Page 519 of 536 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519520521529 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But I least it helped it happen so that's good, I guess.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What?
    Yes, that's what happens when you post at 8 in the morning.

What I meant is that I helped clutch decide by posting many pics in the hideout thread.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post

colour was not my first pick, but as with the 965, the price and condition are just right.
    Clutch, congratulations on your purchase.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Sydney, Australia - in a Castle in the Hills
    I went to Victoria's Basement today to check out their sale and came back with:

Benzer - Bamboo Lazy Susan 40cm reduced from $80 to $24

D-Line - Ravioli Maker reduced from $32 to $23.95

Jamie Oliver Pasta Machine reduced from $80 to $30

Benzer - Backen Bakeware Biscuit Machine with attachments reduced from $50 to $10

I was going to get a Jamie Oliver chopping board as well but, after carrying it around the shop for about 20 minutes, I decided it was a bit too heavy.....

Is Victoria's Basement where she keeps her Secrets?

My most recent purchases were some bike parts. A new skinny tire that I rotated in after cutting my sidewall and a new brake cable as part of the rear drivetrain overhaul so my friend can stop complaining that my bike doesn't stop as well as his.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Is Victoria's Basement where she keeps her Secrets?
    I suppose a basement would be a good place to keep secrets, but I have to disappoint you and say no, it isn't. The only garments of any sort you're likely to find there are kitchen aprons.

Victoria's Basement started in the late 1980s as a small shop (it was only 13 square metres in size!) in the Queen Victoria Building, a huge 19th century Romanesque style sandstone building that takes up a whole block in Sydney's CBD. Originally it was called Mr Tablecloth, as it sold mostly tablecloths and other napery. The brothers that ran the shop later decided to significantly expand their business into a retail store selling homewares and giftware, and established it in the storage area in the basement of Queen Victoria Building, hence the name Victoria's Basement. About ten years ago, they opened up three other stores in the suburbs, one of which, in Auburn, was the one I went to yesterday. The Auburn store also sells indoor & outdoor furniture.

Also if I'm not mistaken, the Auburn store is up on the first floor.. perhaps an inverse basement.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Also if I'm not mistaken, the Auburn store is up on the first floor.. perhaps an inverse basement.
    If you look at it from the Parramatta Road, it looks like it is, but the main part of the store is slightly below street level (maybe the block slopes downwards to the back?). The windows you can see are in a small, upper, mezzanine level, which has pictures, wall hangings and I don't know what else, because I was just wanting to check out kitchen wares. To get to the shop from the Parramatta Road footpath you have to go down a flight of stairs. Access to the car park is from Silverwater Road, but it's small and when there's a sale on it can be a nightmare parking there, so I parked at Domayne and walked down...

Ahh.. shame, I was always amused by the inverse basement idea.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Congratulations, clutch... that looks lovely, nice score!

Ceylon is a striking and rare color on any BMW, so long term you may find that a bonus or hopefully, grow to like it. BTW, is the twin Stromberg setup how it was delivered to OZ? I've never seen them on a 2002, only on E12 518/520s... there's a pair collecting dust in my shop. Will a swap to 40PHH Solex/Weber/Mikuni carbs be in your plans?
    not sure, iirc the ad aid it was a setup off a different model 2002.
    i find the word that springs to my head is 'cigarettes' whenever i see the car in soft light like at sunset, no idea why.
    and yes, this is all ferrer's fault

i had it corner weighted, 1077kg all up, with 56% of that to the front. not fast but fast enough for backroads fun, have to give the brake pedal a bit of effort though. it does pull steadily like a steam train though, seems to have torque- it literally just doesn't notice hills.
    the revs and speedo do not change when you hit an incline. it's like the car is on level ground the whole time. overtakes everything uphill!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Getting gear in the offseason at good prices.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Bus ticket to Paris and a booking in a hostel. Should be good fun to be in that city again. A room for 5 days plus the bus trip is only costing €165. Traveling on a budget this time!

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Getting gear in the offseason at good prices.
    Every time I see those things, I wonder if they purposefully come up with ways to cram potentially deadly instruments into one. The Swiss Army knife of rock climbing and homicide.

Bought the wifi backpack and remote for my gopro:

http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories...-remote-combo/
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Every time I see those things, I wonder if they purposefully come up with ways to cram potentially deadly instruments into one. The Swiss Army knife of rock climbing and homicide.

[/url]
    Yes, definitely practice and dont turn a self-arrest into a self-impale.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Best Buy has a big clearance sale on new games. A lot of good games for $10.

Just got infamous 2 for $10 with free shipping.

They also have Assassin's Creed Revelations and Deus Ex for $10.

Thread Information