Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tinting windows

In some coutries tinting is illegal, because it obstructs the drivers view to the road, especially at night.

Making windows black sometimes looks a bit weird. I like the tinting that some Mercs have from the factory. They have a blue-ish shade that is just visible. It gives a very classy feel to a luxury car. Especially if you see the leather inside

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    In some coutries tinting is illegal, because it obstructs the drivers view to the road, especially at night.
    Over here it's illegal to have the front windows tinted because the authorities must be able to see your face. But I'm talking about the really dark tinted windows, normal tinted windows are legal up to a certain percentage of tint. They have to let through 70% of the light IIRC.

That said, those very dark non-factory tints look ridiculous and ricey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    Over here it's illegal to have the front windows tinted because the authorities must be able to see your face. But I'm talking about the really dark tinted windows, normal tinted windows are legal up to a certain percentage of tint. They have to let through 70% of the light IIRC.

That said, those very dark non-factory tints look ridiculous and ricey.
    i wouldn't mind some of the darker tint simply because its supposed to block out a lot of solar heat, which is important since my car is like a glasshouse and appears to focus the summer sun onto the drivers seat
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    i wouldn't mind some of the darker tint simply because its supposed to block out a lot of solar heat, which is important since my car is like a glasshouse and appears to focus the summer sun onto the drivers seat
    If you want to block out heat then you need heat resistant windows which are something else than tinted windows. All of our cars have them. Even my Clio !

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    If you want to block out heat then you need heat resistant windows which are something else than tinted windows. All of our cars have them. Even my Clio !
    and the vast majority of cars has an airco too these days
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

True, but altough the temperature can be made low with an airco those non-heat resistant windows still give you a warm feeling when the sun shines directly on them that can't be "cooled down" by an airco. If you catch my drift.

That said, I can't imagine a car without aircon.

If you want to stick your window films, this step-by-step photoguide can be really helpful for you:

http://www.tuningmag.net/?name=windo...l-for-your-car

Thread Information