Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybach 57 2002-2013

Maybach 57 2002-2013

Maybach at the Paris Motor Show: European premiere of the luxury saloons Maybach 57 and Maybach 62

Automotive masterpiece with a new dimension of luxury and comfort

Trailblazing technical innovations by Mercedes-Benz as standard

Extensive luxury appointments for individual customer requirements

From standstill to 100 km/h in 5.2 seconds with a 550 hp biturbo engine

Ten airbags and the SBC™ braking system for exemplary safety

Paris, Sep 26, 2002
    At the "Mondial de l'Automobile Paris 2002", the luxury automobile brand Maybach is unveiling two high-end saloons to the European public: the Maybach 62 - which already made its much-acclaimed world debut in New York in early July - and the Maybach 57, which is being presented for the first time.
    The model badges denote the respective lengths of these unique, super-luxury vehicles: 6.17 metres in the case of the Maybach 62 and 5.73 metres in the case of the Maybach 57

Equipped with the automotive technology of the 21st century, crafted in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and designed with scrupulous attention to detail, the new Maybach saloons reflect the expertise of DaimlerChrysler as the world's most innovative and tradition-steeped vehicle manufacturer while benefiting from the technical leadership, know-how and unique experience of its sister-brand Mercedes-Benz in the worldwide luxury car segment.

The Maybach defines the standards at the very peak of the passenger car market, at the same time continuing the tradition of the legendary Maybach automobiles which were among the elite in German and international automotive engineering together with Mercedes-Benz during the 1920s and 1930s.

Trailblazing innovations so far uniquely available in Mercedes-Benz vehicles have undergone further development for the Maybach and are included in the standard equipment: the electrohydraulic braking system Sensotronic Brake Control (SBC™), the electronically controlled air suspension system AIRMATIC DC (Dual Control), LINGUATRONIC voice control, the operating and display system COMAND APS and the automatic emergency call system TELEAID.

These are complemented by further masterpieces of automotive engineering which were specifically developed for the Maybach and substantiate its claim to the high-end position in the luxury car segment: the "Type 12" engine (405 kW/ 550 hp), which delivers more power and torque than any other standard-production saloon car engine in the world, a 600 Watt sound system with Dolby surround sound at every seat, a highly efficient four-zone climate control system with two separate air conditioners and - exclusive to the Maybach 62 - innovative and comfortable fully-reclining seats in the rear.

Design: a perfect balance of classic and avant-garde features

In the new Maybach technological excellence is combined with equally unique elegance, aesthetics and design perfection. The harmonious interplay of form, colour and materials lends these high-end saloons a design quality which accentuates their serene character and gives them an unmistakable identity. The Maybach is a highly elegant embodiment of greatness; its special stylistic appeal derives from a perfect balance of classic and avantgarde features. The lines of the Maybach hold a timeless appeal – an ideal which applies to both the exterior and interior design. In every sense of the word this makes the new Maybach an automobile for life.

The highest quality materials – among them more than 100 exquisitely crafted and hand-fitted items of exotic wood trim – embellish the interior, whose design was guided by one overriding objective: the greatest possible comfort and wellbeing for all the passengers.

This is achieved not just by the capacious size of the interior, which has an overall length of 2.25/2.68 metres but also by the sumptuous comfort of the seating and climate and by the virtual absence of noise, all of which adds up to a truly exceptional motoring experience.

Individuality: over 2 million permutations

Everything which even the most demanding travellers might require in the way of entertainment, communication and sheer pleasure during a journey in the Maybach is included as standard: from a DVD player to a TV receiver, from a refrigerated compartment to a cordless telephone with two handsets. At the same time the extensive range of standard equipment leaves plenty of scope for individuality – another way in which the luxury brand is following the tradition of the legendary Maybach cars of earlier years:

The extensive range of standard and optional equipment gives Maybach customers over two million ways of equipping their high-end luxury car to their personal taste. All this can also be complemented with high-quality accessory items which have been specifically developed for the Maybach – from a custom-made luggage set to a champagne goblet of sterling silver, from a humidor to a golf bag and from floor mats of the finest velour to a fluffy travel rug.

Maybach customers have a choice of six Grand nappa leather colours and three types of fine wood.

A range of 17 paint finishes is available for the exterior, and as a further elegant feature of the Maybach these may be combined to produce a two-tone colour scheme.

Approx. two dozen additional extras are available as technical equipment to satisfy personal requests or requirements. These include further, exclusive Mercedes innovations for even greater comfort and travelling enjoyment – for example the proximity control system DISTRONIC, the access and locking system KEYLESS-GO or active seat ventilation.
    Because the Maybach is made in the modern "Manufaktur" – a manufacturing facility in which craftsmanship plays a major part - and in very small numbers averaging five vehicles per day, it is possible to meet further individual customer requirements and thereby make each of these luxury cars unique in its own way.

Engine: peak values for output and torque

The newly developed engine reflects the long years of experience and great expertise of DaimlerChrysler in the development, design and production of twelve-cylinder power units. With a displacement of 5.5 litres, and with the help of twin turbocharging, the Maybach engine develops an output of 405 kW/550 hp, with a maximum torque of 900 Newton metres already available from 2300 rpm. This gives the "Type 12" power unit a higher output and more torque than any other standard-production saloon car engine in the world. Thanks to three-valve technology and highly efficient catalytic converters it already complies with the strict exhaust EU 4 emission limits which come into force in 2005.

These high output and torque values guarantee effortless Maybach performance in any situation: the Maybach 57 accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in just 5.2 seconds, and thanks to the high torque a sprint from 60 to 120 km/h takes only 6.2 seconds.

Safety: occupant protection with ten airbags

In addition to a highly sophisticated body structure, the exemplary safety technology of this high-end luxury motor car includes a total of ten airbags - two adaptive airbags with two-stage gas generators for the front occupants, four sidebags and two large windowbags on each side of the interior. The automatic comfort-fit three-point seat belts, high-performance belt tensioners and belt force limiters are integrated into the seats and can therefore develop their full protective action in any position.

By virtue of these sophisticated safety features the new Maybach passes the stringent crash tests prescribed by the European and American NCAP (New Car Assessment Program) with flying colours.

The Maybach's high level of active safety is assisted by the innovative Sensotronic Brake Control (SBC™) braking system developed by Mercedes-Benz, which features two central control units, two high-pressure reservoirs and two hydraulic units in the case of the Maybach. This means that these high-end cars are equipped with a total of eight braking circuits, while internally ventilated front disc brakes, each with two callipers, ensure reliable deceleration.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Maybach 57 #2

Maybach 57 #3

Maybach 57 #4

Maybach 57 #5

Maybach 57 #6

Maybach 57 #7

Maybach 57 #8

Maybach 57 #9

Maybach 57 #10

Maybach 57 #11

Maybach 57 #12

Maybach 57 #13

Maybach 57 #14

Maybach 57 #15

Thread Information