Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '55 Shovelnose

Maybe I can help you all out I use a plugin for photoshop called BoxTop JPG it is a compression took to compress jpgs and not loose the quality. I use it all the time on my pics. If anyone is interested in it I can upload it to rapidshare and post the link! It is better then photoshops compression!

Quote Originally Posted by painterr
    Maybe I can help you all out I use a plugin for photoshop called BoxTop JPG it is a compression took to compress jpgs and not loose the quality. I use it all the time on my pics. If anyone is interested in it I can upload it to rapidshare and post the link! It is better then photoshops compression!

Oh, that sounds good, Painterr...because I def get compression in my Jpeg saves tho I try to do ONLY one per image saved or else I rename it & save a new version to prevent Jepg compression in the same pix.
    Love to check it out !!...resizing does cuase compression esp in modified pictures, I am not sure why either Esperante, but it certianly does happen, as i have to retouch the resizied pix to bring up the definition. I Dont use filters all that much unless it is for a specific effect, but under it is always a drawn image.

Check your PM's

UPDATE Here is a snapshot of the plugin open:

At the upper right side I found if you check progressive display and Huffman code optimation you get the best compression. Then you have two slider bars at the bottom one for quality and the other one for smoothing. Under the windows you see the orignal size and the new size. If you are working on layers it will do the layer you are on and not the whole pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by painterr; 12-01-2006 at 10:08 PM.

THX !!!...sounds very good, nice technique using it for individual layers, have to get to it next week as I have a family illness to deal with this weekend, thanks again.

Thread Information