Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix

Renault
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    What track was this photo taken at?
    It was taken at Silverstone

I knew for years Raikkonen was champion material, what a shame it was this year though. In my opinion Hamilton deserved it, but him (and McLaren) can't make them mistakes in the last two (most important) races. I'm absolutely gutted.
    However, McLaren can take one huge positive out of this season among the disappointment: Lewis Hamilton said after his first race that he wanted to win one this season, he didn't care which. He won 4 races and lost out on the world championship by 1 point in the tightest world championship of modern times with a prick of a two-time world champion, and another amazing driver, Kimi. It's extraordinary.

Kubica, Rosberg and Heidfeld under investigation after their cars failed scruteneering ...
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

They had to find something to give their driver the title...

Im just chuffed to bits that Kimi got up and won it over those other two guys. Before anyone says anything about being a ferrari fanboy or whatever, anyone who knows me knows I'm in Webbers corner so sit down. I think its great that the outsider for the title clinched it fair and square in the last race. Even though the constructors points for Mclaren were taken off them, their drivers got to keep their points. As far as I can tell, both teams involved didnt use the others data on their respective vehicles. It came down to a contest at the last race and the seeing as the best man retired on lap 15, I guess its good to see Kimi win, purely because I despise Alonso because he is a tool, and I dont like Hamilton because he is just too damn soft. As my mum says every night when theres a GP on... GO KIMI GO!!!!!
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    How is this title a scandal?
    You could argue that Hamilton won because Raikkonen only scored 100 points, after the FIA rightly disqualified Ferrari from the Australian GP after a senior Ferrari engineer and McLaren advised the FIA about a moveable aerodynamic device prior to the race, in contravention of the 2007 Technical Regulations article 3.15.

They (the FIA and the race stewards) were told about it.

It was a moveable aerodynamic device.

There is also the allegation that Stepney fed McLaren information to Ferrari. If McLaren having Ferrari secrets is the worst thing ever, why are the allegations not being verified/disproved, just to make sure?

It was never properly looked into, so the results stand and Raikkonen came out on top.

Raikkonen does deserve the championship - he drove consistently well, picked up the points when it mattered, did everything right. He has come agonisingly close before, and instead of loosing at the last round as before, he has gone in behind and come out ahead for a change.

It will be a shame if the title is decided by disqualifications after the event, but the rules are there and need to be enforced. Well, some of the time they need to be enforced...

Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues View Post
    They had to find something to give their driver the title...
    The Tifosi - victory is never good enough.

The BBC

"However, there is a precedent that could be used by race stewards not to exclude them.

In 1995, the Benetton-Renault of Michael Schumacher and the Williams-Renault of David Coulthard were initially disqualified from first and second places in the Brazilian Grand Prix because their fuel did not conform to samples approved by the FIA."

See - they only need to enforce the rules some of the time...
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 10-21-2007 at 04:18 PM.

If the BMW and Williams driver are DQed for a team mistake/misconduct, then the same rule could've been enforced on the McLaren duo for the possible advantage gained from a guilty verdict of the Spy-gate....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

It has been confirmed they are not DQ.. Kimi remains #1

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    If the BMW and Williams driver are DQed for a team mistake/misconduct, then the same rule could've been enforced on the McLaren duo for the possible advantage gained from a guilty verdict of the Spy-gate....
    The same rule?

No, BMW and Williams are accused of a technical infringement, giving their cars an advantage.

McLaren were accused of a sporting infringement; ISC 151.c "fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally."

Anyway; under no circumstances can the McLaren drivers be penalised regarding that verdict, because they were promised immunity if they gave evidence, and they did.

Anyway - it is irrelevant, the rules only need to be enforced sometimes; no penalty for Williams or BMW.

By reversing your logic, the "same rule" that means BMW/Williams are not punished would also mean McLaren can have it's constructors points back.

F1 is all about double standard, none more so than the 2007 season shown...

I am glad they didnt choose to act on a silly reg and makes for more farcicle headlines for F1. And IMO, and this is my opinion, that a team which may or may not have gained an advantage from the spy-gate did not win the championship, and they lost it with no one to blame but themselves(Kimi vs Lewis in the last 2 GPs: 20pts vs 2pts, from a 17pts advantage to Lewis)

Bring on 2008, we should be in for a treat this next few years...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    U-uh, Ferrari did it politely, Raikkonen showed fast laps and Massa was in traffic - what to catch here for a protest?

Congrats to all Kimi's fans! We are the champions Finally!! Yay!

EDIT: Ahem..Don't consider me a racist, but...Japanese should be kept away from cars, or Formula 1 will become more traumatic.
    How so?

That is 100% racist.
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

They should just end that circus once and for all, it doesn't matter if you have the car or the driver, just matters the ppl you know and how much money you have to win something in f1.

Congratulations to Kimi, shame he's on the wrong team.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post

Bring on 2008, we should be in for a treat this next few years...
    Indeed.

I wonder how Spyker (name change will occur, pending approval of FIA) will do next year, given that now they'll have quite a bit more money. I'd expect something like Redbull in 2005. Show some brilliance here and there, but nothing spectacular and have a quiet season.

I'll go out on a limb and say BMW for constructor champions in 2008

One of the most exciting seasons I've witnessed, great job Kimi
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Thread Information