Thread: Clarkson Prefers Grassin than Ferrari'n.

Clarkson Prefers Grassin than Ferrari'n.

Some of you may know ive taken up Autograss as a weekend hobby, class 1 at the moment untill my brothers old enough to get into the higher classes and then we can get into RWD saloons or faster minis, maybee even 0-85 in 3.0second specials......

But anyway i came across this article and found it intresting, Clarkson stating he'd finds it more joyful than driving a F430 at 190mph......

"Two hundred years from now, when all this environmental claptrap has been exposed as a sham, and engineers can once again devote themselves to creativity and excellence without having to worry about the trees and otters, someone, somewhere may well build a car as good as the Ferrari F430.
    It’s the new baby in Ferrari’s range and it is, quite simply, the best car I’ve ever driven, not just when you’re hurtling along at Mach 7 but also on the motorway, and in town and on country lanes. In every environment, it rides, goes, stops and handles in a way that other car makers will tell you is impossible.

Strangely, however, spending two days with this wonderful car was not the highlight of my motoring week. It was beaten, and beaten easily, by a slightly knackered, 13-year-old Mitsubishi Starion that I took grass-track racing.

This is a sport on the verge of extinction because farmers have been advised that they will lose all their subsidies if they use set-aside land for any form of motor-sport activity. A pity, because to hurtle round a field, pushing other bangers out of the way and getting lots of soil up your nose is truly and properly joyous.

Driving a Ferrari at 190mph is, of course, a marvellous thing, but it’s just not as good as watching your friends explode and catch fire.

Even when your grass-track racer goes wrong, and it will, the fun doesn’t stop. One chap lumbered into the pits having blown the top hose on the engine in his Ford Mondeo. It looked like his race was run, but no. Using the sort of ingenuity that made Britain great, he nicked one of the traffic cones that had been used to mark out the track, carved off the base, gaffer-taped the rest onto his motor and within five minutes was back in the action. "
    http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...0582_1,00.html

Awesome. I love JC. I have never heard of this grass track racing but I don't know, I think I'd still take the Ferrari.

haha what a legend

thats a strange review of a Skoda...

hes still not funny.

somewhere may well build a car as good as the Ferrari F430.
    It’s the new baby in Ferrari’s range and it is, quite simply, the best car I’ve ever driven, not just when you’re hurtling along at Mach 7 but also on the motorway, and in town and on country lanes. In every environment, it rides, goes, stops and handles in a way that other car makers will tell you is impossible.
    JC is brilliant. Oh and the grass racing thingy looks interesting too.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Thread Information