Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor- Eminem Retiring-Rumor

Rumor- Eminem Retiring-Rumor

Sad news if true, hes a good rapper, o well, i guess we all have our time to go dont we?

Eminem's Early Retirement?

07/15/2005 7:52 PM, E! Online
    Charlie Amter

Has Eminem run out of encores?

The rapper is apparently ready to hang up his mike, at least according to a report Friday in his hometown newpaper, the Detroit Free Press.

Citing sources close to the platinum-selling hip-hop star, the Free Press says the real Slim Shady will play his last concert in Dublin on Sept. 17.

The report also speculates that the rapper's most recent release, Encore, will be his swan song, as he focuses on producing other rap artists.

Paul Rosenberg, Eminem's longtime manager, told the Press no final decision has been made regarding Em's future plans. However, Rosenberg did say that Encore, which topped the charts when released in November, was "certainly the cap on this part of his career." The rapper, known for his arch sense of humor, is pictured giving a final bow on the cover of the album and closes out the set with the track "Curtains Down."

If indeed Encore is his last official offering as Eminem, the 33-year-old, born Marshall Mathers III, will go out as the best-selling hip-hop artist of all time. His four solo studio albums--1999's The Slim Shady LP, 2000's The Marshall Mathers LP, 2002's The Eminem Show and Encore--have moved more than 25 million copies in the U.S. alone; he has generated sales of more than $1 billion worth of records.

He's also won nine Grammys to go along with Best Song Oscar for the 8 Mile track "Lose Yourself."

Eminem has already established himself as a deft A&R man and producer, guiding the debut release of mega-selling Shady Records artist 50 Cent, Get Rich or Die Tryin'. Em also produced two offerings from his Detroit rap crew D-12.

As with his other artists, Em will likely make a cameo on new protege Stat Quo's debut offering, Statlanta, due early next year on Shady/Aftermath. (Quo, who has been touring on Eminem and 50 Cent's Anger Management 3 trek, was hospitalized Wednesday after a tour bus crashed en route to a Denver concert. He is said to be recovering nicely and will likely rejoin the tour Sunday outside Seattle.

Of course, even if Eminem says he's giving up the spotlight, it might be easier said than done. He need look no further than Jay-Z, who announced his retirement from the rap game late last year and has already guested on one album and performed at the Live 8 concert earlier this month.

Ah well, he was good while he lasted... I guess

im pissed, iono what else i got after slim shady.

You will get flamed shortly, and flamed bad. Be prepared.

BTW, if his last song IS on September 17th, then he's going out on my birthday.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

yea i know, i know, but i dont care.

Hmmm....he had a few good ones. I forgot what it was called, but the song that used the chorus of "Dream On" (Aerosmith) was actually quite good, and his other songs that were like that. Then again, he also had alot of the violent "HEY I HAVE A LARGE EGO!" type crap. But as one of the few rappers who could make a song like the Dream On one, I will miss him.....I hate how so few rappers can get off the fact that they used to be poor and are now rich with big fancy houses, and how they are fancy, and why they are fancy, along with their shoes. Or how most rappers just rap about how they have such a big ego that if someone took a tiny shot at their ego, the only way to deal with the guy was to kill them brutally even though it is for almost no apparent reason.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Well, he is one of the only rappers I can listen to. When he goes, all rap will be crap IMO.
    On a Good day, Chris Bangle designs the Fiat Coupe.
    On a Bad day, he designs a BMW.

R.I.P Richard Burns.

i used to listen to eminem a lot, and i still dont mind listening to it unlike most rap. he was pretty good.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

He knows the value of a worthwhile backing track and to not overpower it, a good rapper is a percussion track over a tune. That's the real art, not crapping on about who-cares-what over some lame excuse for a beat.

yea

dam no flamers so far, i wonder who will be the first one, i will put their name here - mustang -
    Last edited by Orefus; 07-16-2005 at 12:18 PM.

i dont really like his music but i think we need someone to say what he says.
    Eminem's bus crashed on the highway not far from my house! His driver was speeding heavily and tried too over take a semi by swerving on the shoulder. his flipped and rolled into oncoming traffic. only two people were hurt tho thank god. traffic was blocked for two hours
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

to be honest i couldnt give a flying f00k
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Thank god,

"they dont even know the name of my band"

sod off.
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

when you start making songs about "an ass like that" and talking about hilary duff's ass you KNOW your career is over
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

duffs ass??? wut u mean

Thread Information