Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lenham

There were nicer Lola's than this one. There was a wingless T70 and a T70 Spyder, of which I will never forget the sound when it downchanged.
    Look how flat and wide that Lenham is. it just kept going all the way, faster and faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Ladies and gentlemen, the car we've all been waiting for. it's the one on the right
    UCPers come though again !!!!!

nice pic
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Hi,
    I love the Lenham GT.
    Is this a unique prototype or are some more cars out there ?
    I would love to buy one

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie-Darko
    Hi,
    I love the Lenham GT.
    Is this a unique prototype or are some more cars out there ?
    I would love to buy one
    this one was unique, and pretty fast too...and welcome to UCP
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    this one was unique, and pretty fast too...and welcome to UCP
    Hi Henk,

thank you. And thanks for the pics.
    Lenham build some cars for the road, I think. I have found this info in a book right now. For homologation, I believe.

Hi Henk,

thank you. And thanks for the pics.
    Lenham build some cars for the road, I think. I have found this info in a book right now. For homologation, I believe.
    If I am not mistaken, this is the only closed version, and it is officially named Lenham-Hurst GT. If you have more info that would be welcome. The car is now being campaigned in the European historics and my pics showed it at the 2005 Silverstone Classic. I believe some action pics are in here.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...tem.php&rid=78
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I have never come across this car in a book, so as far as I'm concerned, I will have to wait until I see the owner again somewhere this summer. I can ask him everything about this car, but that implies having to wait another 6 months...

Hi,

I found this info on the book "the complete encyclopedia of motorcars 1885 to the present". Over 750 pages and 4000 (!) makes. The book is over 30 years old. I dont know where can you get it in the present. Anyone know this book ?
    From the book:
    "... the tubular space-framed Lenham P70 GT (thats the official name) cars became quite well known on the tracks, and were offered in closed or open form." ..."for 1970, besides a formula ford model, three versions of the P80 spyder group 6 car were offered, the club model, the 2-litre european championship version with ford or bmw engine and the over 2-litre type. Sponsor Roger Hurst developed one of these with a 3-litre Repco engine, and it was entered as the Darnval for the 1972 Le Mans."
    Later came the type T80 and the P90 with bigblock chevrolet engine for the Can-Am series.
    I attached a P70 picture which I found on the internet and a P80 from 1972 (note the cool dude ). This is a scan from the book. I have a picture from a road-version P70, but I must scan it first.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,

I found this info on the book "the complete encyclopedia of motorcars 1885 to the present". Over 750 pages and 4000 (!) makes. The book is over 30 years old. I dont know where can you get it in the present. Anyone know this book ?
    From the book:
    "... the tubular space-framed Lenham P70 GT (thats the official name) cars became quite well known on the tracks, and were offered in closed or open form." ..."for 1970, besides a formula ford model, three versions of the P80 spyder group 6 car were offered, the club model, the 2-litre european championship version with ford or bmw engine and the over 2-litre type. Sponsor Roger Hurst developed one of these with a 3-litre Repco engine, and it was entered as the Darnval for the 1972 Le Mans."
    Later came the type T80 and the P90 with bigblock chevrolet engine for the Can-Am series.
    I attached a P70 picture which I found on the internet and a P80 from 1972 (note the cool dude ). This is a scan from the book. I have a picture from a road-version P70, but I must scan it first.
    would love to have that book, any more details? Is it in English or German?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    would love to have that book, any more details? Is it in English or German?
    The book is in english. The publisher is called "Ebury Press, London". First Edition 1968, my second Edition is from 1973.

I'd like to have the book too, I know the title, but never really got my hands on it. the closed verison is very cool indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I'd like to have the book too, I know the title, but never really got my hands on it. the closed verison is very cool indeed
    only 21 pound

http://www.ukbookworld.com/cgi-bin/o...irael%23000771

The book is in english. The publisher is called "Ebury Press, London". First Edition 1968, my second Edition is from 1973.
    I found a newer version of it that's available here. It's quite expensive as expected, 55,50 €, but for a good book or an encyclopedia it isn't that much. I think I could fit it in my tight budget. Is it really worth getting?
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

For those on not that tight a budget, this is the route to go down!

www.cottageclassics.co.uk

that is an interesting add, especially as he seems to imply that there are fake models around. The guy he refers to is the driver of the blue one, pictured elswhere in this thread, and putting A and B together, that might then be the real thiing...

Thread Information