Thread: Batracer, free online based manager game

Batracer, free online based manager game

Okay, it's a bit different, but I like it very much:

Batracer:
    F1 Manager Game - BATracer 2009 - free multiplayer motorsport webgame

You can compete as a driver in the 2009 F1 season, but there are other classes aswell, like other years of F1, GP2, Indycar, DTM and many more.

The game is kind of manager based, but you compete as a driver. Working on a racesetup together with a teammate you can try to win the pole and the races. The site also keeps track of all the records what makes it brilliant for me (I'm a statistics fan).

Started playing about a 2 months ago and it's very addictive
    Driver for the Team Ultimatecarpage.competition GTR Evolution racing team.

Nice to see this game get some exposure. I play it too and am currently in a Trans Am series in the AMC Javelin

This looks very cool. I really like these manager type games. Thanks for sharing.

We had a bunch of these with local UCP competitions a year or two ago. Got popular then started to die down. I'm willing to give it a go if we get another UCP wide group going
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Rocke, I'm down.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    That sounds so awesome. But I'd like to know more on how it all works. Is it like a video game but only on the internet?
    (We should have Team UCP.)
    I think I'm going to register for that.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    That sounds so awesome. But I'd like to know more on how it all works. Is it like a video game but only on the internet?
    (We should have Team UCP.)
    I think I'm going to register for that.
    No u go thru a series of events like practice then qualifying then warm up and finally the race. practice and warm up gives u a chance to work w/ ur teammates and get ur car set ups down. Then like the computer sims qualifying and the race depending on how well ur car is set up. It doesn't sound that fun since u don't get to drive the car urself but it really is quite entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    It doesn't sound that fun since u don't get to drive the car urself but it really is quite entertaining
    It's a management game. It's about strategy. I like the idea. I did GPRO* for one season and I really enjoyed it... even though I finished 15th .
    Last edited by LTSmash; 09-04-2009 at 04:16 PM.

I'm going away on holiday tomorrow, but when I'm back I can set up a private game if you guys are interested in that

One of my favourites is the Indy 500, done about 5 now, but my best finish so far is 20th
    Driver for the Team Ultimatecarpage.competition GTR Evolution racing team.

I've just started an F1 2009 season. I'm with Renault and I've ended the practice session at Melbourne in 5th with my teammate in 1st.

So, here's a mini review of BATracer after my first F1 race in Melbourne.

Once you start into a season you select a few attributes for your driver from a list; some RPG like elements I suppose. You are able to strategize with the setup of the car by running in practice sessions; tinkering with tires, suspension, aero, tire pressure, etc. Qualifying is the standard 3 knockout sessions where you have to use Q3 strategy for the race as usual. You also set up pit stops, which tires to use, when to pit when safety car comes out, etc.

To the race, I qualified 10th out of 20 and my teammate was 9th. Now I finished 11th but would have finished 8th had I not had an incident on lap 53 of 58 forcing me to make a quick pit stop (it said I messed up at a corner and I think the reason was my worn-out tires). My teammate finished first by having a good pit strategy, think I stayed out a few laps too long on my first stint. The race (unlike GPRO) doesn't take place in real time, I think a computer puts all the race data together in the space of about 3 or 4 minutes and that's it. You then view the race lap by lap seeing your times, position, mistakes, and all that other analytical race stuff. The race feedback is great to see how your car matched up with competitors.

One flaw I do see though. There is this one time optional pay feature called Kool Tools which offers much more in-depth content to the game. One being a 2d overhead map where you can watch the race to see overtaking and incidents. Also, customizable helmet and car schemes and a database for race setups are included if you pay.

Either way, it's not so bad. GPRO required a lot more time an effort as there was money management involved with that.

Worth a look into, a little UCP sponsored private racing season wouldn't be so bad either.

Quite an appropriate time to find this site again after a bit of an absence (though one could argue I wasn't too active before that either ).

I was in the earlier UCP BATRacer seasons, actually this forum is where I originally found the game. Needless to say I'm in if there'll be another private season.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    One flaw I do see though. There is this one time optional pay feature called Kool Tools which offers much more in-depth content to the game. One being a 2d overhead map where you can watch the race to see overtaking and incidents. Also, customizable helmet and car schemes and a database for race setups are included if you pay.
    I don't see KT as a flaw, the features you mentioned aren't very useful and I don't think many of the players would have paid for those. The main thing with KT is that you get to play more games at once. Then there's some features to make it easier to cope with say 12 games at the same time, such as a tool for converting setups for wet weather and back.

And it's a smallish one time payment, some people play far less interesting games with a monthly fee...

Thread Information