Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Superbird

I wonder who drove the Ferrari unless he trailerd the cars there because his wifes gone. Im not a big devers fan but I like Yark better my dad knows him pretty well.

Pretty eventful show. Some guy with a beefed up RT/10 decided to do a 360 right on the 5 lane road in front of the dealership, there was a fender bender 20 feet from the show, the pro stock car and exhibition racer regularly started up and the pro stock car blew some guys hat off his head and flew 40 feet away, and it got so packed we were piling cars on top of eachother, the isles were filled with cars and if you wanted to leave it was a safe bet about 6 people had to move before you could do so

PS My dad sold his 440 6pack roadrunner to Jim Yark back in 84 or 85 after he blew up the engine on the highway. A guy drove the ferrari and a woman was in the passenger side some time after we got there and the superbird was there before us, I don't think anyone else within a good distance owns either a superbird or ferrari 360, or I would've seen them.
    Last edited by "Clevor" Angel; 10-02-2005 at 02:26 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Yeah a 360 is a very rare car around here btw where do u live? He must of went back to get the ferrari. What gearbox did the car have 6 speed or F1? I geuss yarks got a whole barn for off cars my dad says. Hes got a little bit of everything in there.

It was a 6 speed. I wont narrow my location down to much but North of Toledo Ohio and South of Petersberg and Monroe Michigan. My dad tells me Yark sold the roadrunner years ago.
    Last edited by "Clevor" Angel; 10-02-2005 at 02:44 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

I live in whitehouse. Just left of waterville and behind monclova ha. But yeah i want to ride in gregs superbird if you ever want to see a fast car ride ask him for a ride in his road race mustang. All i have to say is damn....

I was hoping to ask him about the mustangs but I didn't see him. Isn't he tall and chubby with grey hair? (although on second thought who in the car world DOESN'T look that)
    Last edited by "Clevor" Angel; 10-02-2005 at 02:57 PM.

Does he know you because i dont want him to like how the hell did you hear about my cobra. If you ask him say the blue cobra cuz hes got atleast 2 cobras

wtf is up with that spoiler? i saw it on gt4 its so stupid, how much duz it weigh? just the spoiler...duz it even do anything?
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    wtf is up with that spoiler? i saw it on gt4 its so stupid, how much duz it weigh? just the spoiler...duz it even do anything?
    Are you referring to the Superbird? It's a *stabilizer* (don't call it a "spoiler") and it definitely did something. I don't know what it weighs, but it was bolted to the car and could support the weight of a man sitting on top of it. What's "stupid" are the rear spoilers/stabilizers on Japanese cars with 120 horsepower!
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

lol well thats fair enough then, still does the weight justify it? isnt it made of aluminium or something? heavy.
    All about the t-tops

ur dad has a ferrari btw
    All about the t-tops

its not my ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    lol well thats fair enough then, still does the weight justify it? isnt it made of aluminium or something? heavy.
    The extra weight really isn't going to make much difference on a 4,000-lb car!
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

The whole setup is cast aluminium and the wing bolts to directly the the frame with steel brackets inside the trunk. I think everything weighs about 65lbs (29kgs). Yes it does justify the weight because without the wing the car could only reach 180mph(at least none of the drivers would push it any farther due to instablility at speed) or so but with it, the rear wheels were much more effective and wouldn't get squirrly at speed so an experienced driver could get it over 200mph.

I don't think there are to many things in racing(within regulations) worth more than even 10mph (16kph)

ahh the 70's those were the days gas was 25 cents a gallon. Cars had 400 hp and smoked german italion and every other import.

Thread Information