Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > General Automotive

Old 07-03-2019, 12:33 PM
Furniture

East Coast of the United States
Passing of Lee Iacocca

I'm sure some of you guys already know, but Lee Iacocca died yesterday.

Lee Iacocca has died: Ford Mustang creator and former Chrysler CEO dies at 94; cause of death Parkinson's complications - CBS News
Old 07-04-2019, 06:40 AM
Fanatic

└A & Connecticlump
Send a message via AIM to f6fhellcat13 Send a message via MSN to f6fhellcat13
A quick Google search failed to find a landau-barred K-Car, but RIP. I'm sure Kitdy will find an appropriate minivan hearse.

Iacocca's legacy is a tough one for me; he kept a wayward Chrysler solvent and was instrumental in the creation of that iconic piece of 20th-century Americana: the Mustang. These achievements are laudable, but I feel he had a patronizing view of the automotive public (history bears out his success, so it obviously was effective) and certainly had a hand in the race-to-the-bottom and lowest-common-denominator American automotive landscape of the final quarter of the century.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:02 AM
Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
A quick Google search failed to find a landau-barred K-Car, but RIP. I'm sure Kitdy will find an appropriate minivan hearse.

Iacocca's legacy is a tough one for me; he kept a wayward Chrysler solvent and was instrumental in the creation of that iconic piece of 20th-century Americana: the Mustang. These achievements are laudable, but I feel he had a patronizing view of the automotive public (history bears out his success, so it obviously was effective) and certainly had a hand in the race-to-the-bottom and lowest-common-denominator American automotive landscape of the final quarter of the century.
I will pour some out for Lee, in memory.

In short, he was the most significant auto executive in North America of his generation; and certainly one of the most important ever. He leaves a long shadow over the Big 3.