Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cisitalia 202, Fiat 8V ist series, Fiat 1100 S MM, 1100 ES wanted

Cisitalia 202, Fiat 8V ist series, Fiat 1100 S MM, 1100 ES wanted

I got a very lucrative offer on my ISO Grifo yesterday

I promised myself only to sell it if I could buy myself one off the above mentioned cars

Problem is that they will cost more than my Grifo
    I would like to purchase therefore either a cheap car, or a projectcar if possible

Has anybody seen something like that for sale recently ?
    www.classicpassion.nl

sorry for the question, but what's the price of iso grifo, cisitalia 202 and fiat 8V these days?
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by Sei cilindri

I promised myself only to sell it if I could buy myself one off the above mentioned cars

I would like to purchase therefore either a cheap car, or a projectcar if possible

wow, that was the last thing i would have expectd from you,after you clearly stated that you would never sell it

edit: eBay turned out nothing. Lets hope you find a 8v i absolutely LOVE the cars looks

http://search.sothebys.com/
    http://www.barrett-jackson.com/
    http://www.bonhams.com/

do some searches here
    another edit: barret-jackson has no cars,which you are looking for

yet another edit:
    http://www.marreyt-classics.com/autosdetail.cfm?ID=302

check this 8v for sale out !!!

edit once more:
    this site is actually quite good
    http://www.italparts.com/index_italparts.php?url=http://www.italparts.com/details.php?id=6782&plaats=2907&prijs=&item=24&sta tus=&garage=&type=&terug=/overzicht.php?id=2907^page=2

cisialia 202 for sale !!!!
    Last edited by drakkie; 12-15-2005 at 09:20 AM.

Your Iso Grifo; can you let me know if a superior bid is possible? Dependong of course that it is a running extravaganza?

Quote Originally Posted by D'ARTOIS
    Your Iso Grifo; can you let me know if a superior bid is possible? Dependong of course that it is a running extravaganza?
    Well , I am not actively trying to sell my Grifo for as Drakkie mentioned I had no intention on ever selling it

Nevertheless I got an offer of Euro 62.000 Euro for my car which is a good offer (I was offered 175.000 DM for the car back in 1989 but that was before the super car bubble bursted)
    Ofcourse I would consider a better offer but either way I would want to have the possibility to aquire one of my ultimate dream cars for els ethere would be no point selling it

Anyway, that set me thinking again as I really love the first series 8V with the Carozzeria Speciale coachwerk

To tell you the truth, Drakkie , I do not want a Zagato bodied 8V. I think this is the least pretty of the bunch (which does not mean that I do not liek it but there were some many beautiful bodies on this car)

As for prices : anywere from 120.000 to 500.000 Euro I would say
    Last edited by Sei cilindri; 12-15-2005 at 02:33 PM.
    www.classicpassion.nl

No, sei cilindri, that is out of my budget, I had a Rivolta, back in '75 or '76 with the Chrysler V8 - bought it for 6000 fl - never assumed those high prices of today.
    My sister mailed me (from France) that they have dicovered a Bugatti 56 not far away from her farm and that they have sold it for an amazing euro 300.000 - if I may believe her (which I don't usualy).

yes ,a good (not concours) Iso Grifo will set you back between 45 and 65 K I would say and big blocks fetch even more

Of course the Rivolta is worth considerably less, I would say half that amount at most as the design is less "supercar" and more down to earth

I think you do not remember the engine correct btw
    Most Iso sportscars were fitted with modified Chevrolet engines
    The last years , i believe from '70 on till they went bankrupt in '74 they used Ford engines
    They claimed that GM could or would not supply the right stuff , but i suspect by then they had already financial trouble

Chrysler V8 engines were fitted to Facel Vega and Jensen
    www.classicpassion.nl

You must be right. This Rivolta had a Ford V8 - I remember that now, I believe to remember that it had a Shelby block. I had a De Tomaso Deauville - very shortly - I had to sell it for financial reasons a few weeks after I bought the car.
    Once, I bought a Facel Vega for little money with a burst V8 - that was the Chrysler.

Is there someone who remembers the late Carel Mumm from Zandvoort in the forum?

Just curiosity.

Can't help you on that (though my 2300 in the avatar belonged to H Hugenholtz sr, founder of Zandvoort) but you owned some pretty interesting cars in your day.

Most of them rather short I understand but nevertheless..
    www.classicpassion.nl

Can't help you on that (though my 2300 in the avatar belonged to H Hugenholtz sr, founder of Zandvoort) but you owned some pretty interesting cars in your day.

Most of them rather short I understand but nevertheless..
    That is interesting, I know Hans Hugenholtz Jr, he might be interested to see his father's old car and knowing that it is still around. Good to know that Sr. had a Fiat, I remember he did road test in a magazine called Wereldkroniek, and he extremely enthusiastic about the Glas 1300/1700GT. I thought he might have had one of those.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It was a red one I believe. I lived for a long time in Zandvoort before I went to Africa.
    And yes, I had a number of interestinmg cars, certainly for todays standards, bu then it was often a struggle, my money came and went by waves / and sometimes I had to sell my car either for profit or out of pure need. But I had a good source and I was never without something special. My NSU RO80 I kept for a very long time / it was the most comfortable car I ever had, although its mechanical weakness was second to none. The oilpump caused the most problems. There was a small garage in Utrecht that could do the job, even at a modest price but the car remained unreliable. But when it ran, it ran wonderful. At 200 km-h effortless on the German autobahn...... allas.... memories....

@ Henk

The car is in the proces of a full rebuild to concours condition
    I have to confess that it is that way for many years but each year if finisch more components and by now most components such as engine, differential, gearbox, brakes ,interiour etc are completely ready
    I hope to start installing it in the car at the end of next year but alas business always comes first

The car is in primer at the moment but it will be restored to its original goldisch colour. It has been resprayed red in the early seventies though but that did not suit the car.

I own the car for about 12 years now and only last week I got around to contacting Mr Hugenholtz jr (I just phoned his business and he called me back)
    He was very positive and promissed me to look for the history details on the car such as pictures and logbook he was shure to still own and promised to call me back, talking of coincendence !

As a matter of fact my action was triggered by an e mail from Mrs J Leonard Lang, former importer of Fiat cars in the Netherlands as they were the first owners of the car for the first 12.000 km !

@ d Artois

I too have a soft spot for a NSU RO 80
    They were lightyears ahead of anything the competition could offer then
    Nowadays the NSU rotary engines can be made reliable by modern technology
    Oosterhuis in Axel e.g. has a reputation for rebuilding rolls royce cars but also for doing RO 80 engines

Why don't you purchase a RO 80 and have him sort out the engine ?
    Last edited by Sei cilindri; 12-21-2005 at 06:18 AM.
    www.classicpassion.nl

Uh Henk , BTW
    He was also extremely positive of the 2300 coupe and it was his principal transport for many years

There is an 5 page article in the Automobiel, back in the late 80's in which he was reunited with the car and that brought back some fond memories, perhaps you have read it
    www.classicpassion.nl

Uh Henk , BTW
    He was also extremely positive of the 2300 coupe and it was his principal transport for many years

There is an 5 page article in the Automobiel, back in the late 80's in which he was reunited with the car and that brought back some fond memories, perhaps you have read it
    no I did not see that, but if you need private pics of Mr. H Sr. I can provide them to you
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

always interested in that Henk, especially as he was born in the very small village I was born in
    I always heard the stories my father told about him ,e.g the conversion of an OM he had carried out by the local blacksmith which was my nabour (retired by the time I was born)
    www.classicpassion.nl

Thread Information