Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini vs Swift

Lamborghini vs Swift

Who will win?!

Dunno if this is a repost, it didn't come up in a search...

The road rage incident started with a glance and quickly became one of the more bizarre pursuits on Sydney's roads.

As the driver of a yellow Lamborghini sat in peak hour traffic in Homebush at around 8.20am yesterday he flashed an annoyed look at the driver of a Suzuki Swift, who was booming music out of his car stereo, say police.

It was hardly a call to arms, but his frown provoked a 30-minute pursuit along Parramatta Road from Homebush to Glebe as the Lamborghini attempted to get away from the clearly agitated driver of the Suzuki, who tailgated the supercar and at one point even attempted to ram it.

"The Suzuki Swift was changing lanes, getting behind the Lamborghini and tailgating and also coming beside the Lamborghini at lights and revving [his car] and yelling at the driver," Inspector Sue Trusty of Glebe Police told smh.com.au.

Despite being hopelessly outclassed by the supercar, the driver of the diminutive hatchback managed to pursue the Lamborghini through heavy traffic to Glebe, where the frightened driver flagged down a police car.

Police were unable to catch the Suzuki as it sped down a side street and disappeared.

The shaken Lamborghini driver lodged an incident report with officers at Glebe police station, leaving his car parked in Talfourd Street in a restricted area reserved for police cars.

He was then given a lift home by police, leaving the luxury vehicle to be picked up by his company.

Inspector Trusty suggested the driver of the Suzuki may have been suffering from delusions of grandeur during the pursuit.

"When they were stopping at lights he was the one revving up. He must have been delirious if he thought he was going to drag [the Lamborghini] off."

The high-end Lamborghini, one of only 60 in Australia, can reach 100kmh in 4.3 seconds and has a top speed of over 300kmh. The Suzuki Swift hits 100/kmh in 10.0 seconds and has a top speed of 190kmh.

Police inquiries are continuing.

roflmao.

only in sydney...
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

bloody New South Welshmen.......i knew they couldn't drive but this takes the cake.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

A Lambo driver who can't escape a Swift, and police drivers who can't catch a Swift
    I wonder if there are different Swifts down under or just more shitty drivers
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel
    A Lambo driver who can't escape a Swift, and police drivers who can't catch a Swift
    I wonder if there are different Swifts down under or just more shitty drivers
    in heavy traffic, my money is on the swift
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

go.pawel; along that road at that time in the morning you have very heavy peak hour traffic and I suspect the Swift driver had some minor ego issues around the Lambo
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

one word: heroic
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

I saw a documentary about the Autobahn, where mocking or insulting other motorists is considered a ticketable offense. Not that the same laws apply in Sydney...

The Lambo driver did admit to giving the Swift driver a 'dirty' look. So, it was him that initially made a negative connection with the Swift driver. Then again, it could be argued that the Swift driver made a nuisance of himself first by blaring his radio. I think the Lambo driver is a little out of touch with reality, this type of impromptu ego-wrestling happens all the time. How is it that if the Lambo driver did feel threatened he didn't move to a slower lane and let the 'heroic' Swiftman gain victory over him.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    I saw a documentary about the Autobahn, where mocking or insulting other motorists is considered a ticketable offense. Not that the same laws apply in Sydney...

The Lambo driver did admit to giving the Swift driver a 'dirty' look. So, it was him that initially made a negative connection with the Swift driver. Then again, it could be argued that the Swift driver made a nuisance of himself first by blaring his radio. I think the Lambo driver is a little out of touch with reality, this type of impromptu ego-wrestling happens all the time. How is it that if the Lambo driver did feel threatened he didn't move to a slower lane and let the 'heroic' Swiftman gain victory over him.
    Yep, it was actually a clash of two egos. And yes, the offense on the German autobahn is called "Noetigung" which inlcudes such things as tailgating, flashing, approaching with very high speed and braking very late. Showing the finger falls under the same category and being impolite to a police officer can easily set you back with 500 Euros less in your pocket
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

the suzuki probably had NOS and stickers that gave it 300hp, and a ricer exhaust.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Yep, it was actually a clash of two egos. And yes, the offense on the German autobahn is called "Noetigung" which inlcudes such things as tailgating, flashing, approaching with very high speed and braking very late. Showing the finger falls under the same category and being impolite to a police officer can easily set you back with 500 Euros less in your pocket
    AFAIK that stuff is illegal everywhere.

They don't all have one law that covers all of that behaviour. I assume goosestepping and making "that" salute are still illegal? Many many english people will be arrested this summer....

funny as hell but if the lambo driver really wanted to get away he should have tried second gear.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    if the Lambo driver did feel threatened he didn't move to a slower lane and let the 'heroic' Swiftman gain victory over him.
    read the article properly. the swift driver was HARRASSING the lambo, not trying to drag him. he was trying to HIT the car.

It was hardly a call to arms, but his frown provoked a 30-minute pursuit along Parramatta Road from Homebush to Glebe as the Lamborghini attempted to get away from the clearly agitated driver of the Suzuki, who tailgated the supercar and at one point even attempted to ram it.

"The Suzuki Swift was changing lanes, getting behind the Lamborghini and tailgating and also coming beside the Lamborghini at lights and revving [his car] and yelling at the driver," Inspector Sue Trusty of Glebe Police
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

think i literally shat myself laughing just now

seriously that is the funniest thing ever... and yes id bet a swift (esp a decently modified GTi) could keep up through early sydney traffic quite easily.

Ive done the same thing in my car when someone in a porsche or something similar gives me the "look at the tough boy racer, what a dickhead" look.

- "Whats the retail on one of those?"
    - "More then you can afford pal!"
    - "smoke em"
    and i do...
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information