Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McLaren gone for 2007 + 2008. [RUMOUR]

McLaren gone for 2007 + 2008. [RUMOUR]

SERVED

Quote Originally Posted by autosport
    Newsflash: McLaren excluded from 2007-08
    By Steve Cooper Thursday, September 13th 2007, 14:57 GMT

The World Motor Sport Council has decided to exclude McLaren-Mercedes from the 2007 and 2008 Formula One world championship.

More details to follow shortly...
    And another link... Formula One news: McLaren team excluded from F1 in 2007 and 2008? - GPUpdate.net Formula One
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

None of my usual sources have any news up yet. A blog I go to talks about a six race ban starting this weekend and going up to the first two races of 2008. Probably better to wait for official news tho.
    Zag when they Zig

I wasn't exactly following F1 for the last months and I have no idea what happened? Care to enlighten me? =)

Unbelievable! I 've just thought... What a luck that Raikkonen was gone to Ferrari... And me with him , tho it was veeeeery hard to leave McLaren, honestly, I always preferred them. McLaren + Finnish racer = awesome, IMO.

So, there is no more interest in races? They were boring even with them, and now... God! They weren't allowed to do this! Now the finish stats will consist of two Ferraris at first two places and BMWs third and fourth... No nervous moments, no race at all!

Nope, I think they couldn't do that...

Quote Originally Posted by pergarec View Post
    I wasn't exactly following F1 for the last months and I have no idea what happened? Care to enlighten me? =)
    the timeline of an affair that could yet decide this year’s titles…

June, 2007
    Reports claim that long-time Ferrari engineer Nigel Stepney is under investigation by Italian authorities after an unspecified complaint is made against him by the team. Stepney protests his innocence, denying suggestions that he attempted to sabotage Ferrari’s cars at the Monaco Grand Prix.

July 3, 2007
    Ferrari reveal Stepney has left the company after an ‘internal disciplinary procedure’.

July 4, 2007
    Ferrari confirm they have presented a legal case against Stepney concerning the alleged theft of technical information. The team say a staff member from rivals McLaren is also involved in the investigation.

McLaren confirms the involvement, and suspension, of an unnamed employee - subsequently revealed as senior designer Mike Coughlan. After a full review of their cars, the team insist that no intellectual property from Ferrari has been used.

The FIA announces a formal investigation into the matter, with the full cooperation of both teams.

July 5, 2007
    Ferrari admit it was a source outside of Formula One racing that tipped them off to the possibility of a McLaren having obtained their intellectual property.

July 6, 2007
    Honda’s CEO Nick Fry reveals that Stepney and Coughlan paid a joint visit to the team in June, with ‘a view to investigating job opportunities’. Fry stresses that that no confidential information was offered or received during the meeting.

July 10-11, 2007
    A hearing is held at London’s High Court with Ferrari lawyers and Coughlan in attendance. Reports cite allegations that the suspended designer and his wife submitted 780 pages of Ferrari documentation to a photocopy shop in Woking.

July 12, 2007
    Ferrari confirm that Coughlan has provided them with an affidavit relating to the enquiry, but that both the designer and his wife remain the subject of a London High Court action by the team.

McLaren are summoned to appear before the FIA World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) to answer a charge of breaching the International Sporting Code by possessing confidential Ferrari data. The team maintain that no other staff members were aware of the material.

July 26, 2007
    At the Paris hearing, the WMSC finds McLaren guilty of breaching the Sporting Code, but choose not to impose sanctions as there is no proof that the team made use of the data. However, McLaren are warned that if such proof later comes to light, they could face exclusion from the 2007 and 2008 championships. The WMSC also calls on Stepney and Coughlan to appear before the FIA.

Ferrari describe the decision not to punish McLaren as “incomprehensible” and vow to continue with legal action already underway against Stepney and Coughlan.

July 30, 2007
    Ferrari boss Jean Todt claims Coughlan had access to leaked Ferrari data prior to the start of the 2007 season, and that it prompted McLaren’s subsequent request for FIA clarification over the use of ‘moveable’ floors.

July 31, 2007
    FIA president Max Mosley refers the case to the International Court of Appeal following suggestions that the original WMSC hearing had not given Ferrari sufficient opportunity to present their version of events.

August 2, 2007
    McLaren team principal Ron Dennis accuses Ferrari of winning the Australian Grand Prix with an illegal car and of manipulating media coverage to damage his team’s reputation.

August 7, 2007
    The FIA sets a date for the appeal. The International Court of Appeal (ICA) will meet in Paris on Thursday, September 13.

September 5, 2007
    A week before the appeal hearing, the FIA announces that “following the receipt of new evidence” the WMSC will instead reconvene to make a fresh judgment on the McLaren-Ferrari ‘spy scandal’.

September 7, 2007
    The FIA reveals it has written to McLaren drivers Fernando Alonso, Pedro de la Rosa and Lewis Hamilton after allegations they may have information relevant to the case. They are warned that failure to disclose any such information could involve serious consequences. Lawyers advise McLaren to make no further comment ahead of the WMSC hearing.

September 8, 2007
    Modena’s public prosecutor, Giuseppe Tibis, issues ‘avviso di garanzia’ - legal notice that someone is under investigation in a criminal procedure - to Stepney and six McLaren personnel, including Dennis, group managing director Martin Whitmarsh and Jonathan Neale, the team’s managing director.

September 13, 2007
    The world awaits news from Paris…

an I recommend NOT getting carried away with speculation presented as fact by idiots and overpaid journos
    It'll appear on The Official Formula 1 Website
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 09-13-2007 at 09:41 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

As far as I'm aware there has been no official announcement as to the exact punishment. Several news agencies reported "an inside source" saying they would be banned for 2007 & 2008, but that could just be rumour.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

It always goes ferrari's way

Nothing set in stone yet, but Jackie Stewart said he rckons there's some bias in this whole spy row against McLaren.
    BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula One | Stewart alleges bias in spy row
    Personally, i think its all bull, i don't believe McLaren are guilty...

It's even hit CNN, but no final word yet.

What is clear is that there is a huge following to the matter... I've been trying to access Autosport without success for half an hour now...

Huge implications if they are really banned for 2008! The Driver market is going to get busy!!! and with that everyother market related (engineers, suppliers). Will the sponsors stay? will McLaren survive a year without income?
    Hey! Prodrive might get the best out af all this mess. Good for David Richards!

Jumps right into my mind: will they try enter under a different name?
    Zag when they Zig

No final word, got BBC news 24 running here on the computer, I'll update you when I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    It always goes ferrari's way
    welcome Mr. Pavlov...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Now the rumor is 2007 only?!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I thought it was only constructors points being removed, where wasnt i informed
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

$100M fine and loss of all constructors points for 2007.
    Drivers will be safe.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information