Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 612 replacement, the FF

Interesting that actually only 38% of all new Audis (including SUVs and everything) are four wheel drive Quattro models.

Maybe four wheel drive isn't all that appreciated...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Interesting that actually only 38% of all new Audis (including SUVs and everything) are four wheel drive Quattro models.

Maybe four wheel drive isn't all that appreciated...
    erm, what Audi buyers want is mostly the badge and the "interior materials". Perhaps you should check the figures for Subaru also.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    My house mate, who worked on the car, told me that there is actually another car company with a similar system, but he couldn't remember which one it was, either did I.
    I believe there where a few Bentley Anarges with a similar system, but I believe it only worked with 1st gear on those.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    erm, what Audi buyers want is mostly the badge and the "interior materials". Perhaps you should check the figures for Subaru also.
    It wouldn't be very representative probably since in many markets Subarus are sold in four wheel drive guise only, so there's no choice to be had.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It wouldn't be very representative probably since in many markets Subarus are sold in four wheel drive guise only, so there's no choice to be had.
    IF you buy an Audi (ok, I know you did, but you're... special ) you are mainly interested in showing off. AWD is taking money away from xenon lamps, 30" wheels and S-S-S-S-Line kits.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Looks Like it could be a slow seller for Ferrari. I have a feeling that the F70 or ENZO II could be a disappointment also, they'll sell every copy but probably at a lower price than they hope. The good news, these two events could possibly force Ferrari to do what it has refused to do for almost 40 years. Revive the Dino name. A 1250kg car powered by 330 HP V6 with a price tag of less than 100,000 Euros would be just right. Still out of my price range, but one hard fall at WALMART or food poisoning at MCdonald's and a good lawyer, and I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaven View Post
    Looks Like it could be a slow seller for Ferrari
    The first year production run of the Ferrari FF is already sold out.

That is 800 cars - each with a price tag of €260,000.

Get back to me next year, first year production runs for new Ferraris tend to be hot.

As for the F70 with a price over $1 million, I don't know.

Maybe it's a bit less than 800 cars, as I know they developed the car with a target of 3.000 units during the whole life span. There are possibilities about selling 4.000 units according to some projections though.

I can't really see why this should be a slow seller though. Even the 612 was regarded as some sort of a fail, yet it managed to sell all the units they planned. Then again I'd like to know how on Earth you could point the finger against the F150 (code name for the new Enzo) when it's not even out, with its design still evolving.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    .... Then again I'd like to know how on Earth you could point the finger against the F150 (code name for the new Enzo) when it's not even out, with its design still evolving.
    I thought the F150 was the codename for this years F1 car, that is until Ford stepped in with some sort of complaint
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    The first year production run of the Ferrari FF is already sold out.

That is 800 cars - each with a price tag of €260,000.
    I read somewhere that Ferrari asked it's potential customer what they wanted from a new Ferrari, and the Ferrari FF is what people with the money want, i think even if car enthusiast don't like Ferrari FF you still have to give it to Ferrari, I mean they know what they are doing when they sell cars.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree View Post
    I thought the F150 was the codename for this years F1 car, that is until Ford stepped in with some sort of complaint
    F150 is the codename if the new supercar, as with F151 being the codename of the FF. Actually I still don't know if its called Ferrari Four or Ferrari FF.
    F150th Italia or whatever it is it's just the name of the formula car.

No room for Ford there.

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    I read somewhere that Ferrari asked it's potential customer what they wanted from a new Ferrari, and the Ferrari FF is what people with the money want, i think even if car enthusiast don't like Ferrari FF you still have to give it to Ferrari, I mean they know what they are doing when they sell cars.
    Well I'm sure that what customers REALLY want from Ferrari is a huge Stupendously Useless Vehicle.

This must be the next best thing then.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Well I'm sure that what customers REALLY want from Ferrari is a huge Stupendously Useless Vehicle.
    Maybe they have kids and they wanted a Ferrari they can use everyday, it would be cool if your a kid and your parents own a Ferrari FF and they take you to school everyday in it.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Thread Information