Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't decide

Hey I drove both a 07mazdaspeed3 and a subie. The subie is much quieter and the mazda handles great (in the dry). If I didn't have to drive in the snow it would be the mazda hands down. VERY powerful but louder.

I'd prefer the 3 because they are more easy to live with. Mazda's are generally pretty good, but if you can try upgrading to a MS6 if you can find the money. Good luck, and enjoy your new car!
    Signature removed, no spam allowed.

I wasnt impressed with the mazdaspeed only recent fwd car to impress me was the megane (i was equally at awe at its grunt and how astonishingly ugly it was at the same time) i found the mazda some what doughy and it lacked feel and charactor soem cars have it and others like the mazda dont (all imo it still wasnt a bad car just not me)

I havent drivan a suby since the bug eyed model so its hard to make a statement on that one from what ive heard and read its much better along with the fact that if its the same as the bugeyed car (only more refined and improved in most areas) it should be a hands down winner here.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by #3 Tasman Bloke View Post
    I'd prefer the 3 because they are more easy to live with. Mazda's are generally pretty good, but if you can try upgrading to a MS6 if you can find the money. Good luck, and enjoy your new car!
    Easier to live with?!

Have I signed into the Topeka, Kansas Needlepoint Club's forum by mistake? Is a purported car enthusiast actually telling another car enthusiast that a WRX is hard to live with???

As for left-foot braking in a FWD car, don't think this Quail hasn't already explored it to its fullest extent, which isn't much. I drove a 1996 Honda Accord sideways into a rather sturdy mailbox while trying to wring the most out of it on a gravel road by left-foot braking.

It didn't help that I had a couple corn-fed country boys in the back seat at the time, but still, you can't keep a drift going in a FWD car over the course of a 90-degree turn, and you have to be almost supernaturally skilled to pull one off for any corner much over 45 degrees without losing a ton of speed — that's not just me talking, Newton's laws are at work there.

Telling me to take lessons at left-foot braking... What sort of a N00B do you think I am??????
    I'm erudite ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by #3 Tasman Bloke View Post
    I'd prefer the 3 because they are more easy to live with.
    easy to live with is an elastic guideline. how much you can put up with and does the car offer enough excitement to offset any discomfort... heh, i have no issues driving around in a two seater with a full rollcage
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information