Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TVR Pre-Production TVR Sagaris

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    As I’ve said to you before, TVRs are not the only cars with dodgy handbrakes – look at what happened to our yellow Mini!
    Easy Clive, easy... I know, but as we have 2 actual Chimaera owners I thought I'd take the opportunity to find out whether the car actually does have a functioning handbrake or not...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Easy Clive, easy... I know, but as we have 2 actual Chimaera owners I thought I'd take the opportunity to find out whether the car actually does have a functioning handbrake or not...
    Yes: It "functions", but in the same sort of way as the ones on the Corsa (2001-2006) and the Mini. It'll do for holding the car at traffic lights on a hill, for example, but I wouldn't trust it to the point of leaving the car without putting it in gear first. I wasn't "having a go" at you BTW.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

The Speed Six is actually nowhere near as “bad” as some people repeatedly insist on making it out to be in terms of maintenance and reliability.
    My point was that people thought they where difficult to own because they didnt look after them. I can understand your point that they require a different understanding and that good maintainace = good engine ownership experience.

See – if cared for the Speed Six is costly no doubt,
    Thanks..my eyeballs fell out and i couldnt read her post.

Tom, you tool, any retard could have worked that one out for themselves! . Just to clarify, the anticlockwise dial is the rev counter, which measures to 9k rpm. The clockwise dial is the speedo, which measures to 200mph, with markings in increments of 20mph.
    Yep Tom..that post did come out the toolbox. Besides as JC says "it says here it has a top speed of 20mph...no it doesnt!"

It’s great to be joined by fellow TVR enthusiasts and owners.
    you have a TVR?..jk/..I think there are a lot of people that like TVRs, but for those who own them and honestly intend to buy them...you deserve kudus! I can respect that but i feel i would need significant disposable income to commit.

For now I drive a Citroen C4 because at least it’s more interesting than the standard shopping “box-on-wheels”, and it suits my needs and requirements for a daily driver at the moment.
    But you like vauxhalls?!?! im confused

Good practice and advice (take note Tom!), I always do the same even when driving cars, such as the C4, where I have no suspicion that the handbrake could be even slightly dodgy..
    I have a habbit of puting my car in 1st gear when exiting (started when i had a fiesta that would roll of a spirit level) so i am always concious to remind people that i have done this otherwise they get a nasty shock when they start a car ive been in.
    autozine.org

So Clivey has a TVR AND a Citroen C4? That's confusing to say the least!
    Signature removed, no spam allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by #3 Tasman Bloke View Post
    So Clivey has a TVR AND a Citroen C4? That's confusing to say the least!
    AFAIK he is sans TVR, i dont see the confusion and the significance of having a TVR and a C4..great combination IMO. more so a V70 and an atom..ultimate practicality and fun.
    autozine.org

Crikey...where do I start.....

apologies if i miss anything Clivey.

The production cars have the vents filled in ie the fiberglass wasnt removed so its as it came out the mold. PRW wanted 4 Sagaris's a day to come out but it takes 8 hours per car (1 person doing the work) to cut the vents and smooth them off. There are/were only 2 people at that time doing the work so it wasnt feasible. Mine was the prototype/developmentl car so yes the vents were cut out.

Go to a main dealer and yes you will pay £1k for a service on a SP6 - go to an indie and get it for 1/2 of that.

Still no idea what this egg-nogg test is though.

PN05 was Mr.Orange, my car wasn't road registered till 2005, she was trailered everywhere for a good 18 months due to the paintwork etc...PRW didnt want to fork out for re-sprays. Mr.Orange is one of 2 - Mr. O and Mr.Blue, both are in private hands.
    My rear diffuser is off being painted due to excessive speedbump interfaces LOL

My Dad (till he died in May 2006) was the General Manager at TVR, he also ran the transport side and for 15/20 years was the test driver. I learnt to drive in the press Griff 500. My Mum was the warranty manager for 18 years till its closure in 2006. I have grown up at TVR and used it as my playground for many years.

Apart from the open vents & painted interior, it has different rear where the fog/reverse light is, did have a rear-facing exhaust that is now on another former press car, different exhaust and suspension, fuel filler cap is in the open vent, bigger brakes. They are the ones I know about..! My mechanic when its time for the 12k and gets the engine open will let me know if any of the mechanicals are different.

I think that covers everything.....

Claire

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Still no idea what this egg-nogg test is though.
    heres mine , its more tradition than anything else..I really think youve convinced us 10 times over allready!

Im sorry to hear about your Father, sounds like he had an awesome job and it must have been great that he shared his passion with you.
    autozine.org

Ahhh...I see. sort of like todays newspaper in the windcreen.

OK...will have a go this evening (if I remember by the time I get home).

He was, even now I forget and start to dial his number to ask a question, thats sometimes hard.

But ever onwards and in a way I am keeping up Dad's legacy as he had the press/development cars and now I have next up when i get some more money is to get his Press Griff back (Pearl White) - its already been offered to me but I had just got Candy. I also know where the first Cerbera is and thats on my list as well (even though the other half has a 4.5LW).

I think I need to hire a barn in a field soon LOL

Claire

TVR Weekend - Blackpool Today

This is the story about Dad's memorial weekend for Back Home 2006.

The girl sat on the TVR - that would be me on Daisy, my Chimarea 450, if you hover your mouse over the pic - you get a little caption.
    She is also away having a full re-spray, she is 9 years old now and the paint is looking a bit tatty.

Claire
    Last edited by Gaffer; 02-07-2008 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Update

interesting story, particularly the parade in honour of your dad!...i think you have just cause to collect and maintain these special cars. come to think of it there are not many modern marques where this would work as well as that.

Its not really related but this reminds me of the dunsfold collection which aimed (through donation/charity) to collect and maintain all special edition/prototype/one off land rovers. I shouldnt let my passion for british cars be killed by the current foreign domincation in the mass market.
    Last edited by jediali; 02-07-2008 at 04:14 AM.
    autozine.org

Thats cool....not sure how TVR would hold up as many have been either written off or actually destroyed by TVR when they ran out of room.

If i win on Friday the 98mill, I think my collection may grow rather quickly

Claire

If i win on Friday the 98mill, I think my collection may grow rather quickly

Claire
    98 million.. as in a lottery?

Yup - Euromillions I think is up to that...oh sorry its only at £95m not £98m..!

EuroMillions £95m jackpot will be world's biggest win if scooped by singler ticketholder | the Daily Mail

Shame..! as that extra £3m is my private jet

Claire

Ah, ok.

Yup - Euromillions I think is up to that...oh sorry its only at £95m not £98m..!

EuroMillions £95m jackpot will be world's biggest win if scooped by singler ticketholder | the Daily Mail

Shame..! as that extra £3m is my private jet

Claire
    Mmm, I also hope to win them (translated to € it's 130million).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information