/24 for a while considering my Tamiya F40 didn't turn out very well. I'll post photos as soon as I can. I haven't been able to lately because it's been pretty hectic at my house......

By the way your Gallardo looks to be coming together great!

Ok so next time I'm modeling I'll sand the sprayed section down that gets painted over. Thanks for the advice Dino although I probably won't be doing another 1/24 for a while considering my Tamiya F40 didn't turn out very well. I'll post photos as soon as I can. I haven't been able to lately because it's been pretty hectic at my house......

By the way your Gallardo looks to be coming together great!
    Hey, don't get discouraged, we all went through the learning process.

Thread Information