Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron World Speed Challenge

Bugatti Veyron World Speed Challenge

At last we have word in from Castrol, sponsors of The World Production Car Speed Challenge.

As you know the Koenigsegg CCX currently holds the official record in this category.

Plans were all set for Bugatti to contest this record in October 2006 but due to an extreme climatic setback across Europe, the whole show was cancelled and nothing further developed.

Well, at last I've received word from Castrol that there is a "GO" scheduled tentatively for 1st September, 2007.

Why are we waiting so close to the winter onslaught again?? 'Cause the entire track surface of the Ehra-Lessien track in Germany is being upgraded.

There are some very interesting speed monitoring devices being used by Guiness, the official timekeepers of the event. Among these are numerous navigational satelite links which will be connected to onboard computers inside the car. Apparently timing will be done to within fractions of a second.

Well, if the snow and sleet abate long enough to allow the run, we might just see a new record being set.

I'll keep you posted

Bug
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Glisson; 06-11-2007 at 02:40 AM.
    Bugattitude
    "Nothing is too beautiful, nothing is too expensive"
    Ettore Bugatti

Koenigsegg has been invited to this, along with the SSC from the US as Bugatti is of the belief they will win.

Koenigsegg is very happy to accept the invitation, however.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Can we make this a poll? just for fun?

Who gon' win?

1. Veyron
    2. Ksegg
    3. SSC
    4. Viper/Corvette mod
    5. Other (but be realistic)

4 and 5 have not been invited so I'd consider them highly unlikely to be there....
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

What a preposterous idea.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

this depends, because they have invited koenigsegg, which car do they take because i know top gear crashed the first bio ethanol car but if koenigsegg could get another built i place my money it would win hands down because it now has the extra power which hopefully would let it smash it's record however if it's a standard ccx/ccr then im not so sure.

To me the whole concept of building production cars that do these speeds is preposterous. So preposterosity may as well adorn the pages of UCP.lol
    Bugattitude
    Ettore Bugatti

Quote Originally Posted by Glisson View Post
    To me the whole concept of building production cars that do these speeds is preposterous. So preposterosity may as well adorn the pages of UCP.lol
    Not entirely. The Mclaren F1's top speed record was mostly just a nice little detail that would aid the car in achieving its real goal for which it was built, designed and tuned uncompromisingly. Fast track times.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

A modified Saleen S7 could add to the competition.
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

The K bio ethanol I don't believe was classified as a standard production number.
    The rules applied to fully production car are rather stringent and no modifications or weight adjustments are tolerated.
    The vehicle has to be totally standard as you would find it on a showroom floor.
    Also a certain number need to be produced in order to qualify.
    Bugattitude
    Ettore Bugatti

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Well we all know the Veyron can achieve the 407 km/h to which it remains limited. What I would like to know is what happens if that limiter is removed from the car.. I'm guessing it won't be allowed for this run because cars must remain as they would be on the dealer floor but has anyone tried? I guess though to try it in a 1.5 mill car is out there, but surely someone...
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Quote Originally Posted by aiasib View Post
    4. Viper/Corvette mod
    Since you put #4 i guess my suggestion for #5 would be very much acceptable to you.

SKYLINEZ OWNZ GTAR 34Z 1300 HORZEPOWA NIZMO XX4XRS-SSR

Sorry, I'm just really thru with those hennesy shit.. and they're everywhere.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

I'd love to see a Weineck Cobra out there just busting all the aboves butts from 0 - 100 !! To dickens with top speed !

Apparently, and I stand to be corrected here, the limitations set on the Veyron were to comply with certain restraints set on vehicles travelling on US roads. There was already one helluva hooha about the seat belts not complying and Bugatti were applying, like Ferrari, for an exemption as modifying the belts to comply was going to cost...and wait for this...
    $ 120,000 !!! Can you bloody believe it ! That's the price of a brand new Shelby !
    They were actually appealing because this additional cost was going to affect their sales potential in the US !!
    It's weird out there !

The Weineck Cobra - most powerful production car in the world. German engineering beyond the best !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Glisson; 06-11-2007 at 12:06 PM.
    Bugattitude
    Ettore Bugatti

Quote Originally Posted by bmwpower View Post
    What I would like to know is what happens if that limiter is removed from the car.
    I was talking to a dealer in milwaukee who works for Volkswagon. During an inservice, they said the veyron, if the limited was removed the veyron is capable of 270.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Glisson View Post
    I agree.

My uncle's Visa does a million miles an hour.

Just for the preposterosity thing.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information