Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda Civic Si Concept

Honda Civic Si Concept

Honda Civic Si Concept Makes World Debut at Chicago Auto Show
    200HP Civic Si Concept points at future direction for new 2006 Civic Si Coupe

Chicago 02/10/2005 -- The Civic Si Concept, making its world debut today at the Chicago Auto Show, provides a strong indication of the styling and performance direction for an all-new production Civic Si Coupe scheduled to debut later this year.

The production Civic Si Coupe will serve as the performance leader for a completely redesigned 2006 model Civic lineup that will feature more emotional styling, added performance and the latest generation of "intelligent" i-VTEC engine technology. The 2006 Civic lineup, launching this fall, will include a 4-door Sedan, a 2-door Coupe and Si Coupe, an even more fuel efficient Civic Hybrid and a natural-gas powered Civic GX.

The Civic Si Concept celebrates the 20th anniversary of the Civic Si legacy in the U.S. and builds on its performance heritage with a 200-horsepower, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC engine with an 8,000 rpm red line, mated to a close ratio 6-speed manual transmission. Helping to put all that power to the ground is a helical-type limited slip differential for improved launch traction and cornering performance.

Other performance features of the Civic Si Concept include 18-inch cast aluminum wheels, 225/40R18 high performance tires and 4-wheel disc brakes with large cross-drilled brake rotors and 4-piston Brembo calipers.
    "The 2006 Civic Si Coupe will be the most powerful, fastest and fun-to-drive Si we've ever put on the street, and the Civic Si Concept sets the direction in terms of its styling, package and performance," said John Mendel, senior vice president of American Honda. "It's part of a new family of Civic vehicles that build on the already class-leading values of the Civic in terms of safety, styling, performance and fuel efficiency."

Designed as an "Advanced Personal Compact," the Civic Si Concept incorporates a sweeping roofline and ultra-fast windshield rake that highlights the vehicle's advanced one-motion profile, low and wide stance, and superior aerodynamic performance. The long trunk deck, with its frontward sloping bumper, accents the forward motion conveyed by the overall vehicle shape. Wheel openings have been optimized to minimize the gap between the tire and the body. Special aerodynamic features include a full front and side aero kit, rear deck wing and a lower rear bumper diffuser with an integrated center exhaust system.

The 2006 Civic Si Coupe will be the sixth generation Si, which first appeared as a three-door hatchback in 1986 with subsequent Civic Si models appearing in 1989, 1992, 1999 and 2002. The production Si will make its world debut at the 2005 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in November. The Civic Si Concept was designed at Honda R&D America's Los Angeles design center.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Honda Civic Si Concept #2

Honda Civic Si Concept #3

Honda Civic Si Concept #4

Rice to the masses I do believe that black bonnets went out of fashion in the 70s with the Capri And Id like to see what aerodynamic advantages that wing really has.

Ummmmmm....no.

I quite like the body, i really like it. The bare body is kinds like an RSX-TL hybrib, classy, but sporty.
    And then, to make everything in vein, they threw on a (fake) cf hood and the useless wing, horrible. Good call honda, you ****ing idiots.

EDIT: My bad, that hood isnt fake cf. Its jsut black on silver, which is far worse because instead of imitating cf, its imitating FAKE cf... "WtF" is what everybody should be asking themselfs right now.

EDIT #2: Nvm, this is ONE japenses car that i wouldnt de-wing as soon as i got it, the wing is small, so its not that bad. Becides, you need SOMETHING to keep that raked back end down...

EDIT #3: Nice brakes... really...
    Last edited by PsychoChimp22; 02-10-2005 at 05:13 PM.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

if anyone i know considers buying that car, i will ask them which 3 limbs they would prefer to keep
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChimp22
    I quite like the body, i really like it. The bare body is kinds like an RSX-TL hybrib, classy, but sporty.
    And then, to make everything in vein, they threw on a (fake) cf hood and the useless wing, horrible. Good call honda, you ****ing idiots.

EDIT: My bad, that hood isnt fake cf. Its jsut black on silver, which is far worse because instead of imitating cf, its imitating FAKE cf... "WtF" is what everybody should be asking themselfs right now.

EDIT #2: Nvm, this is ONE japenses car that i wouldnt de-wing as soon as i got it, the wing is small, so its not that bad. Becides, you need SOMETHING to keep that raked back end down...
    I can understand imitating CF, but how can you imitate FAKE (as you say) CF ??

Regarding the wing:

Special aerodynamic features include a full front and side aero kit, rear deck wing and a lower rear bumper diffuser with an integrated center exhaust system.

I quite like it, looks nice IMO and I'm very happy to see Honda throwing some power into the Civics, hope the base model also has an HP improvement

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    if anyone i know considers buying that car, i will ask them which 3 limbs they would prefer to keep
    I'm glad I don't know you

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    I can understand imitating CF, but how can you imitate FAKE (as you say) CF ??

Regarding the wing:

I quite like it, looks nice IMO and I'm very happy to see Honda throwing some power into the Civics, hope the base model also has an HP improvement
    woo! now the ricing will be worse as they dont even need to buy a spoiler anymore, and they can also afford even worse disgusting paintjobs

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    I'm glad I don't know you
    ok......if anyone i dont like in the first place? lol

WOW! some nice styling there!

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    woo! now the ricing will be worse as they dont even need to buy a spoiler anymore, and they can also afford even worse disgusting paintjobs
    Stock wings always qualify as non-rice in my standards.

thats not the point. now they dont have to buy one, and they can spend their money on something else even ricier.

Thread Information